Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Singlespeed European Champs 2017 – Roll call
  • bedmaker

Who’s in then?

Trails are currently running lovely after a few dry warm days. Swag is arriving, plans are being made, hoops are being jumped through, beer being tasted for selection, humungous tent booked, boring forms filled.

Enough places been booked to break even and a bit besides for charideee… bring on the Belgians! 🙂

Swayndo
    Free Member
    juanghia
    Free Member

Quite clearly not me…I’m actually closer to the Madrid despite being in the UK

but I wish I was 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    postierich
    Free Member

I,m tempted need a lift anyone willing to pick me up on route as I now have the week off 🙂

Need to keep costs down as I,m super skint

swavis

I’m in! Even going posh and staying at the hotel instead of the back of my van 😀

dawson

I’m in, staying in a little cottage.

Should probably do some ‘training’ (I.e drinking)

Swayndo
    Free Member

Rich stick a post on the Facebook page. Sure you’ll get a ride. Or get an over 50s rail pass and a cheap ticket and I’ll pick you up from Alness 😉

Retrodirect
    Free Member

Me me me!

tazzymtb

Yep, will be there on some multi tubed titanium thing

Andy-R

I’m not here anyway, I’ll be in that Greece.

bedmaker

Excellent. That’s four of us then! 🙂

Yep, will be there on some multi tubed titanium thing

Glad to hear it, if it was single tubed I’d worry you were turning up on a Klein MAntra. We couldn’t allow that.

sillyoldman

I’ll be there. Looking forward to it!

bedmaker

[/url]

Well that’s looking promising 😀

Looking forward to a shower of rain tomorrow to dampen down the dust, the trails are prime at the moment, just slightly marbly as it hasn’t rained in weeks.

swavis

Not long now…

I’ve bottled it and bought a 19t to replace my 18t though after seeing some of the FB updates on the course 😀

MrSparkle

Have fun. Shame it clashed with the final stage of the Giro. Good luck all – I’ll be in Milano.

dawson

Here. Reporting in. Staying at Mount Gerald. Just about to head down for a beer

epicyclo

swavis – Member
    I’ve bottled it and bought a 19t to replace my 18t though after seeing some of the FB updates on the course

Wise. I’m even more chicken and I’m running a 20, and found that hard* on today’s excursion up to the top of Fyrish.

*as in I hope I’m not going to die, it will be so embarrassing.

downhillfast
    Free Member

Think I’m running a 21 or 22T!!

epicyclo

It was brilliant but brutal, really brutal. I only managed one lap and was totally blown. Definitely the toughest single speed course I have seen (and that’s a few).

Temperatures that remind me of the North of Oz, killer descents, and lung blowing climbs.

The winners truly deserve the titles of European champions.

A lot of the field bailed at the beer stop and didn’t complete even one lap. They were the smart ones.

I got 4th equal. (Singlespeeders will understand 🙂 )

dawson

Yep, awesome weekend.

Glad someone else thought it was tough

I stopped at the beer stop too.

Melted in the heat pushing up the climbs.

Soooo much steeper ups and soooo much steeper, rooty, techy downs in comparison to my usual terrain – was a bit of an eye-opener.

Pleased with my equal 4th place too 😉

Retrodirect
    Free Member

Course was awesome but those climbs were far too tough for my puny legs.

There were a load of photographers on course. Where should I be looking for photos?

kcal

enjoyed the descents – despite having a couple of offs in each of my two laps. Had to do one after suffering on first. Enjoyed second a lot more, and was good bit quicker. Maybe I just needed to warm up?

bri-72

Warming up wasn’t an issue! Cracking weekend, just about recovered.

kcal

@Retrodirect – there are Facebook and indeed flickr albums appearing.

bedmaker

I didn’t get any photos from out on the course as was a bit busy with the beer stop.
    I did manage a few snaps from the mini Redbull Rampage on Friday night though, shortly before the ambulance had to pay a visit 😳

I’m not sure if the casualty was riding the Raleigh RSW or the Big fat Dummy as I can’t remember taking the pics.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/U5KsmV]

The Highland games were shambolic but fun.

devs
    Free Member

My first singlespeed event but not my last. It was amazing.Sure the weather helped but the ethos, camaraderie and social bias make it my kind of event. Road trip to Arnhem next year then!

epicyclo

bedmaker – Member
    The Highland games were shambolic but fun.

I felt sorry for Mark who had to go and retrieve the cannonball multiple times. His arms looked longer by the end of it. 🙂

postierich
    Free Member

Entries for SSUK17 are open and selling quite well but limited to 175 riders we need ladies to!!!

https://www.ssuk17.com

Rich

coastkid
    Free Member

Ace weekend! well done the organisers! 🙂
    wee film

[video]https://vimeo.com/219709412[/video]

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Hi,

Any more pictures/videos?

Cheers!
    I.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Singlespeed European Champs 2017 – Roll call’ is closed to new replies.