Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Sound bar telly advice please.
  • zippykona

The sound on our telly is going. We like our telly and I know nothing about sound bars.
    Can I plug this stuff into a 3.5 mm headphone socket?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-Electronics-SJ3-DGBRLLK-SJ3-Soundbar/dp/B06XGV33ZY/

FuzzyWuzzy

Easiest was to connect the TV to the soundbar is via Bluetooth (if your TV supports it). Failing that if the soundbar has sufficient HDMI then plug the TV + Sky + DVD etc. into the soundbar, if it doesn’t have sufficient HDMI ports itself then you can leave them plugged into the TV (assuming that’s your current set up) and then use an audio out from the TV to the soundbar (preferably optical). Not sure if it would work over the 3.5mm jack, the other options would be better anyway.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Yeah having gone through all of this myself, check what your telly is capable of. Some cheap tellys have good pictures but no ability to use an external sound source, go through your settings menu to check.

Ideally you will have an optical socket on the TV, but if not there are other options, including plugging your optical cable directly into your sky box (if you have one)

goldfish24

If telly doesn’t have Bluetooth it will probably have optical.

eyestwice
    Free Member

Optical from TV to soundbar is the ‘standard’ way. Then everything else HDMI to your TV, assuming it has enough ports.

brassneck

I used 3.5 mm as the optical out of my tv wasn’t affected by the tv remote volume control. Weird.

Cougar

I used 3.5 mm as the optical out of my tv wasn’t affected by the tv remote volume control. Weird.

I wouldn’t expect it to be, it’s a line signal not an amplified signal. You’d have to change the volume on the soundbar, not the TV.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Sonos Playbar.

skids
    Free Member

you use an optical cable to connect that soundbar to your TV

LittleNose
    Free Member

ZippyK – if you haven’t already ordered, then take a squint at this one too… same make, but previous year, next model up, similar price

zippykona

Thanks Nose just ordered that one.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Sound bar telly advice please.’ is closed to new replies.