Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)
  • So how did you do in the ardrock? And what a great event!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Superbly organised, great bunch of folk there, good band Saturday night and decent priced food and ale. What’s not to like!

igm

Saw it on Saturday as they routed our sportive past it.

Looked like a good turn out.

fathomer

Don’t know how I finished, I guess not very well but I bloody loved today. Practice yesterday wasn’t great as I had two crashes on stage 1 😆

eddie11
    Free Member

Shhhhh….. It was rubbish. Ok?

bigsoups
    Free Member

Agreed. Cracking event and superbly organised. Today’s loop was outstanding. Feeling the burn now.

oxnop
    Free Member

Really great event, only the 2nd Enduro I’ve done and the 1st for the wife. thought really well organised and marshalled, we managed to get in a campsite 1/2 mile up the road so couldn’t comment on the camping facilities.

Split my tyre half way down stage 1 so was going to throw the towel in (I’m carrying a knee injury so shouldn’t be riding anyway and thought a omen) – I then saw a guy run past me with 2 punctures. I also remembered the guy who I saw on the practice lap yesterday with a prosthetic leg so thought what the hell – SO glad I did, had a great day out.

Looking at the leader board there were already people coming in with sub 17:30min overall so really puts your riding in perspective!

Mine

S1 = 15:15
    S2 = 3:22
    S3 = 4:33
    S4 = 3:59
    S5 = 2:44

The Mrs

S1 = 7:01
    S2 = 4:15
    S3 = 6:10 – she crashed and thought she’d Bryceland’ed her ankle
    S4 = 4:45
    S5 = 3:22

nickc

Had a bloody great time! I was completely average:

S1 6:43
    S2 3:45
    S3 5:15
    S4 4:50
    S5 3:13

total : 23:48, riding blind and steadish How the fast boys were doing 17 mins is beyond me!!

squoglybob
    Free Member

I agree whole heartedly, excellent organisation and a great loop. Although that hike out of the gully after S4 lost its appeal quicker than a lurking turd. BUT I’m not winging, had a fantastic ride and spoke to many different folk whom all had a good spirit and stacks of positivity.

If I’m honest I thought the stages were excellent, I didn’t think they would be that technical and peddaly, not far into stage 1 I realised that it was actually quite technical,

Haven’t got a clue where I ended up but there were some Faast guys and girls out there to day.

qtip

Absolutely loved the whole thing, despite a largish crash on S1 in practice. My first Enduro and definitely not my last. Great job by the ‘Ard Rock guys.

S1 6.10
    S2 3.29
    S3 5.01
    S4 4.18
    S5 2.54
    Total 21.53

garethc
    Free Member

Brilliant.

Finished well down the ranks, which I’d like to put down to stopping on the final descent to help my mate fix a tube. However my times for the earlier stages suggest my performance was, at best, mediocre.

Loved it and will be back next year.

wrightyson
    Free Member

My very first race. Only did the Ard rock lite on the Saturday due to work commitments but managed 35th overall. Got held up on stage three in the gulley by a nice lady who tried to get out the way bit binned it.
    Thoroughly thoroughly impressed but would somebody turn that **** church clock off!!!

unklehomered
    Free Member

From the other side of the tape, myself and a bunch of my SingletrAction compatriots had huge fun marshalling you this weekend – we were mostly the loud shouty ones!

Everyone was great, good sense of humour – even when jiggered, loads of fun to chat with, awesome and considerate to one another. Great watching people stretch their riding and achieve something surprising.

Big thanks to organisers for the chance to be involved again.

Big shout out to all those who high fived little Milo on the road after the pub on Saturday who was helping direct people the right way, whoever it was did it while wheelying, YOU MADE HIS DAY!

We’ll see you all next year!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

my dad was there, him of the 29er heckler (link below) came 97th/212 on the timed 35km loop,

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/29er-heckler-have-we-done-this-yet

tmb467
    Free Member

Gutted l couldn’t make it

I’ll be queuing for entry next year again

beano68
    Free Member

Fantastic event and my 1st Enduro, so roll on next year , average timings apart from a huge off on S5 but bloody and battered I I still loved it !

S1 5.17
    S2 3.42
    S3 4.02
    S4 4.00
    S5 4.48

nickc

The marshals were amazing! Really really cool of folk to give up their weekend for us. 😀

wrightyson
    Free Member

Dirtyrider where did you pick that photo up from? Are there any official ones available?

Simon

Thoroughly enjoyed the whole weekend 🙂
    No crashes, no punctures and no mechanicals!
    Feeling a bit sunburnt though.

S1 5.59
    S2 3.30
    S3 3.30
    S4 4.14
    S5 3.04

Total 21:49.50

scaled
    Free Member

Awesome day out with the lads with my fiancé cheering as best you can with a buggy in the dales!

