Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • Straight steerers, 26" wheels… lets see your 'old fashioned' bikes then…
  • the-muffin-man

triple chainsets, sensible width bars, QR wheels, QR seatpost, 2.1″ tyres!

Mine…

the-muffin-man

…just me that’s living in the past then! 🙂

jam-bo

NormalMan

^ wow! the difference between 26ers and 29ers look SO much greater in that photo 🙂

No triple – in fact SS (pic taking when I did the conversion)or seat QR but hopefully it qualifies for this thread.

But I still ride this – now with different pedals and awaiting headset strip down / re-build.

tenfoot

Pub / family holiday bike

elliptic
    Free Member

Lovely looking ST4 there, jambo.

Nine year old Five frame with modern fork, shock and offset bushes:

brassneck

triple chainsets, sensible width bars, QR wheels, QR seatpost, 2.1″ tyres!

Mine…

If Jamie could photoshop some RC41 Fighters on the front, I don’t even need to post a pic.

tomaso
    Free Member

Straight steerer Beastie still got it

PS Due to be replaced with YT Wicked or new Canyon Strive in tapered 650b stealth dropper bolt thru rear modern thang…

NormalMan

Nice bike Tomaso.

That comment about your next bike got me thinking. I am (perhaps wrongly) reading between the lines and viewing your new choice to be the ‘modern equivalent’ of your current bike.

What would that ‘modern’ twist/take be for my humble old Fisher?

mcnultycop

[/url]New beavers by mcnultycop, on Flickr[/img]

On trend single chainring, nothing else though.

isitafox
    Free Member

Here’s my backburner project, trying not to go off the rails like I usually do with builds and get it all in one go. Still to get is narrow wide sprocket, XT block with 40t big ring, BETD shock linkage (to bump the rear upto 110mm) XT 4 pots and I’ve got a set of Hope Hoops waiting to go on.

woody2000

All my bikes are obsolete!

2007 Helius FR:

456 Evo

munrobiker
    Free Member

This is mine. To stand in for the tapered steerer, stupid BB, daft axle size (but normal wheeled) plastic thing which broke (and has since been fixed).

loxy
    Free Member

A bad pic of my San Andreas’

gonzy
    Free Member

PiknMix
    Free Member

And

cfinnimore
    Free Member

My everything bike. Terrible pic.

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

Old frame, new build…

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Here’s my newly built up 456 Evo with a set of NOS Pikes from Devs of this parish.

Got some wheels off Northwind with Minion/Highroller combo to go on but want to eek a bit more life out of the tyres on it before I swap over (tight Tyke).

Colour matching is not really my thing as you can tell (and I’ve just bought some bright green shorts which seem to clash with the bike a bit).

dannyh
    Free Member

Pik n Mix.

I think you’re local to me, I ride the red painted version of that bike, I’m surprised I haven’t seen you out and about!

Euro
    Free Member

OK it has wide tyres and 1×10 (i’ve ran 1x something since i started mtbing in ’07 so i’m allowed that) but this is offset by not having one of those modern QR seat clamps. Bars are a neo-classic 720mm and front wheel/forks are 20mm but date from ’07 also. My stem looks a bit short (only 70mm) compared to some up there 😯

PiknMix
    Free Member

Pik n Mix.
    I think you’re local to me, I ride the red painted version of that bike, I’m surprised I haven’t seen you out and about!

Yeah I think I’m fairly local to you and given the less than abundant riding we are blessed with I’m also surprised. I do ride at some proper random times though (was over braggy at 4am the other morning for example) got any pics of yours? I’ve only seen the raw built up (and now dangerousbeans ltd edition yellow up there ^)

chip
    Free Member

Here’s mine,

Proper bike from halfords,
    Proper man sized stem too.

mbqwerty
    Free Member

Following on from another Voodoo, my SS (and currently only!) steed. Taken at Coed-y-Brenin. One of the most fun bikes (if a bit gnarly on the climbs) I’ve ever ridden

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/eZuhDG]July mountain biking in the UK. #mud #wet[/url] by NeilCain, on Flickr

Think this one ticks all the boxes…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/m1np5R]Untitled[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

And this one meets the criteria in the title…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/moMmNf]Enduro.2[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

kiwijohn

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

straight steerered, 27.2 post, 26″ wheeled archaic designed recycled filing cabinet, in India for my 40th

binners

Grizedale in the rain, last week. Outdated in every department. But then so am I. 😀

taffy
    Free Member

Current do it all bike.

oliverracing

Straight steerer, QR wheels, wide bars(640mm) with bar ends, but sadly no triple or qr seat-clamp as I just leave the saddle high all the time.

Northwind

[url=https://flic.kr/p/e5RxhS]IMAG0293[/url] by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

TBH the straight steerer is annoying on this thing, I’d change it if I could.

nedrapier

Bars might be a bit wide. tyres are bigger than 2.1. The chainset started out as a triple. Points back for hex key seatpost collar, not even qr? 🙂

therevokid
    Free Member

well only 1 chainring but …. 🙂

cakefacesmallblock

Love the bike stand, Nedrapier !

joolsburger
    Free Member

Completely obsolete just like my riding.

yunki
    Free Member

2×9 is now 1×9 but that’s all pretty old fashioned now too I guess..

mindmap3
    Free Member

OK it has wide tyres and 1×10 (i’ve ran 1x something since i started mtbing in ’07 so i’m allowed that) but this is offset by not having one of those modern QR seat clamps. Bars are a neo-classic 720mm and front wheel/forks are 20mm but date from ’07 also. My stem looks a bit short (only 70mm) compared to some up there

Those forks are older than 2007…the first 36’s introduced in 2005 were poo brown. As far as I can remember, the colour was dropped by 2006. I still have a pair in the garage that I need to sell but can’t quite bring myself to do it.

Here’s my semi-obsolete bike (points deducted for wide bars, chunky tyres and a 1×10 drive train, but I’ve done the one up thing for a while now).

It has straight 1 1/8th steerer, 20mm front axle, 135mm QR rear axle, standard BB, is steel and has a 27.2mm post.

The picture is slightly old because the X0 mech has been swapped for a Zee.

zippykona

beefheart
    Free Member

I’m trying to buy my old fashioned bike frame back from who I sold it to 2 years ago- but he wants 3x what I sold it to him for 2 years ago! 🙁

Makes me want to just say bollocks to it and buy a new frame!
    I’m still kind of tempted though, but I know the guys a greedy bastard.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Straight steerers, 26" wheels… lets see your 'old fashioned' bikes then…’ is closed to new replies.