Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 105 total)
  • Stupidestest thing heard this weekend…
  • meehaja
    Free Member

isn't there a group of animals called a squadron, is it geese or something?

Anyway, call it what you want, its riding bikes with your mates. Some people call it a blast, a razz, a quick loop, a training ride, a session, adventure, trip, a ride… whatever. I quite like manoeuvres, sounds like more fun.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I'm more Special Forces than any of you.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

isn't there a group of animals called a squadron, is it geese or something?

No, I'm pretty sure that's actually a 'Bastard of Geese'.

It is possible I may be wrong.

nickc

See, even the army wear helmets, and they're padded up…That does it for me, I'm never riding a bike without armour from now on…

Wonders if a coil of rope is really necessary….

cynic-al
    Free Member

backhander – Member

6) Keep on about how fantastically fit and hard you are at martial arts

LOLs! 😀

BigDummy
    Free Member

Wonders if a coil of rope is really necessary….

You are so not Special Forces. What're you going to do if your Segway gets bogged down in a mangrove swamp and you haven't got rope?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

1) Read a few Andy McNab books.
    2) Do a very short stint in the TA
    3) Read some other SAS novels.
    4) Spend hours looking for forum "mistakes" that you can correct using your knowledge and constant obvious "hints" that you are ex Special Forces.
    5) Turn off your PC at 10pm when Mummy tells you it's bed time.
    And;

Hard you are at martials arts?

That sentence might have been funny my little IT geek stalker friend except that it makes no sense.

Try harder next time.

Oh and you fit the keyboard warrior bill perfectly with:

Do NOT buy the old "crisp packet" type WPs. These were issued before the goretex ones. These will suck every ounce of moisture out of you. I have first hand experience of these and in the end decided that I'd rather be p1ss wrapped than on my chinstrap due to these hateful things.

Note the use of Forces "lingo" to try and authenticate one's keyboard warrior credentials. You use it all the time BH. Fail.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Methinks CFH was using irony in the first place.

Oh, thanks. I would have missed it if you hadn't pointed it out.

toys19
    Free Member

I can just see the marines training on Dartmoor with segways….

nickc

'Bastard of Geese'.

Is that like an "Absolute f**ker" of Herons?

I am so special forces…I've got a camo pencil case…

backhander
    Free Member

Try harder next time stalker nerd.

Ha! Funny tinternerd hardman. You display all the classic symptoms of "small man syndrome".Personally I reckon you're eff all.
    Knowing people as I do having served 8 years and being a payed up, badge wearing commando (regular not TA). Why don't you go back to bikegaydar or biketragic? You fitted in a lot better there.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Ha! Funny tinternerd hardman. You display all the classic symptoms of "small man syndrome".Personally I reckon you're eff all.
    Knowing people as I do having served 8 years and being a payed up, badge wearing commando (regular not TA). Why don't you go back to bikegaydar or biketragic? You fitted in a lot better there.

Yes of course you did. 😆

Get a bit of flack and you get all hissy and shouty. If you'd actually served any time in HM Forces, you'd have a bit more of a spine than that.

I know who you are – you'd struggle ride up a small incline without gasping for breath nowadays. Still you can always hang on to your claimed past can't you?

backhander
    Free Member

My past is as I say it is mate and I'm bloody proud as it took a lot of hard work. If you knew who I was then you'd know this. Hence you obviously have no idea!
    I'm also very calm, it would take far more than you to wind me up.
    Talking of hissy and shouty; why were you banned from bikeradar again? Wasn't it for an argument about CARS?!?WTF?
    I'm also riding up a lot steeper hills than you nowadays, don't you live in cornwall?

yoda
    Free Member

toys19 – Member

Can we use the term "bootnecks" please? Marines shows a lack of understanding! 😆
    Back to your grot toys19 you're obviously a pongo or a cherry berret and can't even Walt it up behind a keybord. 😉

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

TBH I'm not actually sure why I was banned and neither are half a dozen people who PM'd me asking what had happened. All turned out good though as BR is a waste of time now and policed by utter gimps.

Fair enough if you did serve – like you (I now assume you are probably genuine but a bit stroppy), I don't feel the need to make stuff up on forums, unlike many. But there will always be those that choose to berate everyone and everything just because they aren't very happy with life.

**** 'em I say.

Oh and to prove you did take the Commando course, what colour is the platform at the Marines train station at Lympstone?

I am of course, joking… 😆

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Is that like an "Absolute f**ker" of Herons?

Yep that's it, like a 'Proper C*** of Pochards'.

Look at them! Run for your livers!

yoda
    Free Member

Surf-Mat – Member

Yes of course you did.

Get a bit of flack and you get all hissy and shouty. If you'd actually served any time in HM Forces, you'd have a bit more of a spine than that.

I know who you are – you'd struggle ride up a small incline without gasping for breath nowadays. Still you can always hang on to your claimed past can't you?

