Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 108 total)
  • So. My wife has just had a stroke.
  • sc-xc

and I have had a bottle of Morrison’s ‘Imperial Vodka’

It’s been a funny old week. She’s 34.

jimmy

don’t drink that bottle.

EDIT: and my sympathies. Hope she makes a healthy recovery.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m guessing the bottle’s already empty. Hope she’s ok dude.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

I think had is a past tense thing, I hope your wife is ok and makes a good recovery. Don’t forget to look after yourself though…

Houns

sc-xc if there’s anything you need let me know x

sc-xc

bottle drunk – apart from th e glass in front of me. It’s all very surreal. Cheers though….

donsimon
    Free Member

kinnel! hope everything is ok.

sc-xc

Cheers Houns. You will have seen this wierd shit unfold. Can’t **** believ it.

Houns

Nor me….fingers crossed she’ll be home and back to normal ASAP

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What happened sc-xc (apart from the obvious)?

Coyote
    Free Member

Thoughts are with you and your wife. Hope she makes a full recovery. Don’t know you from Adam but if you need to unleash an e-torrent to a stranger my email’s in the profile.

genghispod
    Free Member

+1 hoping things turn out well; 34 is too young to suffer this but well young enough to recover.

CHB

Hope your wife is ok. Life takes some funny twists and can sometimes be a real sod. Best wishes.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I hope she recovers and things get better for you sc-xc.
    All fingers crossed for you.

sc-xc

She came back from work on Tuesday – couldn’t speak properly. – she was not able to remenber simple words…very confuses. Turns out she had had a bit of a ;turn’ so went to bed to sleep it off.
    ]
    Wednesday – got worse. Luclily, she’s a nurse sowas at hospital. Her colleagues swaw her behaviour and took her to A&E. I was called, she went through the wardshaving tests until they told me today she ahs a hole in her heart and clots in her brain. looking at a coupl e o f weeks wiyhout her, and she has to have MRI, then up to the other hospital t ohave heart surgey to fix up the hole.

She’s so young. Our lad Jake is pretty cool up til now – he’s 9…. butour daughert is only 2 adn can’t undesrtand where her mum is. ists aeful.

project
    Free Member

SC-XC, firsstly hope your wife is ok, and as fort eh morisons vodka, beaware a local shop has just been raided and they found some naughty people re branding a liquid that wasnt vodka as vodka.

sc-xc

Cripes. Apologies about spellinh – you get the picture.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Bloodyhell 😮 Healing vibes to your wife fella.

jimmy

sorry, missed the ‘have’ in the OP

bullheart
    Free Member

Get your game head on fella. She’ll need you to be a rock.

Best of luck to both of you.

sc-xc

I know project. It;s been a long week. Jake has a footvall tournememt tomorow and we will be there – then visit mum later. Just a release.

duntstick
    Free Member

To be positive, just remember some people don’t get the ‘warning’

Hoping for a speedy recovery, must have been a hell of a shock at that age, for all of you….best of luck with it

sc-xc

Cheers BH. Nothing, I know.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ouch. take a moment for yourself – cos from now on its her first second and third!

The more effort she puts in – and to some extent that depends on you – the better she will get. Work hard, put the effort in, make it happen

Kevevs
    Free Member

All the best mate, it sounds really difficult. Easy to say, but necking booze only helps in the Right Now. I’d steer off it for a while to deal with the situation.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

sc-xc, hope she makes a full recovery,chuck the vodka down the sink.

djflexure

All that stuff sounds fixable. The young normally bounce back really well from strokes. Be optimistic, it should all work out and get back to normal eventually.

Mackem

Bad shit, hope things sort themselves out.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Positive vibes to you dude. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Don’t be reluctant to offload to friends if it starts to get on top of you.

sc-xc

I agree, Just getting through th news tonight. Tomorrow….different story. Mates have been ace, and lots of support. Selfish, but I’m struggling a bit.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Nothing constructive to add, but all the best to all of you.

allthegear
    Free Member

It’s okay to struggle, anyone would. Call on the support of your friends – it’s what they are for.

Hope it all works out and your wife makes a full recovery.

Rachel x

marsdenman
    Free Member

Nothing constructive to add, but all the best to all of you.

+1

sc-xc

Going to bed now. It might not deem it ut this has meant a great deal. Thanks for your support. I.m sure it;s nothing, love you guys.

donsimon
    Free Member

Just getting through th news tonight. Tomorrow….different story.

That makes sense. Be strong tomorrow.

Sue_W
    Free Member

sc-xc – definately not ‘selfish’. It’s really hard to be in your position, you need the strength to support your wife and children at a time when you’re emotionally devastated. Make sure you also get the support you need from friends etc.

Really hope your wife makes a full recovery

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

My mates wife had a couple of fairly large TIA’s and hasn’t bee right for a good few years. She’s just 40 now and has just learned the cause is a hole in the heart which is fortunately operable.

At that age theres very likely an underlying issue. Folk in their mid 30’s haven’t been around long enough for the vascular system to get so weak as to spontaneously fail.

Healing vibes.

mintimperial

Selfish, but I’m struggling a bit.

Of course you’re struggling, damn. It’s not selfish, get that thought out of your head. All the best, hope it works out for all of you as fast as these things can, and look after yourself.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Thinking of you and yours sc-xc, all the best mate

higgo
    Free Member

This…

Get your game head on fella. She’ll need you to be a rock.

Look after yourself so you can look after her while she needs you to.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘So. My wife has just had a stroke.’ is closed to new replies.