Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Sitting on a deserted beach watching the sunset …
  • Sue_W
    Free Member

Just me and the dog … with the calls of the oystercatchers as they scurry along the edge of the sea, the last of the boats sailing back in, and the sun starting to set over Anglesey.

Time to forget all the day-to-day stress and worries, and realise that most of the time most of us are pretty lucky to have simple things that bring joy to our lives (and yes, that does include riding bikes!)

derekrides
    Free Member

Amen to that, just back from the beach myself, probably the last warm Saturday for a while, chucked a pebble and it skipped five times..

LadyGresley
    Free Member

That sounds so idyllic Sue, wish I was doing the same.

oldgrump08
    Free Member

We used to go to Anglesey, stayed a beach just down from Church Bay. Beautiful, peaceful, so restful. You anywhere round there?

higthepig
    Free Member

Very jealous, i’m 2 floors underground and not sure what it is like outside, another hour and I’ll be able to ride home in the dark. Picked the wrong week to be working days this week I think………..

donsimon
    Free Member

Nice, there are some really beautiful spots out that way.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

kawato
    Free Member

conversely. i just got back from trying to refit my pedal to my ‘now cross-threaded’ XTR crank which randomly fell off on a climb on a cold, wet, foggy afternoon on Cragg Quarry. If you’ve been up there you will know that although the Lancashire moors have a strange beauty to thim on horrible days like today, trying to refit a pedal that just won’t go in truly puts paid to any romanticism the setting can provide. Oddly though, just as i was going to give up on said pedal, i looked up onto the scree slope in front of me and a single red balloon floated across the trail and then with a bit of encouragement from the wind, floated down into the reservoir below. Cheered me right up it did!

iDave
    Free Member

what CFH withdrew ^^ 😉

donsimon
    Free Member

kawato earlier.

What did Flashy say?

motorman
    Free Member

I’m lucky enough to be able to combine both, bikes & beach sunsets most evenings 🙂 great isn’t it……I’m just getting ready to watch the sunset tonight & try out my new 1600 lumen lights on the way home 8)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c5ebTjp8-c[/video]

Kevevs
    Free Member

hey you’ve stolen my previous chilled beachy thread! chilling on a darkening, deserted beach with a dog wombling about is proper relaxing. Swish-Swosh 🙂 Like your style Kawato.

Sue_W
    Free Member

No idea what CFH said, but it was obviously something so wonderfully positive that he felt obliged to remove such excess of emotion before anyone saw it 😉

oldgrump08 – I’m not on Anglesey but by the beach over by the Great Orme so looking out over Puffin Island with the sun going down behind Anglesey

derekrides: ‘five skips’ – good going! Don’t think I’ve ever manged anything more than an inadequate two …

motorman – how cool is your bike!!! Jealous you can combine bikes and beaches.

Kev – sorry for usurping your sunset, dogs and beaches topic 🙂

Kevevs
    Free Member

no worries. the more the better! I’m getting interested in Coastkids fatbike- riding on beaches and stuff. A fatbike would be spot on around here riding about on the beaches.

RustySpanner

Ta for that Sue. Having a bad day, but you’ve just put things into perspective.

I’ve been all over the place, but North Wales is probably the most beautiful.
    Hope you enjoyed your sunset.

Love the shell strewn beach at Aber as the sun goes down.

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Sorry, belatedly realised you couldn’t be on Anglesey to see the sun dropping behind it! Duh. Could do with being by the sea now…..

Five skips. Pfft.

motorman
    Free Member

What a great ride…nice swoopy Scots Pine singletrack on way out, coffee on a deserted beach watching the sun go down, then night riding, dune rolling all the way home to chocolate pudding & double cream 😀 Only thing missing was my dog, but he was still tired from an earlier walk today 😆 🙄

Sue_W
    Free Member

motorman – life doesn’t get better than that!

sharkbait
    Free Member

Amen to that Sue. Further on, on the peninsula, from you but a great day. Woke to rain against the windows but spent the afternoon lying on the beach trying not to fall asleep in the sun. Spent the evening with friends having a mellow couple of bottles of red while the kids played. Doesn’t get much better.
    Probably the last decent weekend we’ll get here but back in a few weeks come rain or shine.
    There’s something about the sea that just soothes the mind and temporarily makes the bad stuff go away.
    Surfing tomorrow… That will focus the mind.