Posted 8 minutes ago # Report-Post
    backhander – Member
    My past is as I say it is mate and I'm bloody proud as it took a lot of hard work. If you knew who I was then you'd know this. Hence you obviously have no idea!
    I'm also very calm, it would take far more than you to wind me up.
    Talking of hissy and shouty; why were you banned from bikeradar again? Wasn't it for an argument about CARS?!?WTF?
    I'm also riding up a lot steeper hills than you nowadays, don't you live in cornwall?

FIX BAYONETTES!!!!!!!

jon1973
    Free Member

What is your major malfunction?

BigDummy
    Free Member

As anyone who served with Special Segway Recon Group would know, we used to call them "lizards". 🙄

SSRG wasn't all marines anyway, it was tri-service and pretty effing special. Good times, good men. Most of the lads who are still alive have "episodes" when they hear the sound of a motorised wheelchair though. 😐

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

MWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA… 😆 😉

backhander
    Free Member

Oh and to prove you did take the Commando course, what colour is the platform at the Marines train station at Lympstone?

It's grey and cold and (the first time you arrive) scary.
    It brings you out near the bottom field which has a similar psychological effect seeing the 30ft ropes (and frames) whipping away in the wind.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

bh – I did a POC and AIB so have spent a few days there.

I would like to CLEARLY point out that I was never an actual Royal Marine though despite passing both 😉 Just did three years "pretend Army" (OTC) at Uni 😆

One poor sod we trained with was very bright and had a law degree. He passed the POC but failed the AIB. He was so determined to be a Marine that he went in right at the bottom – now that's dedication!

toys19
    Free Member

Can we use the term "bootnecks" please? Marines shows a lack of understanding!
    Back to your grot toys19 you're obviously a pongo or a cherry berret and can't even Walt it up behind a keybord.

Nah I'm a civvy mate, but I live in Exeter cycle on Woodberg and Dartmoor, and my brother was in 40 from 77-86 (3xNI, Norway, South Atlantic on Endurance and Falklands Conflict) and at CTCRM from 86-96. So I alway have an eye out for them, the thinking mans soldier best in the world etc etc ..

I wanted to join up when I was 17 (88) but my bro being on the training team and all put in a bad word for me. I would have been shit anyway, cant take orders no discipline and would most likely have been a chicken under fire.

I used to enjoy meeting people who claimed they were in or had been in that marines. It's easy to spot the fakers.

PS If I remember correctly in the eighties pongos were known as Crap-Hats..

nickc

Are you sure those are Pochards Elf?

Admiralable
    Free Member

backhander – Member

1) Read a few Andy McNab books.
    2) Do a very short stint in the TA
    3) Read some other SAS novels.
    4) Spend hours looking for forum "mistakes" that you can correct using your knowledge and constant obvious "hints" that you are ex Special Forces.
    5) Turn off your PC at 10pm when Mummy tells you it's bed time.

And;

BigDummy
    Free Member

Are you sure those are Pochards Elf?

Red crested pochards I think. Still ****s.

davidrussell
    Free Member

the results of recoil from firing a weapon on a segway would make a good youpube vid. Imagine Dirty harry or a sniper on a Segway…

willard

*hurridly searches youtube for "segway .50 cal recoil"*

Damn. No hits.

Anyone here own a Segway? And a .50 cal? Anyone?

Oh, and it is a "b'stard of swans". You know, they can break a man's arm with their wings, and often do. For fun.

toys19
    Free Member

They have segways at haldon, you can do a segway tour. No joke. I wonder if they will let me bring my airgun..

BigDummy
    Free Member

Of course there's no video of the lizards on youtube. We weren't messing around, we were training for combat.

This is all pretty much in the public domain these days of course, but the SSRG used recoil-less rifles for serious firepower. Some of our guys had been undercover for the CIA in Afghanistan during the Soviet war, and had seen them used on the backs of donkeys, like this.

nickc

Those guys up there on segways…They're toy guns aren't they…water pistols I reckon

toys19
    Free Member

I think its from a film..

Nope, the chinese tried them out for real!

backhander
    Free Member

Chinese coppers aren't they?
    Beijing olympics IIRC.

toys19
    Free Member

Yep google found this chinese anti terror police

nickc

Anti terror?

The idea was what? make the terrorists laugh so much they'd fall over helplessly and you could just handcuff them?

molgrips
    Free Member

I have fired a Dirty Harry gun. So there 🙂 To be honest, I doubt the recoil would've caused much trouble. It was a bit like someone hitting the palm of your hand with a mallet. Very uncomfortable, but it didn't make you fall over backwards or anything even slightly.

But there will always be those that choose to berate everyone and everything just because they aren't very happy with life

Not many tho. And practically none on here 🙂

ourkidsam
    Free Member

?

nickc

You've fired Harry's dirty gun?

Is that a euphemism

backhander
    Free Member

No he fired harrys dirty gun

toys19
    Free Member

I have fired a Dirty Harry gun

Damn I always wanted to. Where/when did you fire yours?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 105 total)

The topic ‘Stupidestest thing heard this weekend…’ is closed to new replies.