Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Sports car hire
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Anyone got any tips for hiring a two seater for a weekend or even a day? Don’t really care what it is, just want two seats.

Short notice too, this weekend if possible. Europcar has a Boxster for about £260 for Sat and Sun. That sound ok?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Check every inch of the car for defects and ensure they are logged.

I don’t think Europcar will be as bad as the independent dealers but I have heard story after story about people being shafted on return claiming they have made a minuscule mark on it of some description.

I’d go for a supercharged Exige personally – go-kart handling and easy to get to terms with quickly.

molgrips
    Free Member

We won’t be needing any kind of performance. We’ve got my parents down for the weekend, so I want to do as many adults-only things as we can. I thought a two seater car might highlight the fact that the kids aren’t with us 🙂

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Shame my mates just given up his Westfield hire business would of been ideal, he is selling it though!

maccruiskeen

Adults only you say? Hire a wee van – 1/10th the cost, two seats and room for a mattress in the back 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

😈

coffeeking
    Free Member

I’ve seen ferraris (Testarossa) for hire for a day for that price, I can’t remember where, sorry!

molgrips
    Free Member

Saturday 9am – Sunday 6pm – £1,299

😯

coffeeking
    Free Member

Ask about our special winter rate on this vehicle only £295 per day.

That is a super-rare car though, so I’m thinking you could hire something like a more modern one for a lot less. And a lot less than the boxter which is not /that/ exciting.

SiB
    Free Member

Drive your normal car but take turns with the driving as partner sits in the back…..enjoy spreading out on the back seat with no car seats/sweets/crisps/toys in the way and without the passenger in the back asking “are we nearly there yet”?

molgrips
    Free Member

CK it’s exciting enough. It won’t be driven especially hard. As long as it’s quicker than our Prius it’ll be fine 🙂

SiB – I like your thinking 🙂

One day at £130 would not be too bad, but I’m a little concerned that we can’t go far cos Mrs Grips’ boobs might explode…

EDIT: plus rain is forecast on Saturday! Anyone know if Boxsters are soft-top?

SiB
    Free Member

Bear in mind that exploding boobs might result in valeting costs after car returned

alfabus
    Free Member

Anyone know if Boxsters are soft-top?

Yes, they are. If you want the hardtop version, its called a cayman (or a coxster if you watch top gear)

King-ocelot
    Free Member

When my girlfriend was considering a Cayman the Porsche dealership lent her one overnight. The nice man ever put places on intrest on the Sat Nav. Perhaps you could ‘consider’ one?

sobriety
    Free Member

Boxsters are soft-top

Just a bit, think the cayman is the hardtop version

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Perhaps you could ‘consider’ one?

Yeah.

He could pull up in his milk float and ask to test drive a Boxter…

8)

maccruiskeen

When my girlfriend was considering a Cayman the Porsche dealership lent her one overnight. The nice man ever put places on intrest on the Sat Nav. Perhaps you could ‘consider’ one?

I used to know a guy (dead now) who was sliding into a nervous breakdown. Manic, incoherent, shambolic, scruffy, near homeless, he somehow managed to undertake all his journeys in top range BMWs and Audis that dealerships had given him for a test drive. He did it so often and with such apparent ease I began to wonder why I bothered to own a car at all if I could just borrow them like library books

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

£260 for 2 days isn’t bad. When I looked at getting one for our wedding weekend its was about £500. That’s Friday to Monday inclusive.

I looked at Ferraris etc but anything remotely over £40k they put a mileage limit of 50 miles per day and then about £10 per mile! Be wary of this even in a Boxter

Contary to the above a Boxter is fun!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Yeah.
    He could pull up in his milk float and ask to test drive a Boxter…

To be fair they would probably assume he’d finally got sick of pootling around and come to his senses 🙂 Extra mileage costs could be high, you could probably hire a flat bed to take you home for less!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Ahh it’s a nissan! I had no idea. I’d been wondering what company produced that miserable ugly nastiness in the modern age.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Ahh it’s a nissan! I had no idea. I’d been wondering what company produced that miserable ugly nastiness in the modern age.

they haven’t made that car for ages, that is why all the ones you see are around H reg.

They are based on a micra – but being an auto and only 1 litre they aren’t too pokey, but quite decent.

Nicely retro inside – like the new Fiat 500.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Sports car hire’ is closed to new replies.