Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Stolen – Leeds
  • willjones
    Free Member

Taken from Roundhay area between lunchtime and midnight today (22/8). Really upset about the Swift, which has been a labour of love. Slightly less upset about the Specialized… think there’s some insurance in place, but possibly not to the full new replacement value of each (will find out more tomorrow)….

Singular Swift

Large, ‘old’ swift. Blue. Silver Hope pro 2 (single speed rear) on arch ex 29. Formula R1 racing brakes. Middleburg RS8 cranks, black. Uno 32t ring. ODI/Vans waffle grips. Ritchey classic seat post, stem and ritchey wcs bars (black). Conti x king front (2.4) and rear (2.2). Chinese carbon fork. DMR V12 pedals in silver.

Specialized Camber Expert (2012).

Original spec, but with deore brakes, easton haven bars and stem. Reverb and brand new high rollers front and rear. Freewheel on the way out, so can only hope someone’s testicles have been smashed to pieces on the stem. Green plastic pedals.

willjones
    Free Member

For some reason I can’t get pics to work. Links here:

Swift
    More swift
    Specialized

blader1611
    Free Member

I will keep an eye out in ls17 and surrounding areas. Do you think you were targeted or just opportunistic? I had my bikes stolen and they took nothing else so i thought i had been watched but found out neighbours all had attempted break ins as well so they were just sweeping the area which in a weird way was more comforting than thinking someone has followed you.
    Have you checked local hospital for scrotes with nether region injuries?

firestarter
    Free Member

Will keep my eyes open as I cover that area at work

Potdog
    Free Member

Will keep an eye out around Meanwood.

bearnecessities

There you go fella. Will keep an eye open.

willjones
    Free Member

Thanks everyone. My instinct is that this was targeted. The shed is very well hidden at the bottom of the garden, which in itself is hard to access, and there’s no way of seeing what’s inside. None of the garden tools/power tools were taken. Insurance looking a bit more hopeful, but probably won’t get full replacement value for the swift. Current state on the Kubler-Ross Grief Cycle = Frustration. Then no doubt depression will kick in when I get a full response from the insurers.

binno
    Free Member

Is it worth dropping a print out down at the local bike shops?

Will keep an eye out

snotrag

I used to work at EBC in Leeds, definitely let them know. We reunited a few owners with bikes and a few perps with the police when I was there.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Stolen – Leeds’ is closed to new replies.