Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Stumpjumper FSR – the best 140mm all-rounder?
  • MrCrushrider
    Free Member

Im after something i can do ‘proper rides’ on plus something that can handle being chucked down DH runs every now and again. currently got an old heckler but wouldnt mind something newer/lighter/shiney!

what are the other good alternatives out there? – plus SHOW US YOUR STUMPJUMPER PICS! 😀

Scamper
    Free Member

Got an 09 version – light, good trail bike – best on fast, smooth swoopy bits. Climbs very well, and decends ok, but the triad shock is a bit on/off. Best balanced with fork set at 140 – 120 fine for all climbing, but 100 blows through its travel too easily.

chakaping
    Free Member

Liking my new (to me) Mondraker Foxy very much. It’s light, low, long and pedals very well…

One to try before you buy though.

lakesrider
    Free Member

what about orange 5 or Blur LT?

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

not really impressed with how much bike you get for your £2600 with orange and the Blur Lt is very nice but a bit out of my price range.

how about the 2011 enduro??? does it weigh a ton?

stumpy01

Original 2010 Stumpjumper FSR Elite, which I bought in Jan 2010:

Loved it, but the paint finish was faulty. The frame was replaced under warranty with this (pro carbon with Brain shock):

I think it rides really well. It’s given me a lot more confidence on steep, rocky descents which I struggle on. It’s got the TALAS fork, but I very rarely wind it down.
    The brain has made the bike ‘tighter’, but the Triad shock on the original frame was perfectly fine anyway. On the one I test rode, the Brain had a noticeable clunk when it opened, but this one doesn’t seem to do that. I normally have it set a couple of clicks from fully on & you don’t really notice it opening & closing.

I like the look of the 2011 versions, especially fitted with the double crankset up-front, but MBR have had some quality issues with the crankset on their long-term Stumpy Evo.

If you are looking at throwing it down steeper stuff, it might be worth getting the evo, over the standard one.

chakaping
    Free Member

Oh, and it’s compulsory to mention Canyon bikes in any recommendation thread nowadays too (Nerve AM I think is 140mm model).

Stunning VFM and reports suggest frames are good too.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

For around £2500 you could get a SC Butcher which has the APP rather than VPP. A bit heavier than a Blur, but gets good reviews and seems to be aimed at what you want to do

z1ppy

Where Mark?

I’m reporting this as a troll “Stumpjumper FSR – the best 140mm all-rounder” indeed!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Stumpjumper FSR – the best 140mm all-rounder?’ is closed to new replies.