• This topic has 20 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by lunge.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Signet Rings
  • surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

What’s the deal with them, cool, classy or archaic?

I mean this…

Not this

wombat

At what age does a cygnet ring become a swan ring?

mogrim

About the time it becomes attractive, which is what the OP was already asking.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Rings are just wrong IMHO. Unless they have the language of Mordor in Elvish script that becomes visible when heated.

Others may have different views.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I don’t even like wearing a wedding ring.

wombat

About the time it becomes attractive, which is what the OP was already asking.

So….never

SaxonRider

I haven’t worn rings for years; even my wedding ring had to be cut off before surgery once. That said, I don’t think they look bad at all. Especially if they have some significance. Otherwise they can look like tat.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I hardly ever have to seal documents.

lunge

Men are allowed 2 and only 2 pieces a jewellery, a watch and a wedding ring. There is 1 exception to this and this is that you are permitted to wear a pendant, likely a crucifix if you are on a road bike, climbing a mountain, it’s 30 degrees and your jersey in undone.

Anything more is simply vulgar.

hatter

+ 1 to what Lunge said (pretty much)

onandon
    Free Member

^ yep, only a decent watch and a wedding ring. Anything else is just skank

peterfile
    Free Member

Loads of my collegues wear them. With a couple of exceptions, they’re also the ones with old volvos and houses that have their own postcode 🙂

Gunz
    Free Member

Combine one with a nice pair of red chinos and you’re good to go.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member
    joolsburger
    Free Member

I wouldn’t but I have no problem with those that do, it’s a handmedown usually isn’t it? Plain wedding band and a watch for me. What’s worse is a chap with a diamond wedding ring I’ve seen a few of those recently.

leftyboy
    Free Member

+1 for a watch and a wedding ring!

kimbers

Awful tacky things, no matter what colour your trousers are !

slowoldman

Blockheads wear ’em.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Back in the 80s in my jeweller days i used to get 25p for each one i made, my record was 50 in 45 minutes, the basic sygnet shape was stamped out and then i would solder them, size them and buff them up ready to be polished, happy days.
    Did wonder where all the bloody things went tbh.

CountZero

lunge – Member
    Men are allowed 2 and only 2 pieces a jewellery, a watch and a wedding ring. There is 1 exception to this and this is that you are permitted to wear a pendant, likely a crucifix if you are on a road bike, climbing a mountain, it’s 30 degrees and your jersey in undone.
    Anything more is simply vulgar.
    hatter – Member
    + 1 to what Lunge said (pretty much)
    on and on – Member
    ^ yep, only a decent watch and a wedding ring. Anything else is just skank

ooooOOOOoooo, get a load of the fashion Taliban! Who died and made you Elvis? 🙄

lunge

ooooOOOOoooo, get a load of the fashion Taliban! Who died and made you Elvis?

Darling, it’s not a case of being the fashion Taliban, it’s simply a case of helping someone make a sensible decision.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Signet Rings’ is closed to new replies.