Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 136 total)
  • Singletrackworld Personal Blacklist Script
  • Klunk
    Free Member

bit of a daft question really but how do you add user names ?

Drac

Why is this thread blank?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Who said what?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    perchypanther
    Free Member

Don’t tell him Pike!

jekkyl

**adds klunk to the list**

Klunk
    Free Member

found it, and you can hard code it 😀

MSP

Well share the information.

SaxonRider

What does this thread even mean? 😐

Jamie
    Free Member

Zombie thread?

DezB
    Free Member

All the annoying ones have been weeded out.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Strong powers of necromancy at work

scotroutes

There’s a Chrome add-on for STW which has a number of features, one of which allows you to Block Users. You can choose to see that they responded, but not the content, or simply not show their posts at all.

FWIW there are number of users with whom I vehemently disagree and find their posts often offensive. However, one of the advantages of still seeing them is that I am at least aware of opinions with which I do not agree.

There is only one name in my STW block list.

wwaswas

a cliffhanger of an end to a post.

scotroutes

Did someone just post?

MSP

There’s a Chrome add-on for STW which has a number of features, one of which allows you to Block Users. You can choose to see that they responded, but not the content, or simply not show their posts at all.

FWIW there are number of users with whom I vehemently disagree and find their posts often offensive. However, one of the advantages of still seeing them is that I am at least aware of opinions with which I do not agree.

But how did you add that user?

I am using the script in firefox with grease monkey script tool, maybe it doesn’t work quite as it should, but I cannot see any way to add a user.

richmtb

While I understand why people might want to do this I can’t help thinking its a bad idea.

If we just block everyone we disagree with then we are just reinforcing the bubble we all live in.

There are lots of people on the forum whose views I disagree with, that’s one of this places strengths. Opposing view points are a good thing not something to block.

There are actually very few genuine trolls on here and they are easily ignored – just scroll down

Klunk
    Free Member

Well share the information.

firefox
    grease monkey
    blacklist script

There are actually very few genuine trolls on here and they are
    easily ignored – just scroll down

it automates the process

Installed 854 times.

which more than most stw polls 😕

hammyuk
    Free Member

Rich – you can’t just come on a thread like that and post sense.
    This is STW FFS!!

tomhoward

scotroutes – Member

Is it druidh?

richmtb

Rich – you can’t just come on a thread like that and post sense.
    This is STW FFS!!

I’d apologise but no one will see it as I’ve now been blocked!

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I’ve blocked Chewkw. His insane, prolific rambling on the Donald Trump, EU threads etc does my head in. Couple of others too.
    If they posted a bit less it’d be easier to igmore them, but about 20% of all political thread posts are theres and I get tired of scrolling past their crap

Shame it doesn’t work on my phone

DezB
    Free Member

If we just block everyone we disagree with then we are just reinforcing the bubble we all live in.

That’s utter bollocks.

MSP

I’ve blocked Chewkw. His insane, prolific rambling on the Donald Trump, EU threads etc does my head in. Couple of others too.
    If they posted a bit less it’d be easier to igmore them, but about 20% of all political thread posts are theres and I get tired of scrolling past their crap

Exactly, but how did you block him, I have the script installed but see no option to add a username to it?

Jamie
    Free Member

On the one hand I agree, but on the other there are certain posters where you just know there is no point in reading/engaging. It’s like talking to a toddler, as you cannot have a reasoned argument with them.

For the record, I only block Druidh and Onion. Complete nobs. I just wish they could be more like that Scotsroutes fella. Proper salt of the earth.

Fun fact. A feature of most modern forum software, that so many on here rail against, is actually a built in ignore function.

Klunk
    Free Member

on the firefox/grease monkey version it’s done here

or you can “hard code” into the script itself

newrobdob
    Free Member

Can you do it on an iPhone?

MSP

Thanks klunk, all working now, and certain threads are much easier to read.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Isn’t this what Donald Trump’s brain does tries to do?

funkmasterp

Would doing this not just stop threads from making any sense due to missing responses. Wait a minute……. Am I some how blocking without realising? That would explain a lot of the threads on here.

kimbers

FWIW there are number of users with whom I vehemently disagree and find their posts often offensive. However, one of the advantages of still seeing them is that I am at least aware of opinions with which I do not agree

this

munrobiker
    Free Member

Most of the people worth blocking don’t make any sense anyway – my list includes chewkw, who seems like an alright chap but his posts are just a bit nonsensical and jambalaya whose posts are all completely out of this world.

SaxonRider

It never occurred to me that I would want to block people. Not because I’m a nice, generous guy, but because I genuinely find it interesting – and indeed, sometimes even helpful! – to read the more objectionable posts.

As someone who comes from a particular religious perspective, for example, while some comments on religion here can be egregiously wrong and/or offensive, the majority of them – and I am talking about those with which I may disagree – are interesting, legitimate, and worth engaging with.

Heck, I have even come to think that Mr Woppit has his sympathetic moments! 8)

Stoner
    Free Member

GenerationSnowflakeScript?

😉

Klunk
    Free Member

who said that ?

scotroutes

Block functions can be useful on forums where personal abuse is less tightly moderated than it is on STW. I reckon we’re mostly polite and the Mods do a reasonable job of stamping on it.

chakaping
    Free Member

one of the advantages of still seeing them is that I am at least aware of opinions with which I do not agree

I don’t think anyone intends to “ignore” everyone they disagree with.

But there are certain posters who seem unable to resist posting bollocks, despite being challenged over and over again.

It’s almost like they just want the attention, to feel that somebody is taking their misguided opinions halfway seriously.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ll never “block” anyone. Despite my angst posted in “the” thread, there are too many folks on here that bring colour and light, provoke and enlighten to warrant blocking.

If they’re here, thier voice should be heard. Mentally tune it out by all means, but inhibit by blanking is (IMO) only limiting your own views and opinions.

Drac

I reckon we’re mostly polite and the Mods do a reasonable job of stamping on it.

Cheers we do try and we don’t always get it right or agree with a reported post but nice to know we’re appreciated.

We do give people time in the cooler for a bit but you’d be surprised how little that happens as 99% behave themselves it’s actually an easy enough place to mod most of the time.

andytherocketeer

I shouldn’t have to hear/see argumentative and politically incorrect/radical BS.
    The wonders of free speech also mean I have the freedom to listen or not listen. I am not limiting my views opinions. I am limiting the quantity of BS that appears with my field of vision.

Klunk
    Free Member

this is me without it 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 136 total)

The topic ‘Singletrackworld Personal Blacklist Script’ is closed to new replies.