Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Some people are truly stupid
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

I can’t actually see how far the pavement the other side of the rather lovely A5 is protecting the car.

that reads like I wrote it – what do you mean?

The two trucks are clearly having an effect on the traffic flow.

everyone on their side can pass without crossing the white line and I dont accept that view [ they considerately mounted the pavement – slow them down possibly but they are not blocking that

did they park at 90 degrees to the road in Madrid?

Quite clearly at this moment the trucks are huge problem, because if they weren’t there the traffic would be flowing freely.

yes the car at 90 degrees blocking the entire carriage wasy on one sid eof the road is not the problem its the trucks on the other side that cars are easily passing without issue that is the problem 🙄

mbr30
    Free Member

I’m so glad the police didn’t have to attend such pathetic and childish behaviour. Hope they’re ashamed of themselves but probably not..

donsimon
    Free Member

did they park at 90 degrees to the road in Madrid?

Park wherever they want, authorities are having a clampdown on double parking now, but it goes like this.
    Scenario 1.
    You double park while you pop into a shop/bar/flat.
    You hear the sound of a car horn and go and see if it’s the car you’re blocking.
    If it is you move, then take their space.
    If not, carry on doing what you were doing until you have to move your car.
    If you are blocked in, honk your horn until the offending car is moved.
    Perfectly normal and acceptable, no raised voices, no twunts with cameras. A system that works very effectively.
    Scenario 2.
    You stop your car/van/wagon at a convenient place to carry out your business.
    Scenario 3.
    I don’t have any photos of this but very often you will see cars parked over the central white line. Cars parked on either side of the road and a line of cars in the centre.
    It’s a city with very little space, you park where you can.

I can’t actually see how far the pavement the other side of the rather lovely A5 is protecting the car.

I know what I meant!!! 😛

skywalker
    Free Member

WTF has it got to do with him. I would be annoyed too.

wrecker
    Free Member

She singlehandedly blocked the traffic through the main road in bath. There is absolutely no doubt about that. If he wants to film it, he is quite free to. She panicked as she knows she was being a dick and might get some bother for it.
    I thought the filmer came out of it very well. I wouldn’t have been able to keep my temper with the husband and it would be me getting into trouble. That’s just being honest, not tinternet tough guy.

bobbyg81
    Free Member

She should have either parked diagonally, or at the very least, moved her car another 4ft forward.

Anyway, its a good job she was in Bath. Id like to have seen the reaction her, and her **** man, would’ve got if they pulled that one in Fife. Middle class arguments are soooooo funny!

Bear
    Free Member

It doesn’t have anything to do with him, BUT he is within his rights to film it. She was not within her rights to park like she did, nor threaten and harass him.

He may be sad and need a life but that is not illegal. There are plenty of people around who think people chatting on internet forums are sad, let alone us mid life wasters who sprout nonsense on cycling forums…….

phil.w
    Free Member

There are plenty of people around who think people chatting on internet forums are sad,

Bloody right it is, you’ll never find me doing that.

smell_it
    Free Member

I spent the last 5 mins of that wishing that one of them, any one of them, would resort to violence. That was like a real life STW thread. Would have been sorted in a much quicker and entertaining manner with some furious fists.

kaesae
    Free Member

What exactly is the legal stand point on this ❓ is she breaking the law by obstucting the flow of traffic and if she is breaking the law is it illegal to film her ❓ is it illegal to film someone who is breaking the law?

bobbyg81
    Free Member

Would have been sorted in a much quicker and entertaining manner with some furious fists.

+1

“Man dance, man dance, man dance.”

Bear
    Free Member

Pretty certain it is illegal to willingly block the highway or some such wording! Not illegal to film in a public place.

awh
    Free Member

Following a prolonged campaign, including a series of demonstrations by photographers abused by Police Officers and PCSOs, the Metropolitan Police was forced to issue updated legal advice which now confirms that ‘Members of the public and the media do not need a permit to film or photograph in public places and police have no power to stop them filming or photographing incidents or police personnel’ and that ‘The power to stop and search someone under Section 44 of the Terrorism Act 2000 no longer exists

From Wikipedia

organdonor
    Free Member

Isn’t it illegal to air said film without the consent of those filmed? The tv always distorts the faces in those cases…

Edit: I guess not

awh
    Free Member

Isn’t it illegal to air said film without the consent of those filmed? The tv always distorts the faces in those cases…

I wouldn’t have thought so. I can’t imagine the crooks they show on Watchdog etc give permission. I think the distorted faces are usually because there is an on going court case.

organdonor
    Free Member

Yes, of course. 😳

argoose
    Free Member

All I saw was a typical audi driver

Mikeypies
    Free Member

If there was more filming of people being cocks and subsequent airings perhaps they might think about their actions but I wont hold my breath.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Some people are truly stupid’ is closed to new replies.