Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • sorry is that in pounds??? for a passport..really
  • enduro-aid
    Free Member

booking a round the world trip for the end of the year and it has been suggested that i should get a new passport as mine isnt biometric

just looked online…standard service £77.50!!! **** me thats daylight robbery!!

mudshark
    Free Member

Why is it suggested you renew before the current one runs out – does biometric really matter?

RealMan
    Free Member

Haggle?

Blackhound

£7.75 per year is not so bad.

Little cheaper for us Irish at 80euro but now we have to pay when over 65 to help out the economy when it used to be free.

donsimon
    Free Member

Why?
    You get freedom of movement and an insurance policy thrown in.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Getting one has cost Mohammed Al Fayed a small large fortune and he still hasn’t succeeded. Unfortunately the cost doesn’t keep the riff raff from going abroad. 🙂

Mr_C
    Free Member

£7.75 per year to enable you to travel to most of the world. Like you say – daylight robbery. 🙄

You could get, like, 2 coffees from Starbucks for that sort of money.

trail_rat
    Free Member

was 110 quid in december for me …. and i have to do it all again in a couple of months 🙁

lucky company reimburses eventually ….

enduro-aid
    Free Member

it has been suggested by the travel company organsing the flights and visas as it will apparently save some hassle in some of the countries we are planning on going too, india china etc

antigee

kids work out at £9.80 per year*

* waits for doglovers to come along

globalti
    Free Member

Expensive but wait until you receive that new passport, you won’t be disappointed. It’s a work of art, absolutely stunning in its anti-counterfeit complexity. The service is also impressively fast.

Oh, and biometric doesn’t matter at all. It’s only for when you arrive back in the UK and want to use the automatic gates.

Blackhound

The gates that seem to be out of order through summer 2011?

Stoner
    Free Member

just renewing Jr’s now he’s turned 5. £40 for every five years. 🙄

jonba
    Free Member

£77.50!!! **** me thats daylight robbery

booking a round the world trip for the end of the year

What’s the coast compared to the rest of your trip. It may not be value for money but in the grand scheme of things its <£8 a year compared to average holiday costs >£800 (? at a guess).

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Really? try ‘fessing up to couple of misdemeanrs that didn’t actually result in a criminal record when applying for a visa to the States and see what happens.
    £70-odd for a copy of criminal record showing I am in fact a pillar of society, not the violent hooligan I thought i was
    trip to belfast to speak to people in the us visa office. around £80 to make the appointment
    £1.50 a minute to ask some questions, 10 f those minutes being on hold
    £5 for sopecial delivery envelopes

br
    Free Member

You do realise that you’ll probably spend more just for your Indian visa, never mind other countries?

pixelmix
    Free Member

just renewing Jr’s now he’s turned 5. £40 for every five years.

Never seen Home Alone? £40 of savings right there.

mrmo
    Free Member

Little cheaper for us Irish at 80euro but now we have to pay when over 65 to help out the economy when it used to be free.

80euros? might have to get an irish passport once my GB one expires, might save a few quid.

wallop

Can’t see the point just to get a biometric one

I got married in 2010, but had to renew my passport a few months before the wedding. They want £92 to change my name on there, so I’m keeping it in my maiden name. 😥

trail_rat
    Free Member

“Expensive but wait until you receive that new passport, you won’t be disappointed. It’s a work of art, absolutely stunning in its anti-counterfeit complexity. The service is also impressively fast.”

yep my second passport took 4 days from sending to being in my hand !

i need to send my first away to be replaced as it was washed 😀

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘sorry is that in pounds??? for a passport..really’ is closed to new replies.