Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Show us yer cats
  • khani
    Free Member

Thomas and Nasty

RIP mitten, went to chase mice in the sky last week 🙁

stumpy01

Sukie back from the vet after an undiagnosed illness that cost the insurance company £3000! Some might remember my post about her being ill at the time

Sukie posing for the rubbish HTC camera:

Unfortunately we had to have her put down earlier this year, when she suddenly became ill……

chunkypaul
    Free Member

Joseph, five minutes after he was sick on my carpet!

toby

hannah

cranberry
    Free Member

Cat No. 3 ( aka Gingy Cat ) Not actually ours, as he lives in the wood behind our house. We are in the process of trying to win his confidence so we can take him to the vet, get him checked over/check for a microchip and if none is found de-nutted.

Baby Horse ( Basil )

Binky/Beast/Bad Cat! ( Jasmine )

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Another… Jeffrey enjoying the heat my laptop generates when I work from home:

Houns

My boys who are 6 months old (and now much bigger than these pix)

Charlie

Snap

The old girl who is 17 helping map read

Ti

As a kitten

And the the 2 that my ex kept

Jim_Kirk
    Free Member

Roger

one_bad_mofo

Above there’s Drum and below there’s Bass, who had just been exploring dark corners of the garage hence the cobwebs. Both now about 11 years old. They’ve been with me for just over a year after coming home with me from the Furry Friends rescue centre in Coulsdon.

Watty

Jasper

Alejandro
    Free Member

Figaro:

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Tiger Lily, RIP – sadly died last week after being hit by a car. 🙁

Nermal Longbody, RIP – died last month of kidney disease. 🙁

House is weird now without any noisy creatures running around, dont’ like it!

derek_starship
    Free Member

Our girl – Mushroom who’s 12.

ski
    Free Member

British Blue Tom by scotiedog, on Flickr

British shorthair cat by scotiedog, on Flickr

British shorthair cat by scotiedog, on Flickr

Quick cat question – Been using frontline spot flea control for over 15 years with all my cats (3x) every 4-5 weeks, just noticed ours have started to get feas all of a sudden, can Cats or Fleas build up an immunity to Frontline?

Ta

derek_starship
    Free Member

dave rudabar – sorry to hear about your losses mate. You must be gutted. So sad. We lost our Spook to the road last October and I still miss him.

You should get some more – for your sake and the new cats’ 😛

ski
    Free Member

Great names one_bad_mofo 😉

verses

Quick cat question – Been using frontline spot flea control for over 15 years with all my cats (3x) every 4-5 weeks, just noticed ours have started to get feas all of a sudden, can Cats or Fleas build up an immunity to Frontline?

We’ve used Frontline for the last 10 years and it’s worked well.

Having said that, we had a flea problem about 18months ago, possibly because we accidentally left it a little too long between Frontline treatments and eggs had built up in her usual sleeping places and were hatching. On the recommendation of the vet we treated the house with this stuff;
    http://www.petmeds.co.uk/p-3454-indorex-household-flea-spray.aspx
    …then hoovered like an OCD person for a week and we’ve had none since.

We now use a Frontline copy (apparently the patent expired on Frontline so others can copy it now) which seems just as effective but cheaper;
    http://www.petmeds.co.uk/p-6976-effipro-spot-on-flea-treatment-for-cats-4.aspx

flip
    Free Member

This thread is making me want a cat 😐

philconsequence
    Free Member

+1

ski
    Free Member

Thanks for the info verses will check them out

Is everyone using Frontline, or one of its copies? Or has anyone found a cheaper option?

Watty

I’m pretty sure our cats had built up a certain immunity to Frontline, so we now use ADVOCATE – from the vets, it’s obviously more expensive. 🙁

fluffykittens
    Free Member

@ski

Was using Frontline until we had a really bad flea situation a few years ago.
    Vet recommended Stronghold which is veterinary prescription only but does all internal and external parasites – fleas, worms, ear mites etc. which works well for my kitty (pics in a mo).
    Downside is that it’s ~£20 for 3 months worth…

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Cats are awesome. Take zero (near enough) looking after but give a lot of love back.

We use Frontline Spot On on ours and never had a problem (which reminds me, I need to do them both).

fluffykittens
    Free Member

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

In fact looking at this thread makes me want another cat. Jeffrey would love it. It might send Stella into an early grave.

derek_starship
    Free Member

fluffykittens – what an ace cat – fun and it lays eggs.

Bargain.

fluffykittens
    Free Member

@derek_starship

She didn’t lay the egg! I was taking a photo of egg for a friend and kitty decided to ‘help’! 🙂

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Derek_starship – I don’t think we will, firstly we’re in rented accom. without a garden – they have to use the lane to the fields & cars/vans go too quick along it. I might lose my job/take VR in the new year so it’d be good not to have to think about space for cats if we move.
    Also, i’m allergic to them, they have given me asthma! Kinda looking forward to ditching the inhalers.
    What was worst, was that someone put her in a bin bag and left her in the hedge, it only happened 50m from our place, she’s even got a collar on with our address & number FFS!

mbr30
    Free Member

Cougar

This thread is making me want a cat

This thread is just reminding me that I want one.

slackman99
    Free Member

Mike

Steve

Steve being cat worried by the missus

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Meet Salem aka Monkeh aka Mad Yuri Munkov aka Satan aka The boy from munkle aka Screaming mad munchkin aka Funkle McMunkle aka Monkgonagle aka etc etc etc

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Show us yer cats’ is closed to new replies.