Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Sorry, sorry, Wot case for iPh4 please?
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I did a search, honest! 🙂

New iPh4. Need case.
    Not a poncy leather one or an ‘envelope’ it can fall out of but something toughish to protect it from knocks and leaves the screen free to use.

Thinking of an Otterbox, one of the cheaper ones like THIS ONE?

But it’s not cheap so it had better be good! Any others?

Ta muchly! 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I just got the Apple wrap one and it seems fine.

You are too late to take advantage of the free case offer though now (I got mine for free just before they stopped the offer last month).

GrahamS

Of the free ones I went for the speck PixelSkin which I am pretty happy with

kiwijohn

I’ve got the Pixelskin & an Otterbox Defender for work. So solid you won’t worry about dropping it. Pixelskin is good for weekend use.

jam-bo

go naked.

kiwijohn

Naked is good.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Not happening. I need a case. I use it, not look at it….. 😉

jam-bo

so do I, never bothered with a case for my 3G, haven’t bothered with this one.

grievoustim
    Free Member

I have just a bumper for day to day use – naked doesn’t work for me, the phone feels like a bar of soap without the bumper

I have an otterbox – but I am only using it for when I am riding off road. It seems very sturdy, and protects the screen from muddy fingers – but its just too bulky to carry around all the time

woffle
    Free Member

I use the new Otterbox defender for my iphone 4 and it’s great – it gets used on my daily commute so don’t want to risk dropping it / it smashing should I take a tumble. I’ve managed to drop the phone in the case onto our hard slab driveway a couple of times in the case and no damage to the phone at all.

That said, should I have the choice I’d still rather not use one at all but I darent risk it having managed to have the dubious distinction of bringing the 1st smashed iphone in the UK to an Apple store after I dropped mine onto our kitchen floor straight after buying it (they very nicely laughed and gave me a new one as I was the 1st!)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

so do I, never bothered with a case for my 3G, haven’t bothered with this one.

Well, that’s you. Not me. I’ll be getting a case.
    ————————————

The bigger Otterboxes look a bit too clumpy for me. I reckon I’ll just get the one I linked to above. Looks reasonable. 🙂

GrahamS

If you are quite cack handed, or just like to be different, you can replace the glass back with a nice brushed alu on:

http://m.lifehacker.com/5666069/metal-iphone-4-cover-protects-your-iphone-4-without-the-bulk-of-a-case

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Ohh, I do like the brushed alloy, yes. 🙂 But it’s still not going to protect it as such, just save the original back from getting scratched. I dropped my 3G a few times. The case was battered but the phone survived unscathed……

mboy
    Free Member

Don’t bother with the Apple Bumper, it’s cack!

I’m glad mine was free, cos if I’d paid for it I’d have asked for my money back… The only thing it does is makes it easier to hold, other than that it offers no real protection at all, and doesn’t even fit very well.

I’ll be getting something else pretty soon.

And PP, I’m like you, use the thing all the time. BOTH my previous iPhones had silicone cases on them, BOTH were dropped many times, BOTH were immaculate after 18 months use and I was able to sell them on ebay as such and got over £200 each time! So to the doubters, investing a little in a case can save a lot of money in the long run, cos people still pay good money for a 2 year old iPhone in good condition!

enfht
    Free Member

iCase?

dazzlingboy

+1 for Otterbox Defender

sam_underhill

I’m surprised no-one has mentioned that there is no case for an iPhone. Android ftw 😉

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Sorry, sorry, Wot case for iPh4 please?’ is closed to new replies.