Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • So……What's STW done for you this year?
  • lodious
    Free Member

for me, it’s…..

Fixed my boiler
    Improved my wholemeal bread
    Made me thinking about getting snow tyres
    Got me practising my guitar a bit more
    Made me feel guilty for not doing more for getting the ‘Blues for CG’ rolling (it will happen next year though :D)

How’s it been for you?

Suppose I’d also like to say thank you to all the advice/help given. I think the forum’s pretty damn cool 🙂

cinnamon_girl

It reinforces that there are an awful lot of good people out there.

I ask bimbo questions a-plenty folk take pity on me and always get good, often amusing and irrelevant, replies.

lodious – nice to see you mentioned guitar playing. 🙂 I did drop one or two gentle reminders to the STW guitarists so shall look forward to next year!

Yes, the Forum’s cool despite what a few miserable so and so’s would like to believe.

ton

made me more understanding to other people views………….. 8)

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

It keeps me amused. More STW rides next year I hope.

iainc

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire… The A-Team.

😛

DezB
    Free Member

@ton .. 😆 you’d be in a minority of one there!

For me… Got me some great music (thanks mr.t!)
    Got to meet some nice fellas (including the man of my dreams (er, literally))
    And lately…pissed me off quite a bit

BillMC

Got me cycling with a wild and wonderful mob in the Peaks
    Entertained me enormously reading about relationships and sexual mores
    Got me looking into a NAIM Uniti….blimey you could buy a bike for that much!

turin
    Free Member

kept me sane, only just mind!!
    🙂

CashCowell
    Free Member

Kept me wonderfully entertained the last few days whilst waiting for my flight back home.

sharki
    Free Member

Between here and mleh, it’s given me a lifeline to a life most grand.

So kinda saved me from hell to be quite honest.

I should say thanks, but those who made it possible know already how i feel. 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

It’s made me laugh, a lot. Which to be honest is the only reason I keep coming back. Be it people who take themselves too seriously who are good for an argument to genuinely funny guys, it’s all been a riot.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Helped me recover my mental health after my Dad’s almost fatal car crash.
    Advised on dealing with the former boss of mine.
    Got me to the gym doing deadlifts.
    Sorted my wife’s bike.

djglover
    Free Member

Nothing specific, but generally an AWESOME year on here.

_tom_
    Free Member

Wasted loads of time.

KonaTC

Has made me realise how many angry people there are in the world who need looking out for…

iDave
    Free Member

Hairychested – how is that old boss of yours?

gk74

I got two t shirts for writing an article for the website!! The website and the mag are just great, and add a real depth + some great comedy to what is probably the greatest sport/obsession in the world…..what more can you ask for except issue 62 delivered on time! I know it’s royal mails prob and not ST…..still does not help..

DT78
    Free Member

made me spend more on bikes…. met a few good chaps too inbetween injuries.

Kunstler

It did a lot. It still does – day to day. Can’t really say more than that. Thanks everyone.

yunki
    Free Member

helped smoothed the transition from uncomprimising hell-raising wildman to a more responsible and mellow lifestyle as a father.. life-partner and homebuilder..

helped me to understand that it really does take all sorts to make a world..

inspired me to get out on my bike and deeply appreciate the place I live when I might otherwise not have bothered so much..

mudmonster
    Free Member

Spent too much time on here procrastinating but at least it kept me entertained and half inspired. Got my dream bike now courtesy of stw too 🙂

Gordy
    Free Member

Looking back over my forum history, STW has kept me informed of any special offers on whisky, guided me in fitting/removing various bits of bikes, and helped arrange a useful temporary parts for biscuits exchange scheme with a local bike shop.

Not bad. Cheers, STW.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘So……What's STW done for you this year?’ is closed to new replies.