Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Show me your Ti hardtails
  • cinnamon_girl

markwright22
    Free Member

any body fancy swapping their Ti 19 ish inch hardtail for my just being built up 20 new inch merida flx carbon race hardtail with fox float forks and xt thoughout, carbon handlebars….

ta, mark

ken_shields
    Free Member

Very shiny Morning Glory

haggis1978

dsc01826_142 by stewartmckinven, on Flickr

Kent Eriksen

bland

Spot whats wrong here

valleydaddy
    Free Member

OOooooops 😯

racefaceec90

i will (in about 5-6 months 😉

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

bland – Member
    Spot whats wrong here

You have green tyres?

eviljoe
    Free Member

@ Ken_shields-

Did you polish that up yourself? I’ve got an MG with the lacquer, and I want to strip it off and shine it up. Anytips? Will Dialled give me some new stickers?

Cheers

Joe

howie74
    Free Member

my lynskey pro29 2011 went for a mix of red and gold

boxfish
    Free Member

Brodie Holeshot with orange, brown, green, black, grey, silver…can you tell I’m colour blind?

ken_shields
    Free Member

eviljoe – Member

@ Ken_shields-

Did you polish that up yourself? I’ve got an MG with the lacquer, and I want to strip it off and shine it up. Anytips? Will Dialled give me some new stickers?

I got someone to do it and it cost £75. Ti is a bast to polish so paying someone to do was the quickest (and easiest 😀 ) option.

Have a look in Yellow Pages for metal polishers.

You’ll get decals from gil@thecycleshed.co.uk . He does both original (as per the pic above) and the newer gothic script (as per pic below) in any colours.

My Lynskey after 11 months and about 2500km

LimboJimbo

[/url]
    IMG_0180 by Required Listening, on Flickr[/img]

Cobbled together from the parts bin using my stolen/recovered ti456. All I needed to buy was a singlespeed kit and a cheapy set of Avids off CRC. So far all I’ve done is commute and a quick mince round FTD. The dented TT hasn’t killed me in a fireball of death (yet).

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

For a change, heres one being ridden.

Clink

Oh Colin you look sooo manly!! 😀

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I didn’t know you felt that way! 😯 😉 😳

You might change your mind after you’ve seen my ‘I’m going over a bump face’

This was about an hour before I separated my shoulder.

alpin
    Free Member

bland – Member

Spot whats wrong here

double chin?

@ boxfish… you’ve raped that frame. and not good rape, but bad rape – in a darkened alley. wow.

Basil

Bland.
    New model of rear mech?

boxfish
    Free Member

@ boxfish… you’ve raped that frame. and not good rape, but bad rape – in a darkened alley. wow.

OK…

I don’t really appreciate the sexual violence metaphor but horses for courses, eh?

It rides well. It pleases me. Job done. If it makes you feel sick, look away! 😆

si-wilson
    Free Member

Box fish, how you getting on with the frame?

boxfish
    Free Member

Si,

It’s difficult to single the frame out as I’ve only ever ridden it with the set-up as it is now. The fork was also new. What I can say is that the bike as a whole likes to go fast.

It has a stiff back-end compared to a previous Ti frame, but then that was a super-springy Cotic Soda. I may consider a more forgiving seatpost but then again, I’m stood up over the rougher stuff anyway. When I first received the frame, the initial impression was that this was a more robust than your ‘standard’ Ti hardtail. All in all, a nicely made frame that was easy to build up; I had no issues with cable-routing or brake caliper alignment.

My regular rides consist of around 3 hours of squirmy, rooty singletrack with some steeper switchbacks and rocky chutes. I’ve now ridden the same trails on a steel bike with 100m forks, alu/Ti bikes with 120mm forks and now a Ti bike with a 140mm fork. The Holeshot is the slackest bike I’ve ridden and I’m happy to take it downhill and know that it will go where it’s pointed. Given the stiffer rear triangle, I don’t feel beaten up after my usual rides. I’m yet to do an all day ride on it though.

Sorry I can’t be more specific at this stage.

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Ti hardtails’ is closed to new replies.