Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Sora shifters and 9 spd MTB cassete
  • jam-bo

Are they compatible?

toppers3933
    Free Member

Yep

jsync

What he said.

jam-bo

good. i’ve already ordered one.

scaredypants

Yes

… but might depend on what mech you’re using – will it take the extra chain links (assuming you’re having a bigger range). In fact it might not clear a very big cassette at all if it’s an oldish road one

jam-bo

already got an 11-32 on with plenty to spare. its for one more climbing gear for the mrs.

crash_gav
    Free Member

I have used Sora STI’s with an Ultgra mech and MTB cassette for the last few years on my CX bike. No issue. I’m set up with road chain rings (double, no granny chain ring).

geoffj

Might need a bodge if its a MTB front mech, rear will be fine.

Big-Dave
    Free Member

I have just such a set up on my Uncle John. The rear mech (Deore) works fine with the shifters although the front mech (also Deore and a MTB chainset) never really shifts cleanly onto the big ring; the shifter just can’t seem to pull enough cable.

geoffj

the front mech (also Deore and a MTB chainset) never really shifts cleanly onto the big ring; the shifter just can’t seem to pull enough cable.

There is a bodge – something to do with cable routing or clamping at the mech. I’m sure someone will come along shortly and explain it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Sora shifters and 9 spd MTB cassete’ is closed to new replies.