Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Specialized at it again.
  • LardLover
    Free Member
    nealglover
    Free Member

Messy in what way ?

They have decided to change the name, I would have thought that will be the end of it.

Specialized playing silly buggers again, but it’s just a name, and I guess they aren’t bothered enough to fight for it.

geoffj

Gopping looking bike anyway

LardLover
    Free Member

Messy for Specialized?

clubber
    Free Member

Unlikely I reckon.

Debatable as it is, there is at least a clearer potential conflict in that they’re both the same product (eg bikes/frames)

And, it’s a reasonable size company, not a small independent shop run by a war veteran plus they’ve decided not to contest it.

convert

Neil Pryde bikes is just wrong. If I’m spending toy money on Neil Pryde, it’s on windsurf sails.

clubber
    Free Member

aracer
    Free Member

By the sounds of it they’ve realised it would cost too much in lawyers fees. Should have gone to social media, as it seems that is a proven way to get Specialized to back down from their silly trademark protection stuff.

Most of the Specialized legal protection of trademarks and patents is nowhere near debatable unless you’re the USPTO or a US lawyer looking to line your own pockets. There’s a reason they don’t have these battles in Europe. In this case it’s not even the same name, just something which sounds kind of similar – likelihood of confusion zero.

Talking of social media…

Don't support bullies. Don't buy a Specialized.http://www.neilprydebikes.com/news/latest/allez-allez-nazare.html

Posted by Graham Phillips on Saturday, April 5, 2014

aracer
    Free Member

Time for a renewed boycott

Posted by Chris McSweeny on Saturday, April 5, 2014

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Cool, i’ve been looking for something to be faux outraged about 🙂

martinhutch

I’d probably marginally side with Spesh on that one. Same product, Allez, Alize…not a huge amount of difference phonetically. Neil Pryde seem to have taken a sensible decision.

likelihood of confusion zero.

Not quite, I think. Even a simple Google search for ‘Neil Pryde Allez’ comes up with a few examples of punters (and even a reviewer) getting muddled up.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Ultimately I really don’t care. If they had a bike right for me I’d buy it.

I think the Roubaix thing was a little off but another bike with a similar name, fair play to the lawyers sorting it out. They will be a 3rd party business that is told to go chase all infringements.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Specialized at it again.’ is closed to new replies.