Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Southampton / Lordswood people – robbery in woods
  • plyphon
    Free Member

Hi guys,

A friend of mine reported a lone female colleague (Hargroves employee, I think) was riding in Lordswood and became surrounded by scrotes on crossers. Demanded “your phone or your bike”.

1: Be careful in the woods on your own 🙁

2: Any information, phone the local PD.

Cheers

plyphon
    Free Member

Fak, wrong forum – maybe better in the bike forum?

cinnamon_girl

Blimey, that must have been frightening and do hope she’s OK.

As someone who’s cycled on her own for donkey’s years all around the UK, there’s only been a couple of places where I wouldn’t venture on my own namely Lordswood and Tunnel Hill.

nixie

Think this happened a few years ago as well. Seem to remember a guy out riding on his own being held by one **** while another buggered off with his bike.

cinnamon_girl

nixie – yes I remember that. Bloke fixed his puncture whilst being watched, bike on ground, picked up backpack then perp escaped on his Yeti.

Edit: oh and add Collingbourne Woods to the list.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

This is not good news – someone was held a knife point for their bike a few years ago.

I had a run in with some scrotes on an (obviously nicked) MX bike about 2 years ago who tried to nick my bike.

There has been an increasing amount of MX bike use up there recently, of which I would conservatively reckon 90% is scrote based, basically riding like a*seholes with complete disregard for other users.

There was a ‘hit & run’ from someone on a stolen MX bike a couple of weeks ago, young woman walking her dog with a small child.

I knew it would only be a matter of time until this happened again. I make a habit of calling 101 every time I hear/see people of bikes up there – the police apparently get a lot of calls from other forest users complaining also.

I tend to avoid the obvious areas they hang around, and i’m generally trail building anyway so have a golok in my bag for pruning the undergrowth – I can’t imagine many would want to argue with someone with a 15″ blade if they are chancers.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Southampton / Lordswood people – robbery in woods’ is closed to new replies.