• This topic has 10 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • South Buxton circuit from White Peak Mountain Biking
  • Route 15

Absolutely cracking little route in a much underused area of the Peak

Especially the Tenterhill and Hollingsclough rocky descents, if you struggle getting down The Beast don’t bother

A bit short and maybe just a bit too much road but a nice couple of hours with frozen ground

speaker2animals

Is White Peak Mountain Biking a shop? Is this a route that you purchased from them or a shop ride that you have done? Would be interested.

Its a guide book

http://www.amazon.co.uk/White-Peak-Mountain-Biking-Trails/dp/0954813146

Covers a lot more than what I tend to think of as the White Peak as well, has routes from Manifold all the way to Ladybower

speaker2animals

Cheers – I actually have a copy of that!

DOH!

Cheers – I actually have a copy of that!

All the more reason to go and try the route 😀

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

overactive – do you have a .gpx of this route my good man?

Sorry no, just a paper book 🙁

james
    Free Member

I tried combining the hollinsclough/tenterhill end of that ride with stuff around 3 shire heads/coldwell clough. A bit of a hill and tarmac to link the two but I enjoyed it it all. Finishing coming down into the centre of hollinsclough was great:

Bunnyhop

Everyone goes into the ‘dark Peak for their rock fix, but some of the stuff around there ^^ is tough. That picture doesn’t do it justice 🙂

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

james where abouts a map is that descent photo’d? dont suppose you have that route as a .gpx to incorporate 3 shires and the likes? really appreciated if you do!

tried some stuff up hollinsclough, but dont know if i missed the best stuff, or climbed it instead of descending?

nbt

Oscillate Wildly – Member

james where abouts a map is that descent photo’d?

Almost exactly here, facing north east
    http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=406245&Y=366350&A=Y&Z=120

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘South Buxton circuit from White Peak Mountain Biking’ is closed to new replies.