Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • STOLEN BIKES: Reddish/Stockport/Manchester
  • peachos
    Free Member

Posting this on behalf of my mate who was done over yesterday & had 4 of his bikes stolen. A few fairly distinctive bikes/parts so if you happen across anything please either get in touch with Brian (email on attached file) or me – email in profile.

Most distinctive is his 9zero7 fatty with alfine 11 on the rear. Other distinctive parts include the 2007 Z1 Bombers in bomber orange, a couple of Chumba full suspension bikes, his Mrs’ Scott Genius LT30, & a couple of sets of white Halo Freedom wheels.

If you see anything suspect, please get in touch.

Also been a couple more thefts in the area including a Canyon Nerve XC7 so looks like these scumbags are on a spree at the moment.

LINK TO FULL DESCRIPTION OF BIKES

Keep em safe folks!

monksie
    Free Member

I work in Reddish at least twice a week and I have the pleasure of dealing with the less than salubrious members of the Gorton and Reddish communities.
    I’ll keep them in mind.

peachos
    Free Member

Cheers mate!

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

peeled.

lipseal
    Free Member

I’ve posted this on here for you. http://s436462119.websitehome.co.uk/index.php?topic=453.0

peachos
    Free Member

thanks lipseal – appreciated!

T1000
    Free Member

I’d suggest starting another post but include the full spec there as lots of folks won’t follow the link

edward2000
    Free Member

How were the bikes pinched? I.e. in a shed locked up/left unattended in your garden for example? I hope your insured. Its happened to me twice when they were chained to the ground in the shed I have. I keep them in the house now.

Be aware of them coming back for a second attempt when they think the insurance may have paid out and you have shiny new bikes.

Sorry for your loss, its sickening.

yoeddy79
    Free Member

I don’t suppose you can stick up all the pictures. I’ll be working in the Stockport area tomorrow and will keep an eye out when I’m out in reddish and brinnington area.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

I’m local so will keep an eye out for them. Hope they’re found and the scum bags caught

I’ve tweeted GMP Stockport with a copy of the link to the this thread too so they can RT.

rhbrhb
    Free Member

Seen another report that these bikes were inside house is that true? you say owner was “done over” for them I.e. mugged?

Will keep eye out too.

peachos
    Free Member

sorry, ‘done over’ as in their house was done over. all bikes resided in his kitchen. out of the house for only a few hours so suspect they were being watched…

riggsy
    Free Member

will keep an eye out, there really us some utter scum out there

willber
    Free Member

Almost certain this will be Mr Souter again – he’s bang at it around Stockport.

peachos
    Free Member

willber – any info on this?? can email if you want (in profile…)

monksie
    Free Member

He’s joking Peachos. He’s referring to a lovely chap who lives up the road and frequents this forum.
    Your mate will know but keeping a look out around the Vale, Debdale, 3 Sisters and the back of Essex Rd could be well worth it.

peachos
    Free Member

Ah ok cheers.

Duggan

I live in South Manchester and it’s really depressing how often this seems to be happening 😥

Hope you have some luck, there’s quite obviously several really well organised gangs who are hot on this stuff and making a killing, it makes you sick.

binners

Keep your eye on ebay. A mate got his bikes stolen from the house (also in south Manchester) in very similar circumstances. They popped up on ebay a week or two later in Warrington. He got the police involved and got one of them back

MartynS

Willber,

I guess I must know you, but I have no idea who you are…sorry.
    You loose a lot of subtlety on the internet…

If any info comes back about this from the police I’d be interested. I suspect there is a very well organised gang in the area. Would be good to stop them.

ryderredman
    Free Member

Shall post on the Farmer Johns Facebook page incase anyone round marple end gets offered them

yfronts_brian
    Free Member

I was the one robbed. Ive had my back door kicked down and my 4 bikes nicked (1 was the missus). Three of them are pretty rare

Chumba Evo
    Chumba VF2
    9zero7 fatbike
    Scott Genius LT30

Please can you put this link on your facebook page and spread the word. Ask your mates to share the link so everybody knows. I made a mistake and the insurance was never redone so basically unless I can get them back there will be no riding for me and the missus!

http://files.meetup.com/633291/1000%20Reward.pdf

More bike details are at this link
    http://files.meetup.com/633291/Stolen%20Bikes%20Manchester%20police%20case%202068-29-12-12.pdf

Cheers if you can help

Cookie

willber
    Free Member

There is very well known crettin who’s from Brinny called Aaron Souter – he is almost certainly responsible for most of the high end bike thefts in and around the Stockport area. A mate’s been hit twice by him – he’s quite open about what he does, but is also open about the fact that he isn’t going to stop becuase he’s making too much money out of it.

mossj88
    Free Member

Hi came here from GMP’s twitter account.

Check out stolen-bikes.co.uk to put the information all in a gallery. I’ve shared this link for now but if you post the reports on that website I can post the links on facebook/twitter with pictures and details.

Might also be worth setting up alerts on findthatbike.co.uk it will search eBay, Gumtree and PreLoved for you and email you with any results.

I’d also look at any local car boots and pawn shops, to make sure it’s not sold offline. If you make up a flyer to hand out it makes it much easier to ensure your contacted if any of the bikes are spotted.

Thanks,
    John

peachos
    Free Member

thanks John, will get brian to upload all his details to the website.

monksie
    Free Member

My apologies for confusing Willber’s not nice Mr Souter with STW’s very nice Mr Souter.

rhbrhb
    Free Member

why the **** aren’t the cops onto that guy if it’s open knowledge?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Jimmy Savile’s antics were common knowledge; that didn’t seem to help.

willber
    Free Member

?

bellys
    Free Member

Garth Goldrick (was garth edwards before his name change) Also a local scrot that the police know is stealing bikes in reddish and gorton and also robbing houses sheds and old people.
    http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=1356588659
    Can also be found on Facebook and twitter.

bellys
    Free Member

Willber….I’m also in reddish and when we got done they took over an hr to get in to a very secure shed…might be the same guy..? We’re you from local ? I was told mine was sold for £300 the same day

/monksie as for the house on Essex Rd do you have a number, reason I ask is a some body I know lives round the corner and she told me that there is a white van that turns up to one of the houses and there shifting loads of bikes in and out of the van but she is not sure of the house number all she knows is it two sisters poss 3 of them living in the house.

matt1986
    Free Member

I’m in Denton so will keep an eye out and maybe out riding reddish vale and werneth for a quick spin so will take special attention when I’m near brinny. Sorry for your loss there scum mine got stolen from market street in manchester in the middle of the day and the police couldn’t get anything off all there CCTV in the centre and there was only a 20 min timeframe when they could of nicked it. They said there is a massive problem on manchester this was nearly 2 years ago but I imagine its still the same today

Have a word with Rick at NWMTB as (I think) when his bikes were stolen earlier this year the police actually recovered them and uncovered other stolen bikes too. May be a link.

therealhoops
    Free Member

Eyes peeled in Alderley Edgeley.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘STOLEN BIKES: Reddish/Stockport/Manchester’ is closed to new replies.