Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Smelly cyclists
  • Anna-B
    Free Member

Who’d have thought things could get any worse as a cyclist?

Get out, you smell

Having been on numerous group rides, I can’t say I remember anyone smelling vile…. Fair enough, or more victimisation of cyclists?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

some niffers round the peak today

brakes
    Free Member

there’s not much really happening in Salisbury is there?

http://www.salisburyjournal.co.uk/news/salisbury/grass_cut_on_local_common_a_day_late

rOcKeTdOg

my wet shoes stink after a day sat in the car in the sunshine

Woody
    Free Member

Fit runners who stopped for refreshment after 6 miles cycling ?!!

GGB_Andrew
    Free Member

Definitely victimisation of cyclists (although I might not be entirely fresh smelling after my rides!)

She said: “We’d never been so insulted in our lives.”

No one off this forum then.

jamesb
    Free Member

Reminds me of a local Michelin 1* near me, country pub, went in during (tandem ) ride to get a drink, studiously ignored for a long time, eventually served when another customer commented on how expensive tandems were (= chink chink for pub). Never went back again

nickc

Went to the cycle show at Earls Court. Cyclists smell

Woody
    Free Member

Surely they couldn’t all have ponged and they don’t look the types to have a ‘blazing saddles’ moment after a gallon of Guinness and a dodgy doner the night before.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Sweat in synthetic shirts does pong.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Done loads of road races this year and there is always someone ‘rumping up’ in the bunch, even at 20 + mph.

Have a few stinkers in our club as well.

They were all probably sat around sharing an 80p coke between them and taking up half the pub.

Junkyard
    Free Member

not after a 6 mile pootle but yeah if i actually ride i assume we all have a bath /shower afterwards surely. i certainly would not wear the same base layer twice without washing.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

…seriously, we have lads turn up (the same ones) for club runs in winter when its cold and they stink. Like they dont wash their gear from the previous ride or sommat.

fizzer
    Free Member

We had a stinker out on our club ride last Saturday. I always worry other people think its me even though I know its not. There used to be a bad case at circuit training a while back too.

martymac

its not just “some cyclists”,
    i drive a bus and we get a few stinkers on there too.
    i had to stop on the A1 one evening and ask a guy to put his shoes back on, they were totally stinking.
    when he refused, i was forced to turn on the air con full blast (it was january).

Woody
    Free Member

The only time I have seen my ‘mate’ at work gag was when he took a shoe off of a cyclist with a suspected # ankle. Hard to describe but it surpassed ‘cheesey’ and went straight to ‘ammonia’. Absolutely vile.

samuri
    Free Member

I bet just one of them was wearing an unwashed shirt. That’d do it.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Smelly cyclists’ is closed to new replies.