Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Straw poll (car content)
  • M6TTF
    Free Member

colour is irrelevant, you’ll never see it as it will be at the dealership being fixed

Hey Kryton – did you see that? A new joke!

sadly its anything but. they’re beautiful cars, just shite to own

fasthaggis

Suggsey
    Free Member

Rossi red and roof rails, you’ll only have it 6 months before you want a different one.

Kryton57

Lol @ fasthaggis.

Well, I’ve bought it. I negotiated some money off, a years MOT and a set of new boots (tyres) all round and 1/2 a tank of diesel.

Here it is:

Let the flaming / jokes commence. I no longer care… 😀

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Very nice! Thule aero bars then?

mega
    Free Member

looks very nice – congrats!
    Should have bargained a free AA membership too 😀

How is it for bike transporting? Can you get a bike in the back with back seats down and with both wheels on?

Kryton57

A bike would go in the back wheels on but the boot shape won’t allow it, so it’s front wheel off.

Swedish Chef – I already have the roof rail tyre rack with bike carriers for the family car to that’ll transfer straight over, saving me the cost of more bars.

It’s a very clean car, previously owned by an Alfa enthusiastic so the weak points are addressed -such as the front sub frame being repainted all the electrics working, waterpump and cam belt recently done, wishbones sorted 7000 miles ago. It’s was lovely to drive. Feels planted. It feels a tad more vague than my prior very direct 330i but then the lump in the front is bigger – just a tiny hesitation in wheel before the car moves.

Ive got to say the drivers seat is a lovely place to be. It also has a distance rumble engine note rather than the diesel clatter (from inside).

weeksy

My mate had a lovely Alfa….

It died… painfully… .expensively…. he sent it for scrap.

Was lovely though.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Lovely car… see you in 8 years time when you sell it 🙄

Enjoy it

hot_fiat

Nice choice sir!

Suggsey
    Free Member

Lovely looking car…….its a marque I always fancied owning but was always put off by mates that had them and they were broken more than running…..I would assume if you caress it like the previous owner and not abuse it that it may last longer than Alfas of old, same as any car I suppose!
    Thinking about it I have the 1.3jtd Fiat engine in my van called 1.3cdti in Vauxhall speak….great little engine it is too!

andybrad

Fancy keeping us enlightened to a buyers guide for this car as im looking at one as a possibility next year.

Fantombiker

Get the wheels sprayed black…

Kryton57

Fancy keeping us enlightened to a buyers guide for this car as im looking at one as a possibility next year.

Sure. I’ll add what I learned to look for and others can add;

a) Front sub frame – only lightly painted in the factory and subject to rust – check
    b) Incorrect steering fluid in some – was Orange should be of the Green variety
    c) Water pump and cambelt should be changed earlier than the 90k miles suggested. Enthusiast’s reckon from 40k to 60k miles so look for it in the service history.
    d) Gearbox bearing wear’s quickly, check for a rumble in 5th on the M/Way from the gearbox. If so it needs replacing
    e) Similar to all diesel engines of this age (5+ years):

-DMF can wear, check for uneven tickover or rattle from the engine on tickover, ensure all lights including DPF regen warning is out on tickover
    -Clutch wear also at 50 – 90k depending on use, check for clutch slipping

f) Italian electrics aren’t all that – check everything works
    g) Front wishbones bushes wear quickly, noted by a rattle in the front wheels over bumped and premature wear on the inside of the front tyres.

h) one thats a choice – lift the bonnet and make sure is a JTDM – manipulated by Saab – and a 16v not 8v as indicted on the rocker cover

i) Finally, check the rad hoses – their position means they chafe on the top of the rad so make sure they are in good order.

Bregante

Kryton that is a very lovely car. Good choice.

geoffj

nice that

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Straw poll (car content)’ is closed to new replies.