Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • STW 2nd Swinley Forest Meet-up…
  • bikey
    Free Member

Hi Guys.
    Only a few more days to go before Swinley Forest gets invaded for the day by a bunch of very strange people from on here.

I am just working through my Swinley Forest Checklist for Sunday:

1. Niche bike
    2. Single geared (obviously)
    3. A sparlkingly clean bike (like its never been riden off-road)!!!
    4. Both valves and tyre logo's lined up correctly
    5. Dressed from head to toe in Rapha gear
    6. Carrying an injury so forced to ride with the slow group at the back!
    7. The correct tyres for Swinley (having checked the weather forcast the day before in cast the weather changes mid ride)!!!

Well I have checked all the above and am ready to roll.

Seriously guys I am really looking forward to meeting up with some of the same people I rode with back in January at the 1st STW Swinley Forest meet-up.

Its only about a hour from me as I live near Portsmouth, but I was wondering who lives the furthest and is traveling the longest to be there?

Matt

peteimpreza

Coming up from South Glostershire. It's nearly 90 miles for me. I think a few folk are coming from the Quantocks so they will beat that quite comfortably.

Amos
    Free Member

What about far to much suspension travel and too many gears for swinley? if so you can count me in. I'm only up the road in Goring-on-Thames so certainly lose the furthest distance travelled competition. Looking forward to it though!

ddmonkey

Just had a gander at the weather forecast, quite glad I couldn't make it after all….

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Darkest Dorset for me, YOU FORGOT CAKE!! MUST BRING CAKE!!

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

North Hants for me. Easy journey, A303 – M3. Job done. 🙂
    Note to self, don't forget waterproofs, it's looking wet!!

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

MM – I'm without internet at home for a couple of weeks and off work the rest of this week, so i'll call you Friday or Saturday..p.s Happy birthday tomorrow.

DrP

Rusty-trowel – where abouts in Dorset you coming from?
    I'm Bo'mo way – fancy sharing a lift??

DrP

Email in profile…

jedi

im going from hertford. in fact i need directions 🙁

atlaz
    Free Member

M25 towards Gatwick (Westbound from the A1(M), take the M3 turnoff, take the first turn off the M3 towards Bracknell/Bagshot, keep going a few miles until you get to a roundabout, turn left there, and then first left and you're in the carpark. Easy.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Dr P – Poole. May drop you a line later, not sure yet if i'm going straight there or stopping at my mums up that way the night before.

bananaworld
    Free Member

Only coming from the Big Smoke™ but have misplaced the original thread – anyone know when & where is the rendezvous…? 🙂

bananaworld
    Free Member

Thank you, kind sir.

Now why wouldn't the verdumpty search let me find that???

(Edit: That's right, I'm blaming the search facility, not my inability to use it.)

DrP

Trowel – i'm Poole too actually (although postcode is Bo'mo…) – I'm at the 'Poole end' of the wallisdown road!

Would be good to share, but no worries if not!

DrP

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

DrP – e-mail sent

cinnamon_girl

bikey – I object to your use of the words "very strange people". It's everyone else (ie non-riders) that are strange 😉

Oh and reckon you are sorted with a riding group – Paul D is your man!

Looking forward to meeting up with familiar faces and meeting new ones too 😀

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

If anyone wants a 16" 456 with pikes, e13 drs, xt cranks etc, bring some money, it'll be for sale after this ride.

cinnamon_girl

Mulletus – Happy Birthday for tomorrow 🙂

mboy
    Free Member

A long shot, but a mate of a mate wants to come along, he lives near Stroud in Gloucestershire… Anybody in that area with a spare seat in their car perhaps? He'd obviously chip in for fuel and food etc…

I would pick him up, but I will have no space in my car!

DrRSwank
    Free Member

I could be half interested by this. Will there be a fat knacker group who push up hills and wheeze whilst eating?

knottie8
    Free Member

lol at Drswank , theres hardly any hills at swinley anyway.

peteimpreza

mboy is your mate able to get down to Chipping Sodbury? Mail in profile.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘STW 2nd Swinley Forest Meet-up…’ is closed to new replies.