Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Sofatrackworld
  • spacemonkey

Looking for a couple of leather sofas – preference is for black or brown. I think everyone we know have either fabric sofas or stupidly expensive leather ones, the latter being something we can’t justify.

Also need three sofa beds.

Dogs are going to be barred, but kids are not.

Choice seems pretty much unlimited, hence what/where do you recommend?

Ta

sandwicheater

Indigo furniture. Not the cheapest, not the most expensive.

spacemonkey

Not heard of them. Definitely got some of the nice looking variants on there. Ta for the heads up.

flowerpower
    Free Member

I used sofasofa online.

Worked well for me (2 x fabric sofas, 1 x leather sofa bed)

razorrazoo

My wife wants to sell our leather sofa and armchair….brown, Laura Ashley if anyone reading this is interested.

OP what is your budget, hard to recommend otherwise?

z1ppy

ebay… got two bargain leather sofa’s (one seller was visibly annoyed at the price – but his missus has made a command decision) both in nearly new condition, because they just can’t sell them. Obviously you need to factor in mileage/transport but we were quoted £800 and 3 month delivery (& delivery charges) from a shop, only to get one for £200 off a local couple the following weekend.

spacemonkey

Yeah, am thinking of going down the eBay route if needs dictate. Must be a matching pair though. Might have to opt for a couple of cheaper fabric jobbies in the meantime.

Budget probably £1750+ for both sofas. Not yet budgeted for the beds.

midlifecrashes

If you like the look of Tetrad Eastwood, they are popular and always coming up on eBay. The cushions and their covers can be replaced if it needs a revamp, and the kind of sofa that looks better the older it gets. They do manufacture for the top end of DFS and John Lewis too, so these models come up often, meaning you can buy secondhand separately and get a good match.

razorrazoo

With a budget like that look out for the fairly regular sales that they have at Laura Ashley. There are bargains to be had.

There is also a place that I visited once which may be worth a look depending on you location. clicky

z1ppy

Yeah, am thinking of going down the eBay route if needs dictate. Must be a matching pair though

Loads of matching pairs on ebay (and lot of choice if you can wait.. but factor in a 3 month delivery time from a shop, you’ve got time to wait), we only went got different ones as “needs must” at the time (& cat peeing on the ‘good one’), factor in hiring a large van and a m8 to help you lift them and prepare for a bargain…

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

google for “forest sofa”, they’re about on your budget

we have a couple of their bronx (iirc) leather sofas, leather is decent, and the cushions are holding shape well after 4 or 5 years.

LoCo
    Free Member

Sofa sofa, Avoid at all costs utter rubbish and ‘warranty’ not worth anything. 👿

wwaswas

wasn’t sure if that was each or for the pair

We got a chair and sofa from these guys;

http://www.artdeco-sofas.com/artdeco.html

Which are still going strong after 15 years.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Spent many an hour sitting in sofas across the north of England just before Christmas.
    Ended up buying from Marks and Sparks,give them a look see.

creamegg
    Free Member

if youre interested in second hand sofas ive got a couple of brown leather sofas I need to sell as buying a house with the mrs. they’ve hardly been used as ive been working abroad. let me know if interested and I can get some pics to you

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Don’t want to tread on the OP’s toes, but I’d consider second hand leather sofa’s offered in this thread.

Drop me a line at UrbanHikerEmail@gmail.com.

spacemonkey

Am in a rush and have to go. Might well be interested in those SH offers. We’re down in stormtrooper belt Surrey Hills 😉 Are any of you near there? Ta

creamegg
    Free Member

im in Cardiff but could arrange delivery if required. ill be out on the bike tonight so wont be in till late but will pick up messages later. have you got an email address?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

as said, lots on ebay if you’re prepared to wait for the right one(s)and they often don’t go for much if they start at 99p or there abouts. My sister got a very high quality expensive brown one for £55 (or sum’at). Just recently near me a really nice looking M&S brown leather 3 seater one went for about £90. I don’t think I could ever justify buying new when it could be had for peanuts once out of the showroom.

tinribz
    Free Member

Nabru are worth checking out although more for custom sizes and looks like it’s ‘faux’ leather.

takisawa2

We went for Natuzzi.
    Not cheap but fab quality.
    6wk delivery.

I sold a sofa on Ebay once. Chap hired a man-with-van to drive up to Staffs from Kent 😯

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

As I said, happy to let SpaceMonkey have 1st dibbs. But still interested, and in Bath so could potentially do a collection. Drop me an email if SM’s not interested. Just checked our your classified. Probably only interested in the small one, I’ve a tiny house!

spacemonkey

@creamegg: just had a look at your classified – not quite the style we’re looking for as we’d prefer a tighter/flatter finish (if you know what I mean?). Wicked pad though 🙂

spacemonkey

Those Natuzzi designs are to die for. Sadly can’t justify the cost 🙁

spacemonkey

Some cracking sofas from your recommended retailers so far. Laura Ashley have a few at 50% off but sadly still not in our price range 🙁

Am curious about Nabru even though there appear to be a few dubious people signing up to various forums just to post a positive review. Loads of other genuine reviews though + seriously cheap if they stand up to 5+ years of family abuse.

tinribz
    Free Member

We’ve had the Nabru 4 seater I’m sitting on now a couple of years, back cushions could do with a paddling, apart for that so far so good. Be warned though they come on a pallet Ikea style.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Did you have a look here
    Our two we bought with the 30% off came in at a resonable price, They are well made and comfortble, should be the last sofas I have to buy

spacemonkey

Managed to pick up a couple of second hand M&S brown leather sofas on Sat for nearly £3000 less than new 🙂 Bit of cracking on one of them, but I’ve found the kit to sort that out. Other than that they’re like new.

Cheers guys

juanking

http://www.lawtonsfurniture.co.uk/

They sell M&S stuff with about 40% discount along with John Lewis and others furniture. All stuff people have ordered that won’t fit, cancelled etc..

Dales_rider
    Free Member

spacemonkey – Member

Managed to pick up a couple of second hand M&S brown leather sofas on Sat for nearly £3000 less than new Bit of cracking on one of them, but I’ve found the kit to sort that out. Other than that they’re like new.

Cheers guys

Well done 🙂 They appear to be well made so should last, hoping the ones we bought are the last ones we will need.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Sofatrackworld’ is closed to new replies.