Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Singular buzzard anyone?
  • smartay

Anyone yet bought/ built up on these yet?

Clobber
    Free Member

Didn’t think they were available yet… Really fancy one though as a current swift owner…

What fork would you run?

pedalhead
    Free Member

I rode the prototype for a few days & it was a hoot. Surprisingly fine on the ups too.

Sam

They are in production and should be here in feb/mar – more info and pre orders coming soon!

Sam

Delivery is confirmed for late Feb/ early March so pre-orders are now open and more detailed info is up on the website. 10% discount if you get your deposit down.

http://www.singularcycles.com/shop/index.php/frames/singular-buzzard.html

Clobber
    Free Member

Any fork recommendations Sam?

keavo
    Free Member

like the idea, but bought a honzo now. one day i’m going to get a singular something:-)

jonjonjon3
    Free Member

I guess these are designed around the use of a 120mm fork, anybody any ideas what they would be like with a 100mm forks (or even rigid ones!)?

Sam

They are intended for use with a 120 to 150mm fork. If you are after a frame suited for use with a >=100mm fork then the Swift is a better option.

ton

Sam, what forks are those in the photo?

doof_doof
    Free Member

Shame no EBB or hor. drop outs in the end. The search continues.

peanut
    Free Member

Puffins next please Sam!!! 😉

ska-49
    Free Member

6.4 pounds. Bit of a porker, eh!
    I’ll definitely look at this in the future though.
    Like the ISCG tabs and geo.

Sam

No ebb or horizontals because I don’t expect this to be the sort of bike many people would want to run as a singlespeed. It’s 6.4lbs because it’s built to be strong and stiff – it’s not an XC race bike. Check the weight of other similar style of frames, Kona Honzo, Transition TransAm etc and I think you you’ll find they are in the same sort of region. The pic above is with a Marzocchi 44 fork 140mm fork, the same as what Singletrack tested it with.

Another round of Puffin drawings came through today peanut – looking good. If you are interested in helping get that off the ground just drop me a line.

Rik
    Free Member

Puffin?

What type of bike will that be?

Sam

A fat bike Rik – the somewhat scant details and drawings available so far are here.

qwerty
    Free Member

A manufacturer needs to call their fat bike a Slag

😀

Sam

As big a viz fan as I am, that sounds more like brant’s territory….

doof_doof
    Free Member

No ebb or horizontals because I don’t expect this to be the sort of bike many people would want to run as a singlespeed

Singlespeed AM/hardcore hardtails are fun, but I suspect I’m in a very small minority on that one.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Doesn’t look grrrr enough.Should have called it the Great Bustard.

Burchy1
    Free Member

[q]Singlespeed AM/hardcore hardtails are fun, but I suspect I’m in a very small minority on that one.[/q]

I’ve got a SS Dialled Alpine, which is ace but agree there wouldn’t be many riding that frame in that way.

The Buzzard would definately be worth a look if I went for a 29er, and at least with iscg tabs you could use a stinger to tension the chain if you did go SS.

Sam

at least with iscg tabs you could use a stinger to tension the chain if you did go SS.

Exactly – a pretty good solution for the small minority who want to SS it or IGH. Even being the SS denizen I am, I don’t think I’d much enjoy a Buzzard without gears…

Mbnut
    Free Member

Can I stick a Hammershmidt on it… cheers

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Singular buzzard anyone?’ is closed to new replies.