Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 188 total)
  • STOLEN LAST NIGHT – Hinckley – JONES, COTIC, SPECIALIZED
  • JohnClimber
    Free Member

Sorry just re read the first post and noticed the above on Phils 2nd post 😳

At least it bumped it up again.

Looks like I'll have to ride with the fat wheel on mine more often so people don't look and point.

Actually they stop and point anyway.

takisawa2

What about offering £100 no questions asked if its returned….in the local press I mean. I know it goes against the grain etc, but come on, if some local toe-rag has it, & see's how difficult its going to be to off-load it, it might just tempt him/her.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

I'm not a toe rag but for a git like that to come out of hiding you would need more on offer to tempt him out.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Offer a grand no questions asked. When the scum turns up beat them up but make ure no questions asked. Ok, coat, door, lock it from outside….

Chainline
    Free Member

Found out they also took our lights so if any dodgy sounding ads crop up ask suitable questions…

Exposure Joystick, boxed, with lanyard attachment but not the lanyard, I still have that and NO helmet mounts, I still have that too!

Exposure MAxx-D – again no mounts in the box, I have it but everything else there.

Lupine Betty 12 with charger One and bottle battery, the remote switch has a syntace bar mount on it, car charger inside still in it's plastic bag, all in it's padded case.

I did not keep the serials for the Exposures (doh)

Think I will try a local ad.

Lisa
    Free Member

I think its worth putting a ad in the Leicester Mercury or putting up signs around Hinckley with pic etc and saying reward offered and in all local bike shops,post offices etc.

If you print some ads out i can put them up in shops around Leicester for you.

Which station did the cops come from?

CountZero

The fact they took such distinctive bikes, plus lights, and the little one's bike, makes this look more and more like a stolen to order rather than pikey thieving. If it had just been nicking for a bit of cash then I feel sure they'd have taken the easy option. They were obviously clued-up as well as tooled-up, so it's possible they'll turn up, perhaps out of the region. I really feel your anger over this: I'd be incandescent about it, the desire to do real, physical harm to the scumbag perps would be overwhelming. I really hope you get them back. Bastards!

Chainline
    Free Member

A Jones stolen to order, would suggest either a very keen collector who won't ever use it, someone who never rides where mountain bikes that don;t use the internet go, or someone who is deluded as to how obvious it is on the trail and how much attention it gets. I only had it a few weeks and got out maybe 6 or 7 times and I wondered whether I should prepare handouts!

Atomizer

Just caught up with this – awful news as I've followed your build on Jeff's blog.

Will keep an eye out down South but like you say, every time I ride mine I get attention both positive and negative – from "beautiful" to "where's your shopping basket"! Will be impossible for thief/buyer to keep this under wraps. Never seen another on the trails.

Chainline
    Free Member

I have a friend who works for Mclaren racing. He offered to make me a carbon fibre shopping basket 😆

I asked if it was Mclarens own design or had the drawings come from Ferrari 😆

Sent a story to the local paper now and a friend has circulated to all the nearby police forces.

Chainline
    Free Member

No news is not good news 🙁

Gone to ground or to skip, my auto searches on Ebay keep coming up with nail kits!

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Why not ask your local free papers if you can "advertise"(for free) that you are starting up a lottery funded weird and wonderful, new and old bicycle museum and that you will pay top prices for "anything" that will suit.

You'll get a lot of things offered but your's just might turn up.

If it does they get the news scoop.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Having a quck search for you to no avail but I did see an advert that you can take out for free.

Why not do something like this?
    http://manchester.gumtree.com/manchester/03/46421503.html

Chainline
    Free Member

Thanks John, I'll try that too.

Looks like a friend may have managed to get the Leicester Police to do a press release, here's hoping.

Chainline
    Free Member

No news??…kinda apologies for the bump

sadexpunk

dont apologise mate. keep bumping it. im interested to see how it ends.

good luck

ilikebikes
    Free Member

I haven't seen it yet.

Chainline
    Free Member

b'stards they are.. :evil:..thanks for all the support on here

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Don't feel guilty about bumping this every few days.

clubber
    Free Member

100!

