Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Sore arse after 30 mile ride – change saddle or arse?
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

First ride for a while and about 1 – 1.5 stone heavier.

I have always been comfortable on my bike but this evening I feel like I have been adored by a violent homosexual baboon.

Okay, I was riding a fixie, fully rigid, off road for 30 miles for my first ride after about 2 months without any serious ride. I guess this may have contributed.

Do I :

a) MTFU
    b) Change my saddle
    c) Change my arse

C is only really possible by losing the weight which means riding more which means B or A

derp
    Free Member

First ride for a while and about 1 – 1.5 stone heavier.

That will be it. Just need to ‘ahem’ break your arse in a bit.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You idiot. 😐

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

Order of changes:

1. Change saddle height/position
    2. Change Chamois/shorts
    3. Add Chamois cream
    4. Loose weight
    5. Change saddle
    6. MTFU

allthepies
    Free Member

Ride more.

simondbarnes

a

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

What is the best way to ‘break in’ my arse?

First thoughts were vinegar but I don’t fancy pickled onions in my pants

thejesmonddingo

I’ll send Big Terry round,he’ll break it in in seconds.
    ian

ahwiles
    Free Member

stand up more.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

1. Change saddle height/position – I did notice that the post had slipped 2cm by the end of the ride
    2. Change Chamois/shorts – Maybe a pair of baggies and y-fronts weren’t ideal
    3. Add Chamois cream – Where?
    4. Loose weight – that was sort of the aim of the ride
    5. Change saddle – iFly I Beam has always been comfortable before. If I replace it will i then throw away the new saddle when I lose the weight again?
    6. MTFU – Trying

Sore in what way ?
    Friction or pressure points ?

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Assos works for me 😉

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Friction where the y-fronts rub and pressure points at the other painful bits.

Friction I understand more suitable attire may help.

Pressure points are what puzzle me as the saddle ‘fitted’ fine before

dropoff

d) find a less violent baboon 🙂

monsta
    Free Member

What is the best way to ‘break in’ my arse?
    Perhaps try the personals section of Attitude magazine?

ton

get gears, suspension and a smoother route……

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

ton – smoother route would be difficult, it was the new forest. I did think that taking my full suss 27 speed might be a good idea about half way round.

i only set out for a 30 minute pootle but got distracted by the fact it wasn’t raining

7hz
    Free Member

Y fronts?

Get some cycling shorts for a start.

Also, your ass will be out of condition (in more ways than one). MTFU and get more riding in, it’ll get reconditioned again.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

It’ll be the fancy lace thong you were wearing, wear something more sensible next time 😉

lipseal
    Free Member

This should help…

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I have been adored by a violent homosexual baboon.

That fecker used to live round my way. Still comes round now and again. Always after I’ve been a lazy ass – off the bike for a few weeks. I’m glad to hear he’s in your neck of the woods nowadays 😉 Peace for me!

matthewlhome
    Free Member

Build up mileage gradually. Wear nothing under your cycling shorts and most importantly, liberal use of chamois cream. It really does make a difference.

This advice comes to you from someone who has also increased in weight and decreased in cycling time over the past 6 months 🙂

duntstick
    Free Member

Internet waffling/riding ratio correction is required methinks 🙂

epicyclo

WorldClassAccident – Member
    …Okay, I was riding a fixie, fully rigid, off road for 30 miles for my first ride after about 2 months…

That has the same result for me. I reckon it’s due to having to spend more time in the saddle compared to the relief you get with a freewheel allowing you to raise your posterior on downhills.

samuri
    Free Member

definately a. You’re a fixie rider now. The only thing you should be telling us about is how you totally reamed everyone else.

I expect complaints, but only from people who you’ve passed on a 1:3 descent when they were on their ‘rig’ and were wearing all their special protection gear. Or maybe from cheating spanish athletes (take your pick, it’s a big list) who you’ve cannoned past up a dirty great mountain.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Sore arse after 30 mile ride – change saddle or arse?’ is closed to new replies.