Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • Storms.
  • Cougar

Oh my god.

Never seen a storm like this in my life. Lightning strike about every three seconds and rolling thunder, it’s like the 5th of November here.

What do other readers think?

Alpha1653

Where are you?

jools182
    Free Member

Where are you?

I’ve just heard the rumbling starting in the high peak

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

not too bad, ive seen WAAAAAY bigger and better in northern queensland tho.

granny_ring

Still chuffin hot darn sarf.

chambord
    Free Member

Absolutely belting down here – incredible lightning too (Manchester)

EDIT: Bit annoyed I went to all the effort of spending 10 mins watering the pots when I got home today and it wasn’t needed at all.

nealglover
    Free Member

30 degrees and clear here.

No storms forecast either 🙁

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Nothing here. Enjoy your storms. [Richard E Grant] Why do you get storms? Where’s mine? Why can’t I have storms? [/Richard E Grant]

Alpha1653

We’ve not even had sunshine today. We had sea mist then rain and cloud all day. Bloody Wales. 🙁

unovolo
    Free Member

Thunder,loads of lightning and just started raining here which is about 5miles from Glossop.

Cougar

And then the rain came. There’s a bloke out back building a big wooden boat and gathering up animals two by two.

munkyboy
    Free Member

Somebody is getting it. Watch here

http://www.blitzortung.org/Webpages/mobile.php

chambord
    Free Member

It’s gone now – looked like a solitary cumulonimbus wreaking havoc on South Manchester. It’s still flashing away but over someone else’s house, and the sky is clear again here.

1-shed
    Free Member

Cougar you cad, settling down here, that was great.

fasthaggis

The cat just farted,no lightning.
    Apart from that,it’s all quiet.

loddrik
    Free Member

Liverpool. No rain. No thunder. No lightning…

nick1962
    Free Member

Swapped out my winter tyres and took off my mudguards last night,knew I was tempting fate.Thunder,lightning and now heavy rain here ,Calderdale.
    TV reception’s gone too,which on the plus side means I can’t watch England women’s world cup football 🙂

Esme
    Free Member

Bit annoyed I went to all the effort of spending 10 mins watering the pots when I got home today and it wasn’t needed at all.

Huh, that’s nothing . . . I spent 10 mins watering the pots during the torrential rain 🙄
    The rain just bounces off the leaves, and doesn’t get through to the compost.

chambord
    Free Member

Liverpool. No rain. No thunder. No lightning…

you do have the beatles though, chin up

scuttler

About 8 miles from Glossop over’t tops in Yorkshire and not a peep here.

EDIT – sky in the west is on fire! As good as the storms I’ve seen in NSW.

shermer75
    Free Member

Where is this storm happening?

Northwind

It’s because I took tomorrow off work to go riding, god’s wrath is incoming. Luckily, he is a terrible shot

nickc

lightening lighting up the whole valley here in Heptonstall. Big fat drops of rain.

northernmatt

If it follows that same course it’ll hit here in about an hour and a half which will be annoying as I’ll be asleep.

bearnecessities

Sat outside in Leeds. No thunder but the lightening is incredible; I’ve never seen anything like it!

Feel a little shortchanged with the lack of audio, but the view is amazing. Coupled with the fact it’s uncomfortably warm indoors, I wonder if I’ll fall asle………

seosamh77
    Free Member

This is why the invented camera phones.

Love a good thunderstorm, one of the best ones I’ve seen was one night we were play 7s, 14 of us running about like lightening rods while all hell broke loose around us, the rain that followed was marvellous, buckets of it, really warm and refreshing. Best game of fitba I’ve ever been involved in! 😀 No idea who won!

Clamy as hell here tonight though..could do with a thunder storm to clear the clamminess.

flibrose
    Free Member

Still taken from slo mo video on iphone 6. Storm over Leigh. Best in years

seosamh77
    Free Member

cool.

jeffl

North West of Chesterfield is a massive black cloud full of lightning. Looks like something out of event horizon. Is awesome in the true sense of the word.

langylad
    Free Member

Jeez, never seen or heard anything like that. Would have posted earlier but the internet went off. I’m in Clitheroe and it rolled right over us, a good 45 mins of constant sheet and fork lightning.

ratherbeintobago

Passed over us a while ago (Rochdale) but it’s still really close and sticky.

scuttler

I went out for a better look from the top of the hill in Holmfirth :-). Over Yorkshire (estimating North of Halifax currently as of 2330) it’s just one big nasty bastard flashbulb cloud that is going off around once a second. I saw no visible ground strikes but constant forks pinging around inside the cloud. Definitely a sight I’ve never seen on these shores and absolutely nothing to hear. Proper epic.

langylad
    Free Member

Scuttler, you may have had a better allround view of it, we got the full audio as it was pretty near, awesome in the true sense

Scapegoat

Absolutley incredible, I’ve never seen anything like it. One patch of highish cloud with flickering lightening, literally every few seconds, and very little by way of audible thunder. It tracked from the South of here, and as we’re at 1300 feet we could see it over Derbyshire, it tracked right over the house and then North towards Halifax/Brighouse. I took the dog up onto the tops to see as much as I could, and the horizon is still flickering. Not a drop of rain.

My lad and I both have phone footage, but I can’t find a micro SD card to download it.

andy8442
    Free Member

Wow! North west of Leeds, beyond Otley I’d say. Best lightning show I’ve seen in this country bar none. Not a sound though, and all the fork lightning is in the sky. Very spooky.

JoeG
    Free Member

What bike for… 😉

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Stuck in the hole that is Bradford – seen nothing.

Sort ya vids/pix out please 🙂

Northwind

Good over edinburgh and the pentlands just then, quietened down now. can’t remember the last time i saw a storm like that in the uk

JoeG
    Free Member

Sort ya vids/pix out please

It was a Klein with Nightstorm paint…dunno why the previous one isn’t visible. 😳

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Storms.’ is closed to new replies.