Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Steve Worland's memorial bench and fund raiser.
  • tang
    Free Member

Check it all out here
    The bench sounds great and so does this:
    Steve Worland ride singletrack hard & drink a swig of cider per lap memorial cup 2014 at Bike Fest.

shaggy

Thanks for posting this Tang. As part of the Bristol Bikefest there is going to be a memorial race. With an emphasis on having fun and drinking cider. We are also sorting out a charity auction. Quite a few bikes have already been donated as well as a bunch of other cool stuff. The idea is to have the big stuff at the Bikefest but bidding via eBay. All proceeds to the above causes.

Race details here.

Auction details will follow.

Drac

Ah! I’ve a works do sorted on the 7th. I’ll raise a glass in his honour.

jamj1974

Well worth a couple of quid! One of the best sources of information and inspiration to just get out and ride!

shaggy

I got a bit more information about the auction
    “Charity Auction:
    Besides the proceeds of the ‘Steve Worland ride single track hard & drink a swig of cider per lap memorial cup’ going towards buying defibrillators for Ashton Court as well as to the Psoriasis Association Charity we have been rather busy on the auction side of things.

The Ebay auction has already generated more than £3000 and we are very grateful for the donation from Halfords, On-One, Marin and KTM. We have currently the following items up for auction:

Kenesis FF29 frame
    Fox 36 Float Kashima forks
    Merida Big Nine Carbon team frame
    Nukeproof Mega frame
    Polaris Bike Bag
    Surly Krampus frame
    Orange RX9 bike
    Have a look here.

But besides the Ebay activities we will have an exciting live auction on Saturday (7th June in the main marquee at the Bikefest) night with amazing products from Camelbak, Mavic, Sram, Rockshox, Decade Europe, Halo, Surly, Lezyne, Bike Park Wales, Ritchey and even signed One Industries shirts from the Athertons…so make sure you bring your auction paddle and your pocket money…and get yourself some great gear for a good cause!

Items will be on display from Friday onwards and there will be a ‘buy now’ price if you can’t or don’t want to wait till the auction.”

I’m serving cider so hopefully I’ll see some of you there.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Steve Worland's memorial bench and fund raiser.’ is closed to new replies.