Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Skoda Yeti
  • stox
    Free Member

Looking to change our Fabia Vrs for something a little bigger.
    Yeti was too of the list – been to see one today and we are very impressed with it.

If the numbers were a bit closer for the part ex we would have probably done a deal.

Just looking for any STW yeti owe bets past or present and what your experiences were…

I might have a Fabia Vrs SE advert in the for sale section tomorrow 😉

k-sugden
    Free Member

Hi I have a 170 Elegance very impressed with it tow my 1450kg caravan without issue does 47 mpg on a run and averages 42 its quiet, reasonably comfortable and fast enough to make me smile. Just be careful where you buy it from check the dealer reviews on britskoda. Ours came from Clay Bank in Manchester and I can safely say they have the worst customer service i have ever had the displeasure to encounter. Skoda uk are on the case for me and even they can’t get them to return their calls.

markrh
    Free Member

Had one for three and a half years, great car.

jambalaya
    Free Member

They are selling like hot cakes here and abroad so something must be right. They are pretty popular in Switzerland fyi so I imagine they go well in poor road conditions. I would have one myself but I think the styling is a little blunt plus they are holding their value very well so too pricey, I’ll probably get another Rav4.

djglover
    Free Member

Great car, perfect all rounder.. Only issue is ours has a few rattles at 4 years / 40k miles, but other than that no complaints.

MoreCashThanDash

I was always a little disappointed with the size of the boot when we’ve looked at them, but we prefer lower longer boots (estate type) rather than taller, less deep boots (like MPVs)

We were very surprised by how nice the Roomster was to drive when we tried one, though coming from a vrs, you may have different expectations. And you can’t see it from the inside.

(Currently a 2 Skoda family, Octavia and Fabia.)

stox
    Free Member

MCTD – we also have an octavia vrs estate so we don’t need too much space … Just a little more than the fabia to make it easier with the baby and the pram etc.

Thanks for the replies so far. If anybody is interested in a lovely special edition Fabia Vrs I’m in the North East 🙂

ski99

I’ve had 4 Yeti’, 3 170 Elegance’s and a 140. I went from the 140 into a new Audi A4 and was so unimpressed with the A4 I ordered a 170 to replace it when the time came 6 months later. The 140 was just as quick in most situations, but the 170 was better when laden. Both high 40’s mpg without trying.

If you can find one with the speaker upgrade that’s def’ worth it, and the sunroof is a nice option. I wouldn’t worry about (or buy) one that has the spare wheel/tyre option as that raises the boot floor by about 10 inches. I regularly removed all 3 rear seats and used it as a small van.

Great car, even considering buying one now I don’t have cheap access to VW products.

footflaps

Check out the Kia Sportage, same quality build. but not as expensive….

NB We’ve had both Yetis and Sportages as company cars (and pretty much everything else in both fleets).

kcal

what’s the depreciation like on the Kias?

not sure how parts (and requirement for them) cost on Skoda, but my local garage was pretty wary of the cost of Kia parts (and the smaller market in pattern parts, quite possibly).

stox
    Free Member

Check out the Kia Sportage, same quality build. but not as expensive….

Thanks but I’m not looking for a car recommendation!
    I have Been in a sportage -seems a nice car but it’s not for me, and the boot is too small.

footflaps

what’s the depreciation like on the Kias?

not sure how parts (and requirement for them) cost on Skoda, but my local garage was pretty wary of the cost of Kia parts (and the smaller market in pattern parts, quite possibly).

Not sure on depreciation (as we get company cars). Re parts, as Kia are newer in the UK, there are less non OEM parts about, but they do have a better warranty (7 years in UK, 10 in US) on non wear and tear faults, so in theory you shouldn’t be paying for anything other than tyres and brake pads etc.

stox
    Free Member

Deal done … Should be collecting the Yeti tomorrow.
    we’ll be sad to see the fabia vrs go as its a brilliant car.
    Thanks for the comments.

mudshark
    Free Member

Update with how you get on. I’m currently a happy Roomster owner but will consider a Yeti in the future when I need less boot room.

stox
    Free Member

Update with how you get on.

Certainly. Will throw a few pics in too 🙂

john_drummer
    Free Member

I’m looking at a new (to me) car soon, and Yeti is definitely on my list. will be interesting to see how you get on.

(out & out boot size is important to me but not critical, as long as it’s bigger than a Citroen C4! I know that the Yeti rear seats fold right up to the back of the front seats thus leaving a large square-ish cargo space, and can be removed completely to make an even bigger space in a “van with windows”)

stox
    Free Member

Yeti’s here! I know they are are a car that divide opinion – you either love them or hate them so I’m well prepared for that!
    This is a special edition (Urban) Yeti which has around £2500 of extras so it has DAB, full colour sat nav, Bluetooth, park sensors, the Matterhorn alloys etc etc. This came with either the 1.2TSI petrol or the 2.0 110bhp turbo diesal which I was concerned wouldn’t pull a hen off a nest but in all fairness it seems perfectly capable and since we also have an Octavia Vrs we don’t need the Yeti to be any more powerful.

For those interested here’s a quick picture. I’ll quite happily report back after a months use or so.

chewkw
    Free Member

Nice Yeti I like!

How much?

😀

andytherocketeer

looks good.

was going to trade my Leon for an Octavia or Yeti (all 3 based on same platform). need to trade off 6 hour autobahn cruise vs 4WD up mountains (esp. in winter) and ground clearance.
    need to be able to get my skis and bike inside. in the Leon, 181cm skis *just* fit diagonally with spit fold down with tails wedged between rear door and flipped up seat base. The Yeti *looks* like it’s smaller in that respect.

might need to take my bike and skis down to the Skoda dealer.

stox
    Free Member

Nice Yeti I like!

How much?

Run a search on Autotrader! 🙂

john_drummer
    Free Member

basic S models with a 1.2 petrol engine and reasonable mileage can now be got for about 8k.

base model “E” very rare, steel wheels. S models come with basic air con & alloys, SE gets cruise control, rear parking sensors & climate control. SE Plus gets sat nav on top of SE, and Elegance gets leather seats. Top spec Laurin & Klement gets fancy sound system and other extra toys.
    Spare tyre not standard but if there is one it’ll eat into the boot space

2010 SE models can be got for under £10k

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Skoda Yeti’ is closed to new replies.