Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Stolen FAT BIKE
  • fatcycling
    Free Member

My fat bike (Surly Pugsley) got stolen in Glasgow. If you see anyone on a bike with big tires, or an ad on gumtree, eBay etc (apparently stolen bikes frequently get shipped&sold further south)… please report to the police. I cycled 18000k across South America on it (fatcycling.WordPress.com), now someone took my best companion from me. Please share. Thanks!!

– medium frame
    – very wide tires
    – blue (although they may change its colour…)
    – brand Surly
    – green ergon grips

highlandman
    Free Member

Rubbish news mate, very sorry to hear that. Hope it shows up.

SaxonRider

I’m sorry for you. I lost 4 of my bikes before Christmas, and know how personal they are.

I doubt I can do anything from Cardiff, but know that you have a sympathiser down here.

NormalMan

Really sorry for you. I’d be gutted to lose my Pug and that hasn’t had the adventure like yours.

Hope it gets returned to you!

fatbikeandcoffee
    Free Member

Really sorry to read of your loss and will keep eyes open from down south on ebay when I wander in periodically. Can you post a pic?

James

Davesport

Eyes peeled in East Lothian.

dovebiker

Worth letting the local bike shops know – often it’s opportunist kids who then sell-on and unwitting buyer wanders into a shop when they need a repair / new part.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Worth letting the local bike shops know – often it’s opportunist kids who then sell-on and unwitting buyer wanders into a shop when they need a repair / new part.

Yep, good advice.

Back when I used to run bike shops, if a bike came in that we knew was stolen (Customer’s bike, for example), we’d swiftly ‘take it out the back to sort it out for you’ and call the rightful owner and/or the police. The latter were good customers and would come running. Caught several!

Good luck!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Stolen FAT BIKE’ is closed to new replies.