Hairychested
    Free Member

I've just tried to imagine what would happen to the person found riding it at Swinley during the meet. Brutal images spring to mind. Good luck finding it (can you email me some pics so I can give them to mates in Dublin and Maynooth next week?).

fontmoss
    Free Member

i think stolen to order sounds relatively logical, ok theyre very attention drawing but even if a rider in europe had one then it would be unlikely to be linked back to here? and for the prices that might change hands then further afield may be a possibility? sorry i hope im wrong 🙁

Andy

LOL @ Hairychested jumping on Martinh if he comes on the Swinley ride on his Jones….. 😆

EDIT; Glad to see this is being bumped to the top regularly

Hairychested
    Free Member

I'll be too scared and cream crackered, but just imagine – meet, meat, forks 😈

martinh
    Free Member

I was just having that vision too. Think I'll bring the Banshee instead

Chainline
    Free Member

Hairychested, I have sent you some pics and a description, much appreciated.

Chainline
    Free Member

Got an article with pictures in the local papers today, hopefully that might help. Any mileage in emailing the magazines with some pictures?

Insurers loss adjuster trying to settle on value not replacement and trying to claim the haul was a collection and thus collectively subject to the un named max value 👿 Jones not affected but the others. Do they think I was born yesterday, I have politely told them, no try again.

Cheers all.

Chainline
    Free Member

ar eyou out there oh beloved Jones :cry:??

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Have you put up any local wanted adverts?

Or like missing cat posters, with no questions ask rewards

Frisky
    Free Member

This may take months even years but I'm pretty sure that Jones is going to show its face to the world again at some point. Hope you have a happy outcome down the line.

One thing I never liked in the past is that when I used different bike shops and whenever I bought something they'd want my details on their system. Mostly this was when I was ordering stuff. Now I trust all these shops but then sometimes you never know where those details could go and if they have a dodgy Saturday worker there who's seen your fancy expensive bike and can provide those details to someone for cash. Just a thought.

njee20
    Free Member

Seeing as bikes tend to come out into the open that's hardly a likely scenario, maybe hi-fi equipment or whatever, but that would be an unnecessary amount of effort for bikes!

Suggest that a shop having your details means it's more likely to find its way back to you rather than being why it goes missing in the first place!

Hope it does turn up, you have to wonder how long someone can sit on something so rare.

fontmoss
    Free Member

as a former bike shop worker id like to think anyone who puts themselves through working in a bike shop would not stoop to such low levels, particularly as they would understand how gutting it is to lose a bike

spooky_b329

Insurers loss adjuster trying to settle on value not replacement and trying to claim the haul was a collection and thus collectively subject to the un named max value Jones not affected but the others. Do they think I was born yesterday, I have politely told them, no try again.

I imagine this is M&S or Greenbee? I'd be very interested to hear the outcome on the collection thing…I've always taken the view that a collection is a group of items that are worth more as a group than they would be individually. Otherwise you could say your three TV's are a collection and over the £4k limit, or your laptop and computer are a collection, etc etc.

Good luck with the stuff turning up anyway.

oink1
    Free Member

Gutted for you fella, hope you see them again

Paul

Chainline
    Free Member

yay, insurer has agreed the proper values. Still want my bike back though, anyone seen it?

fontmoss
    Free Member

thats good tho? another jones could be bought (gutting i know but could be far far worse)

Chainline
    Free Member

Jeff is holding the last 23" Merlin Jones for me, not sure yet where he will be able to get any more made other than custom "the one" bikes.

I can't see how I would improve or change anything on the spaceframe so there is little point in me getting a custom. All it would do for me is add to the wait!!

What measures to take against theft this time!! Door alarm, PIR, Locks, CCTV…park the car against the door, don't carry the bikes on top of the car… 👿 makes me mad again thinking about it.

ajantom

Keep in your bedroom, with a chain attached between bike and ankle. Only way to be 100% sure.

I actually did this (minus the chain) when living in halls at Uni, no way was I parking my Explosif in the communal bike shed!

That's cool that JJ has a frame for you. Still doesn't make it better though. I still hurt after the above Explosif Pro got nicked, and that was over 10 years ago 😥

dwhite468
    Free Member

I bet the person who nicked it had a white stick!!

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Chainline – Member
    Jeff is holding the last 23" Merlin Jones for me

Great news Phil

Chainline – Member
    What measures to take against theft this time!! Door alarm, PIR, Locks, CCTV…park the car against the door, don't carry the bikes on top of the car… makes me mad again thinking about it.

Keep the bike in the house, or at least the frame. The shits will know your insurance will pay up and they WILL be back in a couple of months

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 188 total)

The topic ‘STOLEN LAST NIGHT – Hinckley – JONES, COTIC, SPECIALIZED’ is closed to new replies.