Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • So what've you been upto this weekend? (bikes leaning on signpost content)
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Hello dust my old friend, good to see you on the trails again (in places, anything north facing in the open seemed covered in sheet ice!)

“The Best” thanks to erosion and better bikes than when the track got it’s name it’s now more like “the fluffy kitten”

Obligatory bike on sign post shot

Almost sunset about to descend to cut throat bridge

That was yesterday in the Peaks.

Hope -> broken road -> decent to edale -> jaggers -> beast -> hagg farm -> screaming mile -> cuthroat -> road back to hope

highclimber
    Free Member

No pictures I’m afraid but we went to Lee/Cragg. your day looks better than mine though the weather was great, my riding ability wasn’t!

pinetree
    Free Member

fizzicist
    Free Member

Peaks photos look fabulous! I really miss having it on my doorstep.

Just about manager to compile a half decent 18 mile or so loop from the doorstep in Harrogate. However I’d do bad things to be able to pay a visit to my old playground for a weekend!

Vortexracing

Vortexracing

No signpost, but a great big bloody tree for me

1 hr blast on the Unit yesterday and 30 miles on the roadbike this morning

P1050038 by eastham_david, on Flickr

same bike smaller tree 🙄

P1050036 by eastham_david, on Flickr

stumpy01

Spin class on Friday.

Booked Honeymoon on Saturday.

Windy road ride this afternoon. Just settled back into it and did a crosswind route, rather than a headwind/tailwind route. Worked out OK.
    Then did some foam rollering on my IT bands as they are tight as buggery.

Took camera, thinking I could get a pic for my photo a day. But it was grey, dull & uninspiring. Wasn’t worth stopping for….

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Peaks photos look fabulous! I really miss having it on my doorstep.

Almost 4 hours door to door for me*, still worth it once in a while, there’s something unique about the riding.

Cuthroat bridge decent was boggy and the climb was wet, although if you stayed on the rocky track down it was OK, the wide chicken lines were impassible.

*before the environmentalists slay me it’s an hour:fifteen from my parents, and they’re 2hours:30 from home so it’s only an hour’s drive ontop of a weekend seeing them.

Garry_Lager

Nice photos. Conditions worsened today – I did the Kinder circuit (from Hayfield) this morning in the wind, ice, rain and mist – one of those rides that gets you thinking is Peak mountain biking really a big bag of shite, when you get right down to it?. 3 hrs on an uphill farm track with 15 yards visibility.

I like the Peak really. Most of the time.

ctznsmith
    Free Member

25 miles in the dales on the road yesterday.

singlespeedstu

No signposts.
    Will a knackerd old trailer do?

New Bike Transporter by singlespeedstu, on Flickr

tmb467
    Free Member

No photos but just back from a days skills session at Gisburn with Ed Oxley

Didn’t realise how shit I was til I tried to do things properly

Frustrating but good

qu1nt
    Free Member

Taught my daughter to ride her bike Saturday afternoon, one of the best feelings in the world 🙂

50 miles this morning on the road to Windsor with friends & then (& this was the highlight) out with the whole fam this afternoon for a ride round Hawley lake

About as good as weekends get !

chiefgrooveguru

Spent Saturday afternoon being the biggest kid at Crawley BMX track. Great fun!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Nice photos.

Taken with a £20 compact, getting the exposure/color right is a PITA, those last 2 were taken about 30seconds apart (just tricked the exposure in the 2nd to get something closer to how it looked).

nickthegreek
    Free Member

A top Saturday on Mastiles Lane

Haze

Reliability ride, absolutely no chance of stopping to take pictures!

dan314
    Free Member

Lake District Saturday, chill out sunday!

Nipper99
    Free Member

Brechfa session on the Gryphon.

vorlich
    Free Member

Windy/muddy ride in the Lomond hills

boxfish
    Free Member

Just the 20 chilly, hilly miles on the road today. Rest of the weekend just hanging with my homies.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Saturday: A good few hours brisk walking over the Mendip hills and catching up with a mate, including a beer and sandwich stop at The Crown.

Sunday: long lie-in, big breakfast and a road ride over the levels and up over the Mendips including two coffee stops.

rOcKeTdOg

43 miles in Warwickshire yesterday

NWAlps

and back on knobblies in the NWAlps today for a quick 18 miles on the singlespeed, twas a tad damp

damp

monogramman
    Free Member

Rode the kinder loop starting via hollins cross. Conditions were terrible, first time I’ve had to pedal down hill! I got some head cam footage but it probably looks like I put the camera in the washing machine. I will check when I recover.

mattjg
    Free Member

Saturday build up my lovely new Salsa courtesy of Bobalong http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-salsa-selma-29er-single-speed-frame-with-photos

Sunday, family day so not been out on it yet!

toyrobot
    Free Member

Bike leaning on a post, post out of shot, in Langholm in the Borders.

sambob
    Free Member

Finished building + rode my new bike yesterday morning, working last night and today.

ctznsmith
    Free Member

Ahem lets try that again

mattrgee
    Free Member

Cown Edge yesterday, bike just out of shot but it was definitely against a big sign post!

Kbrembo
    Free Member

Golspie on the Pug

doubledunter
    Free Member

Mugdock1 by Doubledunter, on Flickr

Russell96

Local Sustrans cycle tracks for me today, but as locals know when the wind is against you down by the River Dee 5+ miles of exposed flat track becomes almost a mountain to climb. Taking pics made for an excuse to have a breather.

hummerlicious
    Free Member

Trying out my new forks 🙂
    Hanging from a sign!

Kinesis FF29 by http://www.sussex-mtb.com, on Flickr

postierich
    Free Member

7am start this morning and headed up Gisburn way lots of sheet ice driving rain but still a good bash around wish I had taken the SS!

DSCF2634[1] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

birky
    Free Member

Loch Ordie, Dunkeld

bedmaker

Will a pile of sand do instead of a signpost?
    3 months after getting a bike designed for riding on sand and snow, it had it’s first visit to a sand ‘dune’ today.
    It seemed to handle the 6 metre descent just fine 🙂
    [/url]
    Untitled by LOVATSTOVES, on Flickr[/img]

yunki
    Free Member

a few miles snatched this evening on the Eastern edge of Dartmoor..

rickmeister

Welcome to East Lothian…

P1170208 by Andrea & Rick, on Flickr

Swamp World..

P1170210 by Andrea & Rick, on Flickr

fathomer

Yesterday me and the mrs went out for a local walk, today I went over to Cannock, which rode really well considering the snow and rain. No riding pics though I took this whilst walking yesterday’s:

theboatman
    Free Member

There is a sign on the other side of the lump of stone. Chilly but cracking ride around the Derwent Valley yesterday. Bit dryer than my last run out;

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘So what've you been upto this weekend? (bikes leaning on signpost content)’ is closed to new replies.