Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • So, Bontrager 24/12. Who's in ?
  • bigsi
    Free Member

I'll be there with 4 others doing the 24 hour team event (3 Hummers & a Coke Can).

Hopefully the course will be back to the 2008 spec as i felt this was much better and alot more fun than last years "wet course".

Who else from on here is going ?

Sam

Yep – 24 for Team Singular

stumpy01

Yeah – I'll be there in a team of 4 – team piecep..

Gonna suffer as not done much riding this year.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Yup 24 solo debut here. Looking forward to it! Just ordered waterproof shorts and leg warmers so you can thank me for the dry race later!

Also fundraising for CLIC if anyone fancies donating a few quid 🙂

http://www.cyclistno1.co.uk/garyrides24

njee20
    Free Member

12 hour pair, one of the many Beyond Mountain Bikes teams there.

Anthony
    Free Member

Torchbearer Pair. Newnham Newbie.

thomthumb
    Free Member

yep. pumped for it. did a solo last summer, this year i have brought the same amount of food, a comfy deck chair, a case of beer and am on a team of 6.

8)

totally pumped for it though. racing with a few good friends, one of which is a 24hr race first-timer.

Saccades
    Free Member

/me waves…

GaryLake
    Free Member

(What tyres… :P)

Jim_Kirk
    Free Member

Im in, mixed team of four, 24 hrs.

My folks live 20 mins away, bring mud tyres….

njee20
    Free Member

Nah you won't need mud tyres at Newnham!

xc-steve
    Free Member

Shall give you all an update of the conditions after tonight's ride… but its looking like it'll be a wet one! (wet but not muddy)

glenncampbell

An update would be very welcome XC-Steve! Can't believe it's raining after the past few weeks of great weather . . . . . .

GaryLake
    Free Member

I've all but resigned to fact that the 2.1 Small block 8s are going to swapped for the 2.1 high rollers.

robdeanhove
    Free Member

24 solo here

SB8s are staying firmly on for now….

phildowling
    Free Member

24 Solo for me, running grippy front and fast rear of some sort. Had almighty off in the woods last year soloing and got picked up by a guy in a totoo…(no idea how to spell that, although it's not often i type it…)so going for at least steering ability.

Rob on Kenda's is a display and a half after the win at Set2Rise on them i was well impressed.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I did newnham on mud tyres once 😳 Never again 😯

GaryLake
    Free Member

Is the course staying pretty firm then? Bristol is getting a lot of rain but the ground seems to just guzzle it up and it's dries so quickly – same there?

mudman3
    Free Member

torchbearer solo for me!!
    Raced the fully sussed evening series last week (thurs) It was p*ssing it down & parts were absolutely bogging but should be ok by sat

xc-steve
    Free Member

Hi Gary, yeah that's pretty much the case for down here, so your small block's should be fine (what I'm currently riding), shall state if its looking like its getting any softer.

hidetherum
    Free Member

Team: Schadenfreude Four
    We've entered the 12 hour mixed this time, so just half a race really ;o)
    Fire XC pros for the mix of surfaces.

trusslebabes
    Free Member

Riding Torchbearer with Anthony *same as above* this is my first ever mtb race, very excited about it now, bobbing myself on saturday about 10pm 😀

vings
    Free Member

I'll be entering the pain cave courtesy of 12 hour pairs. It's hoofing it down here in Exeter at the moment, but the forecast seems to indicate that Friday onwards will be dry but cloudy. I think I'll be on the Spesh Captains, but I'll take the Bonty Mud-Xs with me. See you tonight XC-Steve!

spooky_b329

I'm with Jim…

In all our club has about 16 riders attending in various categories. Look out for a motley collection of tents, campers and a caravan 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

torchbearer solo for me!!

I did that last year, good fun.

Think we've got 55 riders in all, crazy!

Saccades
    Free Member

We've had a rider drop out in the just for fun catagory, reckon it'll be hard to grab an extra rider on the day?

julianwilson
    Free Member

I'll be entering the pain cave

😆

24hr team here, with as-yet unrecovered-from injuries/illnesses looming. I might have a place spare depending on recovery/flakiness!

In all, our camp consists of vings in his 'pain cave', another 12hr pair, a 12hr team, 12hr solo and a 24hr team. 14 of us altogether, should be nice and silly.

Bedds
    Free Member

Yep.. doing 12 hour pairs… have been suffering a cold for the past month since the little un started at Nursery.. I think this may hurt a little 😉

Loved last year though, hoping for more of the same this 🙂

jazid
    Free Member

Yup, Team Sticky Buns has a 5 man + 5 woman team entered. Here's hoping that half of the team have had enough recovery time after the etape last weekend (not what I call tapering!)

Will bring along my Fire xc's for the wet, muddy stuff just incase.

Being my first time racing here, can anyone shed any light on the typical Bonty24 course in comparison to Mayhem or SITS?

I'm looking forward to the drive with all the school holiday traffic too!

GaryLake
    Free Member

Glorious up here in Bristol, how's things down there?

Forecast seems to improve all the time, let's hope tomorrow's showers aren't up to much!

Zipster
    Free Member

I'm in – Torchbearer 12 – "The Zippy Mule" 🙂

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Nice and sunny in North Devon today.

I'm 24-masters with Julian Wilson, 2 newbie racers and our Ironman ringer (who was admitted to hospital for 24hour IV antibiotics yesterday 😯 )

I'm gonna come down on Thursday night and make a weekend of it. Anyone else about?

timraven

Team Raven will be there, just the 12hr for us beers at midnight 😆

We've got 2 newbies with us, always good for a laugh.

Planning to get there Friday afternoon.

Fuzzyfelt
    Free Member

4 SPAM pairs doing the 12hr plus a few others in teams or solo. First time for me, looking forward to it!

xc-steve
    Free Member

DIdn't get out riding last night initially the rain put me of, then I decided sitting in front of my toilet for a couple hours was a better hobby than riding my bike darn lunch!

Its sunny/windy today so should dry up some of those puddles, aiming to ride later this week so shall update this here when I know anything more!

vings
    Free Member

I now have hurty ribs following an unscheduled dismount last night. Gonna have to MTFU for the weekend I think. The ground was absolutely soaking in Plymouth last night. Ride was more bog-snorkeling than MTBing.

njee20
    Free Member

Not had a drop of rain up here, stupid country!

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Nice and sunny in North Devon today.

That may have changed considerably in the last few minutes.

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

12 hour solo here, cant wait !

scottishbadger
    Free Member

12hr pair with Njee20. He'll probably end up throwing stuff at me as I puff my way round!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘So, Bontrager 24/12. Who's in ?’ is closed to new replies.