Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Southcliffe
  • andeh

Anyone else watching it? I’m not really sure what to make of it thus far. I’m watching it, but I can’t decide if I’m enjoying it or not.

househusband

Me too… but will watch the next episode.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

There is no C Sqn.

😳

wallop

Gave up at 9.45. Had no idea what was going on.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

I’m not really sure what to make of it thus far

I know I’m a lot more miserable for having watched it

rascal
    Free Member

Good enough to watch tomorrow bit was a bit random.
    The nutter’s voice is hard to make out sometimes which made me say ‘what?’ a lot.

MrNutt
    Free Member

started watching it, missis companied so had to turn it over. have recorded it.

andeh

I’ll probably watch it tomorrow, bit desolate though wasn’t it?

I was half expecting the twist to be that the young lad ended up going mad….I guess not 😐

CountZero

Started watching it, decided it wasn’t a lot of fun, turned over.

KonaTC

Watched it last night and at one point thought I had nodded off and missed a bit, but I hadn’t. After an hour I couldn’t make head nor tail of what was going on; just hope that the multitude of treads and various story line start to be clearer to-night before I lose complete interest and give up.

Clever it may be but so far watchable it isn’t

rascal
    Free Member

Directionless and random second episode.

piemonster

I quite like it.

househusband

The stark, bleak style is kinda like most of the Scandinavian stuff I’ve enjoyed over the past couple of years.

Apart from the Arne Dahl; that actually had proper humour!

piemonster

Although this women is quite annoying

boxfish
    Free Member

Tis grim, yet I’m still watching…

sadexpunk

i gave it another chance last night but given up on it now. im confused by whats present and past, the characters, just about everything. was expecting it to be a bit like broadchurch, but not a patch on it.

Mounty_73

Its a bit grim, but I quite like it and its not that hard to follow really…it just takes a bit of time to get your head around it all… 😉

wrecker
    Free Member

There is no C Sqn.

Not any more. But he didn’t sound very Rhodesian to me 😀

It was shite. 2 hours of my life I’ll never get back.

boltonjon

Yes, very unusual show – difficult to follow – but at least its beginning to come together

The story line developing between the reporter, the death of his father, his acquaintance with the gunman and the football guy will no doubt be important

Dark & slow, yes, but i’ll stick with it for another 2 hours

nosemineb
    Free Member

Reminded me of the awful Derrick Bird shootings in the lakes. Is it based on that?

wl
    Free Member

It passes the time, but it’s definitely not as good as it thinks it is.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Reminded me of the awful Derrick Bird shootings in the lakes. Is it based on that?

thought the same–seems he is takin ‘revenge’ on all those who ‘wronged’ him , plus any one else on ‘route’– in a small community he would have known most people and their relationships– as opposed to random nutters who just become nihilistic– it does require a bit of your attention, and like others , have watched half and will see it through–unlike that french zombie nonsense……

noteeth
    Free Member

I was quite interested in this, as I really ‘enjoyed’ (probably the wrong word) Red Riding – which was similarly bleak & superbly shot. But I ended up switching off during the 1st episode – there’s some great actors involved (esp Sean Harris), but too many of the details don’t ring true.

KonaTC

3 words to describe last night’s episode; Grim, Gritty and Disjointed.

So glad I stuck with it after a disappointed first episode. Whilst on times I struggled to follow what was going on as the timeline flip-flopped, it became clearer as the hour progressed, the main character ‘the commander’ who is an outsider in the village is tipped over the edge and goes on a shooting spree; I guess avenging wrongs as he sees it, what I am looking forward to the news reporter who clearly is involved with ‘the commander’ storey evolves, more dark, grim, gritty, disjointed, TV to come.

Can’t wait for next Sunday

didn’t expect to be saying that after the first episode 😯

DezB
    Free Member

I’m about 25 mins from the end of ep 1. Thought it was good. Pretty obvious what was going on too.
    But I do tend to like things that are a bit different. (Like that recent Chan4 thing about the comic (can’t remember what it was called).

noteeth
    Free Member

I’ll probably give it another go – Sean Harris does a good line in dysfunctional menace.

That said, the hospital scene really annoyed me – the RN was lifted straight out of a Daily Mail article. And for soldiers just returning from Afghanistan, they were somewhat untanned.

I might write a letter of complaint to C4.

wl
    Free Member

noteeth – exactly what I thought. Details like clothing, mannerisms, script, technology etc didn’t ring true – I was left unconvinced. The bloke whose family died in the car: his piss-up with mates (though grief induced) just seemed utterly unbelievable.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Only seen the first episode – it was pretty bleak and depressing. I’ll stick with it though because I’ve started to watch it.

noteeth
    Free Member

Details like clothing, mannerisms, script, technology etc didn’t ring true – I was left unconvinced.

Exactly – a shame, because something like this really needs to feel authentic. It’s as if they’ve blown the budget on moody landscape shots, and then skimped on the script.

agh100
    Free Member

only started watching it because it was filmed around Faversham where I live. One scene was shot at our friends front door.
    I’ve ridden around quite a lot of the marshland shown.

Getting more into it now though, thought the 2nd episode was much better than the first.

PMK2060

i lost interest halfway through yesterday. i think i would have enjoyed it more had it been on bbc but the constant adverts on C4 mean i struggle to follow the plot.

rossatease
    Free Member

Anyone going to persevere, only doing it because of the Mrs, it’s very irritating..

jon1973
    Free Member

Yes, I’ll be watching. Watched the last two back to back. I thought to was OK enough to watch the other two.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I’m going to watch because or saw the first two, and am still hoping that it will become great. Prepared to be disappointed though 🙂

rossatease
    Free Member

What’s with the two kids in the boat is that a flashback or now? It’s stuff like that, that winds me up.

DezB
    Free Member

It was explained immediately afterwards!

rossatease
    Free Member

Nope missed it, probably to busy posting bollox on forums instead of paying attention. (Tricky when you have a few on the go)

Think I’ve got it now it’s the reporter guy having a melt down..

IanMunro
    Free Member

Now I’m completely lost.

KonaTC

Well that is 4 hours of my life I will never get back 😯

mtbfix

Arguably the best episode but I’m really none the wiser.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Southcliffe’ is closed to new replies.