Viewing 19 posts - 121 through 139 (of 139 total)
  • Singular Puffin frames where the hell are they
  • scotroutes

Wheels should get a bit cheaper now that the new Halo rims are available. Tyre choices are better now too (and due to explode later in the year when Maxxis and Panaracer come on stream)

ionofchios
    Free Member

Can anyone, maybe Sam, comment on clearance for BFL on 80 mm rim in rear? I know it’s specified as compatible, but would like to know if anyone’s actually tried it, and how much clearance there is.

I’m planning a Puffin build, which I will ride on the beach quite a lot, so want as much floatation as possible on sand. I’ve a hunch BFLs are the tyre of choice for such an application – also, secretly thinking to myself that a BFL on 100 mm rim might squeeze its way in;)

s-keeper

err silly question… does the ebb come pregreased? dont really want to disassemble the race face cranks and bb to find out!

letmetalktomark

Mine wasn’t, but then I didn’t expect it to be.

Surely a 5 minute job to remove cranks, leave the BB in place, light grease shell and refit?

eddie11
    Free Member

Grease or copperslip?

Dr_UpGrade
    Free Member

Is any other kickstarter backer ‘still’ waiting for the delivery of theirs, or is it only me..? I know I’m in foreign parts, but Austria isn’t that much of a hinterland is it?

Have emailed Sam, but nothing back yet…

wwaswas

First ride on mine today.

Fun on the singletrack! Those tyres love flicking sheep and cow poo up though.

letmetalktomark

I’ve finally had time to build up my Puffin frame.

Only had a short pootle out and still got a lot of playing to do regarding tyre pressures, bar height etc

Sizing wise its a perfect fit. I don’t think it looks like an XL.

Its very smile inducing 8)

No planned changes imminent but one thing I would like to try in the future is an Absolute Black rear cluster extender to give a lower geared option without having to go 2×10.

As pictured it weighs 32lb on the nose weighed in my LBS.

riddoch

Just for completeness my budget build (well thats my excuse for the pink tyres).

wwaswas

I prefer the pink tyres to that bloody rockery letmetalktomark insists on posting every time he gets a new bike 😉

riddoch

I carefully chose a non garden based photo-shoot location to avoid any reminders to cut the grass, etc 😀

letmetalktomark

I now take the pics in front of the “herb bed” just for you wwaswas 😆 😉

riddoch

I was looking through the frame details on singulars site, what happened to the rear rack mounts?

wwaswas

I now take the pics in front of the “herb bed” just for you wwaswas

You’ll be pleased to know it’s even followed me onto Facebook via the Singular page 🙂

swavis

Here’s a few of mine. I’m really liking it, a bit more nimble than the Muk 🙂

riddoch

Just weighed mine for a laugh, 17.5kg or 38.5lb in old money. I have to say that the weight really isn’t noticeable when riding.

Sam

So, they’re here, people like them, BUY ONE!

postierich
    Free Member

Any puffin badges knocking about I have bought a frame as new one but no head badge!

riddoch

Sam was sending out the badges separately to the frames. Could try dropping him a line to see if has any spare.

Viewing 19 posts - 121 through 139 (of 139 total)

The topic ‘Singular Puffin frames where the hell are they’ is closed to new replies.