Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Show me your Saracen Ariel X… please!
  • desboy3
    Free Member

As the title says and maybe why you like/dislike it too! Ta.

desboy3
    Free Member

Anyone?

oreetmon
    Free Member

des, give it 6 to 12 months before asking this Q.

tis a ‘cheap’ frame,
    only (as far as i know) MBR has creamed over this frame so far. if your keen for a cheap do it all (think, orange 5) frame get one now before the prices go silly when the magazine articles are jizzing over their free bikes and it gets ‘budget bike’ of the year. the second hand price will be almost equal to the new frame price by then.

TONGUE (thrust firmly) IN CHEEK smiley face thingy

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Northwind

oreetmon – Member

tis a ‘cheap’ frame,
    only (as far as i know) MBR has creamed over this frame so far

Singletrack rated it too, took one downhill racing… I think Dirt were pretty positive too.

oreetmon
    Free Member

i will take that as a positive then. sorry for my mistake 🙁

mtbtomo
    Free Member

WMB rated it too.

I think Loco has one as a demo bike, and has posted a pic, so if you search his posts you might find it.

hoochylala
    Free Member

I am tempted by one as a frame only option for my FS build due to the good reviews I have seen on the full build bikes the magazines have tested – Im being hesitant, and I know why, Im being a brand snob!

magowen100
    Free Member

Googleing ‘Ariel X’ doesn’t show piccies of bikes…. 😯

alexonabike

Im considering this vs the NP Mega.

My concerns of the Ariel is the steeper HA (68 vs 66) and the higher BB it will have with 160mm forks on, having been designed around 140mm.

Anyone care to reassure me, or tell me to just get the Mega? I am wanting the bike to be Alps capable and trail centre endurable!

Northwind

alexonabike – Member

Anyone care to reassure me, or tell me to just get the Mega? I am wanting the bike to be Alps capable and trail centre endurable!

Once the Mega actually exists it looks like it’ll be a great buy but I’d want a) stock in shops and b) some buyer feedback first.

desboy3
    Free Member

Yes I’ve seen bike mag reviews of the ariel 3 but was really looking for info from real world owners. Can’t see any builds when googling the X as a frame only custom build. Like alexonabike was also considering the mega but would again like to hear some rider feedback!

Bagstard
    Free Member

Do a search on southerndownhill.com , pretty sure it has been very favourably reviewed on there. As I remember it was given a thorough extended testing in the alps and is still going strong!

alexonabike

Ok, what headset will fit an ariel (taper HT) to allow std 1 1/8th forks?

mtbtomo
    Free Member

This is a custom build on Real Cycles….

Saracen Ariel at Real Cycles

alexonabike

Anyone know of any good deals on 2010 models? