Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Storz couplings
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Anyone know owt about them?

Wood pellet delivery man says his hose is “Storz 110 (A)”.
    Which Im guessing is something like this:

http://www.esska-tech.co.uk/esska_eng_s/a_couplings.html

But what would be the corresponding part Id need to set into my tank wall to fit the hose to? Because I dont think it’s any of these:
    http://www.esska-tech.co.uk/esska_eng_s/a_couplings.html

Im thinking some kind of two part tank connector with a “male” 110 (A) Storz fitting on the outside?

Stoner
    Free Member

cheers MrO, but which one of those can be set in a tank wall (say 20mm plywood) and then have that hose fitting connect to it?

MrOvershoot

I would say one of THESE through the wall with a BSP locknut/socket on the inside of the tank. Probably best to put a seal against the back shoulder of the Storz coupling where it compresses against the tank wall.

Stoner
    Free Member

brilliant. cheers. any idea what the thread dia is?

MrOvershoot

Sorry had to go off and do a bit of work!!

It should be 4″ BSP assuming the KA Lug distance is 133mm which according to me is a Storz SM11 and his delivery hose end should be an ST18 or possibly a ST19 if its a DIN unit but both have a KA Lug of 133mm.

Bear
    Free Member

see if you use a quality pellet boiler supplier they come as part of the install kit……..

Stoner
    Free Member

that’s a great help MrO. Thanks again.
    I can now have a go at ordering the parts I need.

haha, bear 😉
    This is to augment my hopper system

Id hate to think how much youd charge for a stand alone store….

MrOvershoot

No problem at all Stoner, funnily enough I just had a tanker driver in the workshop with a Storz to Unicone fitting that he had dropped and broken a lug off.
    He wanted to know if it would be OK to use!!!
    I asked him if he would drive his car with one of the wheels missing? He did grin & say “fair point”

Stoner
    Free Member

I can imagine a broken lug on a fluid transfer system might go a bit “bukkake” 😉

Bear
    Free Member

Nope this is for stores built by the carpenters on site, but W/H provided all the fittings which was a real bonus because we though it was something that we would have to be supplying and like you were hunting round.

Just impressed by them as everything was there and very professional. You get what you pay for in a positive way. I do need to look at other manufacturers and systems (hence interested to look at yours sometime) but they really are a good replacement for oil or gas boilers because of the controls, modulation and automation.

Most of my potential customers want to flick a switch and be warm / have hot water so for me they provide a good solution.

Stoner
    Free Member

I assume that’s when you have a direct transport from a bulk store to the W/H? As youve seen in mine, I have the hoper and the feed auger as you would expect, but Im building a secondary bulk store. The fittings are for receving pellets only. To get them to my hopper Im going to make a lift hatch and fill a 40litre bucket on wheels to move the pellets in 150Kg batches to the week store.

do invite yourself round some time to have a poke around though.

wwaswas

Out of interest and following that fire at the pellet burning power station do you have any special ‘fire proofing’ in place for these various pellet hopppers and stores?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Storz couplings’ is closed to new replies.