Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Strata iPhone 4s
  • simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Katie has been trying to use this for a while now and has never successfully logged a ride. I Tried it today and I again a complete fail – 40min journey tracked by Garmin, iPhone shows less than 8 minutes.

Surely loads of people use this – it has to work better than this.

Does it only use the gps (and not mobile masts)? Will the riders body shield it?

simon_g

Allow it long enough on the Record screen to show good GPS before you press to start and go. I always keep it in back pocket or top of Camelbak too.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Just tried again. Back pocket. Recording at start. 5 mins if 40. No movement detected.

footstomper
    Free Member

I use a iphone 4; for 12 months without any problems then for some reason it went haywire just removed the ap then reloaded been fine since.
    i would check your settings on the phone you may have to enable something (worth a try)?

timc
    Free Member

Been using a 4s for 2.5 years no problem

Software upto date??

Pridds

Sorry if you’ve done this but Settings > privacy > location Services and make sure Strava is on (Slider has gone green)
    Also make sure the app is up to date as it can be a bit funny is there have been alot of updates

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Ah. Privacy. Will check that – couldn’t find a preference pane for the app in settings but that might be it

ska-49
    Free Member

I only use my Iphone 4s for strava.
    Not had any issues in over a year and thousands of miles.
    Just logged my 4hr ride.
    Must be something wrong with the phone/settings.

radrob
    Free Member

As pridds said, also I think u have to have ur background refresh on for strava also, not 100% tho.

Pridds

Don’t think you need the background refresh if you intend to have the app up on the screen all the time but that kills the battery, so I have the background refresh on,minimise the app and lock the phone, that way the battery actually lasts for a ride.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Posting on iPhone – just noticed misplelt title.

Yep, katie brainmelt getting mobile data and location services confused (she’s been turning off both to conserve battery). Very odd that strava doesn’t flag up that location services are off.

Pridds

It can still track location a bit using wifi signals ( this maybe why you are getting some route logging) so it’s not fully off

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Strata iPhone 4s’ is closed to new replies.