Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Sleep – can you have too much?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

IME you can’t put your head down and say “I’m going to sleep now” if you don’t need it

IME, you can! It doesn’t end up like normal sleep though, just a fug of dozing and bizarre hallucinations 🙂

Cougar

What if your wife wants to have sex with you while you sleep?

Seems he’s got this covered:

At some point this year I expect to be splashing out on an expensive mattress.

Cougar

coffeeking – Member

How can you deliberately sleep? IME you can’t put your head down and say “I’m going to sleep now”

I think I might see where the issue lies here… (-:

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ononeorange

I never seem to get enough sleep. I can usually just go straight off anywhere – I use my commute as a good opportunity, but on the days when some blasted gasbag sits next to me I do really feel tired for the rest of the day. 7.5-8 hours max is all I can usually squeeze in, but if left to my own devices will happily go on for up to 12 hours. If less than 7 hours, I am a confused stumbling bad-tempered automaton.

I also inherited from my grandfather a remarkable ability to wake up pretty much to the minute when I want without an alarm – and tell the time without looking at a watch pretty much to the minute as well. A great trick! Don’t know how all that fits in with the 90 minute cycle thing, though.

I have no other talents whatsoever.

Edukator
    Free Member

I feel better on lots of sleep. Madame has got used to this and leaves me to my siesta (when not tempted to join in) knowing I’ll be far more productive after than if I try to struggle on.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’m with frank and ooo.I can ‘Martini’ sleep…any time,any place,anywhere.I can do the wake up without alarm clock trick aswell.
    We must be sleep gifted.

weirdnumber
    Free Member

I struggle to sleep more than 8 hours in a night, after that I automatically wake up and staying in bed makes me feel horrible for the rest of the day. On days off I prefer a shorter main sleep then an afternoon nap of 35 minutes.
    My afternoon nap always feels like very productive sleep. I fall asleep within a minute or so and after waking experience about 45 minutes of sleep enertia but then feel extremely refreshed for the remainder of the day.
    Often my night sleeps are plagued with horrific nightmares (usually involving me being stabbed, sometimes I wake because of muscle spasms that feel like I am really being stabbed) that prevent me from feeling refreshed in the morning. I always make sure I wind down before bed as well, tv is off at least an hour before I go to sleep.
    I also tend to nap on the train to and from work, usually about 10 or 15 minutes each time.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Doesn’t your brain start to slow down when you sleep for long hours every night and don’t do much during the day??… I think it’s caused by a lack of stimuli.

Keva
    Free Member

I slept the best part of eleven hours a night for the best part of a month when I was driving round New Zealand. Sleep is ace.

It doesn’t end up like normal sleep though, just a fug of dozing and bizarre hallucinations

it’s called dreaming! 😉

Kev

Rorschach
    Free Member

Doesn’t your brain start to slow down when you post on STW for long hours every day and don’t do much at work during the day??… I think it’s caused by a lack of stimuli.

That would explain a lot about the quality of posts on here…..

BigJohn

I slept the best part of eleven hours a night for the best part of a month when I was driving round New Zealand

You weren’t taking part in the sheep census were you?

Keva
    Free Member

haha, nope. When I wasn’t out hiking and mountain biking I was driving from town to town and looking for places to camp. I was in bed asleep by 21:30 most nights and up around 08:00 in the morning. I probably felt the healthiest I’ve ever been.

Kev

coffeeking
    Free Member

I think I might see where the issue lies here… (-:

🙂 I’ve tried removing that stimulus. I can honestly say that makes absolutely zero difference to my sleeping, even if I have a fresh one when I go to bed.

I tried that sleep app last night, didn’t realise I moved about so much in my sleep – seem to have some sort of activity every hour.

traindriver
    Free Member

I also have a lot of sleep now. I have to adapt my new lifestyle because of my work. After taking Vitamins for a month, I observed that I now spend most of my time sleeping for 12 hrs. And I like it. I can rest very well.

Kryton57

I’d like more sleep please. Jnr’s getting up at 4-5am to either go to the loo / tell us he’s wet the bed (we are nightime potty training, sigh, plus my own er “No 2” cycle has changed so that I need to get up at 3am for a poo. :-/

Rorschach
    Free Member

I went to bed a 6.30 yesrterday (headache) and woke up 20 minutes ago…..and I feel GREAT!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Been trying that app some more. I move about a LOT at night, but you can’t wake me up for toffee!

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Sleep – can you have too much?’ is closed to new replies.