Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Stolen from Wiltshire: Marin Lucas Valley commuter
  • RichPenny
    Free Member

My Marin Lucas Valley commuter has been liberated this morning. Spec as follows:

17″ Frame in white, think it was 2008 model?

Black Halo Aerorace SS wheelset

White Gusset Grips

CTBM “This Machine Kills Fascists” Sticker.

I am possibly most upset about the sticker, so if it turns up on ebay can someone give me a shout.

Current pic:

Good Times:

Farewell old friend, I hope your new owner treats you better than I did!

outspoken
    Free Member

Where in Wiltshire are you fella? I’ll keep an eye on anything recovered

RichPenny
    Free Member

Just outside Salisbury. I’ll be looking on the bay, but not really holding out much hope. Cheers for keeping an eye out.

Anna-B
    Free Member

Noooooooo Rich!! I guess it was in downstairs cupboard? Didn’t take the 5? Police involved? Sad news, the stuff of my bad dreams. Sorry it happened to you. Though maybe as you say……it was a mercy theft, someone noticed the chain needed oiling 😉 x

Anna-B
    Free Member

i love that second pic. I love that by- way. Hi Rich!

danielgroves
    Free Member

Oh man, I really feel for you mate, having had one nicked this week myself. I’ll get those I know in the area on the look-out.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Am down that way this weekend, for what little it’s worth, I’ll keep an eye out. Worth sharing a picture with the folks on Fisherton Street, perhaps?

RichPenny
    Free Member

Aye, probably will do that Cap’n.

Cheers Anna, I am coming to believe that the bike may have escaped entirely of it’s own accord 😉

Anna-B
    Free Member

Someone reported you to the RSPB? 😉

FieldMarshall

Where just outside Salisbury?

I also live just outside Salisbury and drive though it twice a day so will keep my eye out.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Recovered this morning 🙂 Popped up on ebay last Sunday, had to win auction to get details then Police collected it this morning. And it’s been cleaned 🙂 But my CTBM sticker is missing 👿 Bloke claimed to have bought it from a Facebook selling page.

Cheers to the chap from here who emailed me to say he’d seen it. Even though I’d already spotted it it’s nice to know that people take the time to help strangers when they can.

Returning that Karma, the bike was recovered with a set of red Miche wheels, listed as 107s on the ad. These are in the possession of Wiltshire Police. He also had a finished auction for a pair of blue Pearl Izumi race shoes in November. Give me a shout if you think you might recognise either item.

allthepies
    Free Member

Nice one! Did you actually have to pay for it also or just win the auction ?

RichPenny
    Free Member

Cash on collection 😉 Granted, I didn’t actually ask the Police if they handed over £300 to the guy, but I suspect not.

allthepies
    Free Member

😆

cinnamon_girl

That’s really good news Rich, you must be over the moon. 😀

Goes to show that it’s worth posting on here so thanks to the public-spirited Forum user. 8)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Stolen from Wiltshire: Marin Lucas Valley commuter’ is closed to new replies.