Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • Stupid Job titles
  • coconut
    Free Member

Got an email the other day from a “Generation Consultant”… turns out to be a recruitment person.

On the breakfast news is a “Political Scientist”.. 😯 errr… thats a science

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Political science is a social science which deals with systems of government, and the analysis of political activities, political thoughts and political behaviour.[1] It deals extensively with the theory and practice of politics which is commonly thought of as determining of the distribution of power and resources. Political scientists “see themselves engaged in revealing the relationships underlying political events and conditions, and from these revelations they attempt to construct general principles about the way the world of politics works.”[2]

errr… thats a science

errr yeah

vickypea
    Free Member

I once sat next to a “change agent” and was none the wiser after he had kindly spent 20 minutes explaining what one was

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://study.com/academy/lesson/change-agent-definition-role-quiz.html
    This web site might help a few people 😉

and was none the wiser after he had kindly spent 20 minutes explaining what one was

I meet people who can’t explain thier jobs all the time, not that uncommon.
    (and part of my job probably covers “Change Agent” it is kind of what is says it is really)

gerti
    Free Member

We got an all staff email the other day telling us we’ve got a new ‘Head of platforms’

I didn’t read any further, so I’m not sure if it meant head of platform boots or head of platforms you perform on or what.

maccruiskeen

I once sat next to a “change agent” and was none the wiser after he had kindly spent 20 minutes explaining what one was

Put simply – If you gave him a fiver he’d give you three pound coins, two 50ps three 20ps, and twenty 2ps for the coin-pusher machine (which lets face it is everyones favourite).

Basically he’s the guy who sits in the kiosk in a seaside arcade.

canopy
    Free Member

We got an all staff email the other day telling us we’ve got a new ‘Head of platforms’

I didn’t read any further, so I’m not sure if it meant head of platform boots or head of platforms you perform on or what.
    ^ depends on the business?

in my world head of platforms would be the boss above the individual platform bosses/team leaders. where a platform is basically an operating system.. mobile, or windows, or mac os x.. but, it could also apply to differing social media platforms like facebook, twitter etc..

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m a Programme Manager, the amount of times I get asked “do you make TV programs then”

I think it’s a silly title.

chiefgrooveguru

We have two admin guitarists at work.

maccruiskeen

I work in an industry where you still have a ‘Best Boy’.

project
    Free Member

My job title is ACCESS CONTROL FACILITATION TECHNICIAN,i fit doors and gates etc.

Im also Bike Blogger, someone who writes and films articles for social media about bikes and routes.Got told that the other day, till then i just thought i was a bit nerdy.

Cougar

We have “Senior Client Directors” here.

Aka, “Salesmen.”

MoreCashThanDash

Had an email from a “Journey Consultant” the other day.

No, you are a “Travel Agent” at best. More likely you are a “Sales Advisor”.

Who ever came up with the job title is, without doubt, a “Pretentious Bellend”

Nico
    Free Member

“My client describes himself as a compulsory property transferrance executive, m’lud”.

Nico
    Free Member

in my world head of platforms would be the boss above the individual platform bosses/team leaders. where a platform is basically an operating system.. mobile, or windows, or mac os x.. but, it could also apply to differing social media platforms like facebook, twitter etc..

Or deputy station-master.

And wtf does “fat controller” mean? A dietician, a sewer cleaner, or Donald Trump? Really!

Northwind

I’m in education liaison. Nobody who isn’t in EL knows what that means. We do very little liaising with education anyway. So I always say “degree salesman”. But in this enduro age it does seem appropriate that the liaison is the boring unpleasant bit between the good bits.

(also, pro tip- don’t put “liaison” in your email address because everyone misses out the second i)

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Aren’t binmen now ‘Environmental Engineers’?

perchypanther
    Free Member

everyone misses out the second i

Especially pirates…. .and cyclops

dmorts

Solution Architect

Merely because it makes a mockery of how much dedication, time and commitment it takes to become an Architect in the traditional sense.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

change agent

Which word was it that you didn’t understand?

Northwind

perchypanther – Member

Especially pirates…. .and cyclops

Though, not rastafarians or Neil Diamond

piemann
    Free Member

GSK have ‘Execution Managers’.

I guess with all the shenanigans they (allegedly) get up to, that the occasional ‘offing’ of one of their own is to be expected.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Cheif of platforms

perchypanther
    Free Member

Jetpac!

Awesome!

jruk
    Free Member

“Growth Hacker” is pretty common amongst startups and I bloody hate it. Such a **** term up there with anything with guru / ninja / rockstar in.

everyone
    Free Member

My job title is Technologist. What’s wrong with Metallurgist or Materials Engineer?

slowoldman

Maybe metallurgist is considered plasticist in these post-metal days. Perhaps you are a materialist.

IHN

AT my current contract location, every bugger seems to be Head Of Blahblah or Divisional Director of Somethingorother.

For instance, there’s the Head Of Cyber Security. Sounds impressive until you realise that he is the firm’s entire cyber security workforce.

Solution Architect

Merely because it makes a mockery of how much dedication, time and commitment it takes to become an Architect in the traditional sense.

Yeah, but the daily rate for a contract Solution Architect is enough to assuage any guilt they may have 🙂

freeagent
    Free Member

Solution Architect

I’m a project manger – working in Engineering.

As soon as you mention the ‘E’ word, people assume you either work in Kwik-Fit or do a job which involves driving a van with ladders on the roof.

Kahurangi

change agent

Har har, very funny. Must be another B-Ark occupant.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

(also, pro tip- don’t put “liaison” in your email address because everyone misses out the second i)

If there’s one thing I can thank Ronald Hadlington for, it’s being able to spell li-bloody-aison.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I am officially a “Tower Lead”

Nope, not a clue either

My best ever job title was printed on my pay slip when I was at University and doing a year in industry. Printed in bold, right under my name was : CASUAL STUD

I guess they ran out of space for Casual Student or maybe they just knew me better than I thought…

jonba
    Free Member

My job title is Technologist

I used to be one of those, now I’m a technology associate.

nach
    Free Member

A few favourites I’ve collected over the years (not by having them myself, I hasten to add), all real:

Internet Adventurer
    Internet Executive
    Spokesperson for the Potato Council
    Director of Creation
    App Dreamer
    National Bowel QA Facilitator (With Public Health England)
    Digital Prophet
    Innovation Executive

and a fake one someone I know put on business cards for a conference:
    Vice President of Synergies and Paradigms

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

fake one – I had Conceptual Engineer on printed business cards before Admin noticed

simmy
    Free Member

When I was a Delivery Driver I used to joke I was a ” field logistics manager ” quite a few young ladies fell for it.

Now I’m a Driving Instructor, I don’t go round telling people what I do if I meet them away from work. I just tell them I do driving risk assessments for fleet based corporate clients.

It’s not a lie, I’m qualified to do it, it’s just its a lot easier teaching learners.

If I say I’m a driving instructor I can’t get away from people, ” how much are lessons now ” , ” oh I remember when I took my test ……..” , ” I’d never pass now, what should I do when I come upto them new roundabouts, you know those…….”

perchypanther
    Free Member

How much are driving lessons now?

nealglover
    Free Member

oh I remember when I took my test

nach
    Free Member

Can you tell me anything about contesting a ticket for driving in a bus lane?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Jon Taylor – Member

change agent

Har har, very funny. Must be another B-Ark occupant.[/quote]
    Seriously it’s explains itself (that and the link up on page one sums it up nicely)

Me thinks some people are objecting for effect again.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Stupid Job titles’ is closed to new replies.