I was going great guns on stage 4 till I lost my bike down the side of a hill and had to go chasing it. In the end finished with 19:46 or something, bloody one second slower than my mate who would not let me past for love nor money on stage 5 despite being inches off his bloody wheel. Bastard 😀

Great days racing, thanks to all involved

Some photos are up on roots and rain already. No results yet,hopefully the lads are enjoying a well deserved beer first.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

@wrighttyson eventphotos.co.uk

slimporcini
    Free Member

Yep, been an ace weekend. The stages were amazing, so much fun to ride.
    S1 – 5.39
    S2 – 3.22
    S3 – 4.36
    S4 – 3.54
    S5 – 2.30
    Overall – 20.01

Aching to see the full results to see how I’ve faired.

lapierrelady

A great event and a super atmosphere. Disappointed not to get in for the Sunday ( and did anyone do both cause that’s what we were hoping to do!), but the Saturday race was sweet. Made the most of the event village too- just the weather for a post race beer.

fathomer

My times, as I’ve finally emptied the car and found the slip:

S1 – 5.52
    S2 – 3.24
    S3 – 4.43
    S4 – 3.59
    S5 – 2.41
    Overall – 20.30

Total: 230.48

slimporcini – Member
    Aching to see the full results to see how I’ve faired.

Me to. Talking of aching, my bodies in bits 😀

karlwoof
    Free Member

Had an absolute brilliant time, all things considered for the amount you paid it is exception value for money.

Can’t wait for next year already…

samcamsdad

Cracking weekend, really enjoyed it, thanks to all marshals and volunteers.
    Stage 5 was just so much fun, I wanted to go back up for another go!
    Heres my times,

S1 5.27
    S2 2.57
    S3 4.10
    S4 3.38
    S5 2.28
    Total 18.41

Now sat at home aching legs, with some dodgy chafing, enjoying a loweswater gold! 😀

scaled
    Free Member

Yeah, dunno what it was about today but my arse is killing me!

wrightyson
    Free Member

I can see it becoming part of our family’s summer.
    Any idea how the dad and daughter tandem got on? Mates were camping near them and couldn’t believe our eyes.

benji
    Free Member

I can see it becoming part of our family’s summer.
    Any idea how the dad and daughter tandem got on? Mates were camping near them and couldn’t believe our eyes.

Guy Kesteven and his daughter on the Nicolai tandem, they are awesome on that, he rode a few rounds of the nutcracker on that last year, and his daughter was handing out jelly babies as they roared past you!!

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

Such a brilliant weekend. loved all the stages, the terrain is awesome. the transitions were a bastard but the Atmosphere and the weather made it. Also good of the caterers not to pull your pants down too much either.

Bring on king & queen!

iain1775
    Free Member

Great event but a pretty shit day for me today, been suffering with flu all week and got round the practice loop yesterday okay but it really took it out of me more than I thought and I blew up on the first climb today, just after the road section hot and cold sweats, dizziness, snot streaming down my face, gasping for breath
    Started stage 1 reasonably okay but ended up limping down barely able to stay on the bike
    Went back to the start and flaked out in the back of the car for the rest of the afternoon
    Need to return next year as the stages seemed spot on in terms of technicality and my (normal) ability

Big shout out to all those who high fived little Milo on the road after the pub on Saturday who was helping direct people the right way, whoever it was did it while wheelying, YOU MADE HIS DAY!

Can’t claim the wheelie but his high five and beaming grin kept me going at a point where I was considering throwing in the towel, so thanks Milo

samcamsdad

Results are up on sportident website.
    29th in masters for me, 78th overall. Very happy with that. 😀

JohnnyPanic

Big shout out for the marshall with the cowbell at the start of Stage 2… Would sir like the cowbells?

Brilliant.

slimporcini
    Free Member

That’s a mint result samscamsdad. Nice one! I finished 70th in the senior class and 210th overall. Buzzing! Best result yet for me.

Kahurangi

I had a great run down S1, everything else was ok. Happy enough with my placing, 19:36.

Pretty impressed by the event overall. Only thing really missing was a mid-route feed stop.

rhid

It was a fantastic event. 39th in the All mountain event on the saturday so I am not disappointed, I have a stupid crash on the flat trail to the top of stage 5 which robbed me of a few mins I reckon. I have no idea what happened. It was nice to do it in the sun after last years misty damp affair, however seeing how far you have to climb on some of the long climbs was a bit disheartening!

The event village was brilliant and really nice to not have to pay over the odds for food from the catering van. Well done to all involved. I will be back next year (with bigger wheels for extra speed- possibly).

woody2000

Pinch flats on stages 1 & 3 bolloxed my time up, lost about 13 minutes i reckon. Still in no danger of troubling the fast boys flats or not, but a pain in the arris nonetheless! Great weekend though, every stage was clearly well thought out and the whole event went like clockwork. I’ll be back next year – tubeless 🙂

beano68
    Free Member

Where do you find the pics for the weekend ?

fathomer

271st in the end, having never done anything competitive before I’m happy with that. I was hoping for top half, so mission accomplished.

colournoise

Great event. Stages were superb. Transitions were horrible. Didn’t help that overnight from Saturday I picked up some virusy thing. Spent the event feeling slightly sick and with absolutely no energy – after stage 1 pretty much had to walk every bit of uphill and had no power for any pedally bits. Was never going to trouble the podium, but a bit disappointed in my times nonetheless.

Having said that, still enjoyed the downhill bits and will be staying up to get my entry for next year.

mintimperial

494th overall, 210th in Masters.
    22:54.15 total
    S1 6:22.47
    S2 3:44.77
    S3 5:11.82
    S4 4:34.51
    S5 3:00.58

Relatively rubbish in the grand scheme of things, but I felt I rode everything about as fast as I could have, apart from taking a detour on S3, so I’m pretty happy with it. Great organisation, bigger than last year, better course, and better weather. Cracking event. 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘So how did you do in the ardrock? And what a great event!’ is closed to new replies.