Ambrose

hey- chin up guys, next week is supposed to be great weather.

If I could, I’d be in Rhosneigr- so many happy memories.

Edukator
    Free Member

Just out of idle interest Sue, did you post your opening post from some sort of mobile device or when you got home?

Sue_W
    Free Member

Edukator – mobile device (iphone) on the beach. Had taken it out to take some photo’s and then decided to post on here and share the love 😉

Other posts were after I got back home ‘cos I was too happy strolling on the beach to want to sit there on my iphone!

z1ppy

I was jealous as I read the title as “Sitting on a desert beach watching the sunset“, then I saw you said Anglesey in the OP and was throughly relieved 😉

alpin
    Free Member

Sitting on a deserted beach watching the sunset …

whilst tapping away at my iphone to inform people of how tanquil it is here without the trappings of everyday life….

irony?

Sue_W
    Free Member

Alpin – ironic, yes slightly 😉

And I was aware of that at the time. But then I guess it took about 5 minutes, and the other 2 hours were mainly spent gazing out to sea, apart from taking a few photo’s … in which case, do cameras count as technological trappings which detract from tranquility as well?

alpin
    Free Member

how long does it take for the sun to go down where you are? do you live in Finnland?

Sue_W
    Free Member

Alpin, stop being so grumbly 🙂

It was just a lovely, chilled out few hours spent on the beach as the sun went from late afternoon shadows to a glowing sunset which left me feeling relaxed, less stressed, and grateful that I get pleasue and enjoyment from such simple things 🙂

mamadirt
    Free Member

Have another beer Alpin 😉

Edukator
    Free Member

Being a lazy ski-tourer I often just skin up the local resort and take the skins off when I get to the top lift. In the time it takes to get the skins off and boots tightened I get to observe the habits of the skiers and boarders.

When mobile phones appeared they used to ring their mum/mate/colleage and announce, “allo, c’est moi, devine où je suis?”. A few years later they froze their hands typing out SMSes to the effect of “6 plc Grette c Gnial A+”. Recently I’ve noticed they take a photo and send it. Have you started a new trend Sue? Posting on forums from exotic places. Will I see people standing around for ten minutes at a time as they share their sensations with their virtual mates?

emsz
    Free Member

*Has jealousy*

luv sitting by the sea, Sue W have you been to Norflok, the beaches there are sooo lush

Vortexracing

Sounds like a nice night Sue

Took this the other week whilst at my mother in laws caravan @ Aberconwy park. Loverly part of the world, as nice as the Lakes when the weather is in your favour.

DSCF0092 by eastham_david, on Flickr

donsimon
    Free Member

luv sitting by the sea, Sue W have you been to Norflok, the beaches there are sooo lush

Mountains aren’t up to much though. 🙁

motorman
    Free Member

One from my last beach bivi…

sharkbait
    Free Member

From yesterday’s walk (poor phone unfortunately)

Sue_W
    Free Member

Emsz – yup love the beaches in Norfolk – my folks live over their so I go there quite often. Lovely place for road cycling and, although DS is right and it’s a bit lacking in mountains, it does have Thetford Forest which is great for mtb’ing.

Great beach sunset photo’s guys 🙂

Keep the pictures coming – your favourite beach, sunset and bikes optional!

motorman
    Free Member

How about sunrises too 🙂

sharki
    Free Member

Utter bliss Sue.

I had a few of them last year, well pretty much one every day through the spring and summer.

But i must say the Autumn sunsets and sunrises are much more special, richer in colour.

My last beach bivvi on Saturday night, was 80ft up on a cliff, 8ft from the edge, lovely starry sky turned to a very wet early morning wake up.

I know only too well, the therapy that such experiences give to us.
    A few beach shots from last year to share.

motorman
    Free Member

Great pics Sharki
    Where is that last one, looks familiar 😉

Duggan

Sharki, that looks ace

sharki
    Free Member

Last one is along Burghead to Findhorn beach, on the edge of i think Roseisle woods.

By chance if i went precisely north from the point i slept on saturday night, and travelled north to where i spent alot of the winter n Scotland, i’d arrive almost right where Roberta sits on that grassy dune over looking the sea.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Sitting on a deserted beach watching the sunset …’ is closed to new replies.