• This topic has 22 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • STW Ballot: This Christmas time I shall be…
  • Drac

Working!

That choice wasn't there , yeah I clicked the "My choice is never appears" option but just thought I make it clearer.

Humbug!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Drac is Father Christmas shocker!!!

Drac

No if I was I'd be working Xmas eve. 😛

GrahamS

My sympathies Drac.

MrsGrahamS is working too. And doing nights over New Year too. While pregnant 😕
    (Ain't the modern NHS great?)

We just had our Christmas at the weekend there and I'm now sat at work full of turkey 🙂

Drac

Working old years night too.

Ah it's all part of my job but very frustrating this year as my youngest is full on with Xmas now too, so I have two very excited girls in the house for Friday.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

…even more miserable than usual

RichPenny
    Free Member

…riding. Christmas is shite anyway.

anokdale
    Free Member

Working here, started on the 24th Nov and finnish on the 28th Dec then off for a month 😆

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

This Christmas I shall be very very drunk!

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

getting wound up by the mother in law, if we ever get there.

And eating meat in a house full of vegetarians.

lowey

Sorry to hear that matey, but I'd be sorrier for the poor buggers who need your services :p

Have a good one anyway mate.

Drac

A good point Lowey but sadly way too many of our calls are unnecessary.

I will enjoy all the same just a right pain.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Ah, sorry, just saw that you have kids. That is harsh. Still, your kids will grow up knowing that their dad does an incredibly important job, not many can say that.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

As per RichPenny.

and I shall be… watching my 2 year old entranced by the whole event and hoping she manages her now almost perfect, "Merry Christmas. Ho!Ho!" down the pohone to her Grandma and Grandad. Then cooking a nice rib of beef. Yum 🙂

And doing it all over again on Boxing Day but with the addition of my two boys and a leg of lamb instead of beef 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

..driving around the country visiting relatives who demand our presence

ton

riding my bike around kirroughtree, with my son in tow…..
    or maybe he will have me in tow………… 😉

Drac

Kids are taking it in their stride.

Eldest even said tonight "When you get home from work nearly all the family will be here, so when we open our presents everyone can see." Bless her I don't finish until 7 at night from 7am, of course we'll just get up early in the morning.

Cheers all for the comments it is just a job, I am proud of what I do but it's a job we all do a bit some how.

project
    Free Member

Drac last year Christmas eve,was sat in a ward with a mates mum,who was very ill,she died begining of January.

Year before,every day for 2 weeks in December visited my Dad in hospital,he was quite ill,then he was sent home,back to A and E, for the 27 December at 06.45 for 6 hours,with my dad.

One thing i noticed,the sicker people are the less they complain, the drunks,the violent and abusive,throw them out.

Treat the ill, not the self inflicted ill.

You do a good job all of you, and the patients s ometimes forget or fail to say THANKYOU.

So thankyou all for working,we do appreciate it.

mboy
    Free Member

Tell you what, I'd much rather be working Christmas than have no job!

So quit yer whining and get on with it, some of us have all the time in the world, but can't do anything with it as I can't afford to with no job… 😉

Drac

Well yes there is that Maverick I'm lucky to have a secure job when so many are losing theirs.

One thing i noticed,the sicker people are the less they complain, the drunks,the violent and abusive,throw them out.

So true.

And thanks for the thanks, it's appreciated.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Also working Chrimbo Day. 08.00 – 20.00. Hey ho, first time in eight years. 🙄

langy
    Free Member

…probably trying to hold my tongue cos at least one of the outlaws will say or do something to get my back up.

still next year will be with our own little one. maybe it'll be more exciting then.

Drac

I've worked more Christmases than I've had off but still I know next year for the full week I'm off. Phone will be ignored, no email will be checked and no chance of me doing anyone a shift as never had Xmas week off.

My MIL will be here again this year but she always is and the SIL but I don't go with the cliche and get on with my MIL.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘STW Ballot: This Christmas time I shall be…’ is closed to new replies.