Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Singular Gryphon – Can I have a look at yours please
  • Sam

And another customer build – this one from Phil.

Phil’s Gryphon by Singular Cycles, on Flickr

tazzymtb

Sam is this revenge for SSUK and me making you feel a bit poorly in the morning? my credit card is weeping quietly and hiding at the moment….damn YOU!!

Ringo
    Free Member

What size would you recommend for me Sam? I’m 5’10”, 32″ inside leg.

igm

tazzymtb – Member
    Sam is this revenge for SSUK and me making you feel a bit poorly in the morning? my credit card is weeping quietly and hiding at the moment….damn YOU!!

Tazzy – my credit card would like to start a support group as it is also being made to feel distinctly worried by this thread.

tazzymtb

😀

OCB
    Free Member

Here’s another picture of mine, which might help you make your mind up …

… although about what, I’ll leave to you.

😉

swavis

Another pic of mine 😀

2011_12_11_IMG_1710 by GavinBelton, on Flickr

Did I mention they’re superb fun… 😉

paul4stones

Tazzy – On One adventure bike

(You know we like samples – I’ve got one. Shhh 😉 )

OCB
    Free Member

On One adventure bike

Hello Kitty FTW!

tazzymtb

paul4stones- you can go off people you know 😉

Nipper99
    Free Member

I’ll try and get a picture of my Gryphon up when I can work out how. I had Rik’s frame. Built up as 1×10 (11/36) as it pretty hilly here, S. Wales, and built on the robust side i.e American Classic All Mountain wheels etc so more mtb rather than cross. Much better on the rocky stuff than I expected and flies around stuff like the Gorlech red at Brechfa, even the final descent – goes around the berms like its on rails. The drops (Luxey bars)are way more comfy and you are defintly ‘locked’ into the drops when on the descents. I’m off to do the Gap in the Beacons at the w/e which is kind of the type of route I had in mind when I built it so we’ll see how we get on.

birdage

I love riding my orthopaedic shoe pretty much does everything it’s not designed to do but then I love my Swift too. Don’t know what kind of shoe it is though?

thekingofsweden

Taz just for the record if I only had one bike especially Singulars(I’ve got a few ! )
    The Gryphon definately rules them all and it’s the one I would keep for doing everything very well.
    Hydro drops are currently off having a winter rebuild and remodel as they need finishing.
    However to prove the versatility of the Gryph it’s currently running J Bars and it’s absolutely fantastic like that too.

🙂

Rik
    Free Member

Glad you love it Nipper but it ’twas not for I, it was one of the best looking bikes I owed though. It’s replacement is a lot more road focused with the option of off road lanes, rather than the other way round.

Nipper99
    Free Member

thanks Rik, def not now road focused!

Sam

Ringo – probably the 53 in a Peregrine.

Gavin – did I not get a headbadge up to you?

yetitony
    Free Member

Just finished my Gryphon build.
    Couple of pics from first rides…

Urban Ride by Yeti Tony, on Flickr
    Urban Spin…

Sea Wall Ride on the Gryphon by Yeti Tony, on Flickr
    Sea Wall Ride…

cupra
    Free Member

What size gryphon is everyone riding? I’m just under 5 11 with a 32 inside leg and ride a medium swift but the gryphon geometry confuses me a bit.

igm

The same basically Cupra. Sam effectively designed the frame so if you take a large Swift, you’ll want a large Gryphon. Likewise with medium.

cupra
    Free Member

Ta. Shame they are out of stock.

miranmtb
    Free Member

I am also interested in medium Gryphon.
    Any news from Sam on when they will be back in stock?

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Have you tried singlespeed.nl?

Nipper99
    Free Member

Im 5’10” and have about 32 inside leg and a large gryphon which seems fine to me.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

My old swift with drops,

BB7 road brakes worked a treat with the campy levers

Ringo
    Free Member

I got a medium with a king headset £300 posted of anyone wants it

igm

Shep – nice paint job.

iamconfusedagain
    Free Member

I am 6ft although I am really just 5’11” with a long neck and head 🙂
    I have a large, which is slightly longer than my other bikes with a 90mm stem and luxy bar. For comparison an example of another bike i have is an 18 inch inbred.

Anyway I really like the large, I tried a medium but was too small. I have not had it that long and hve only ridden it on smooth non technical singletrack, it is perfect for that.

cupra
    Free Member

Ringo -ygm.

Nipper99
    Free Member

phone 035 by jamesanderson2010, on Flickr

happy days!

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Singular Gryphon – Can I have a look at yours please’ is closed to new replies.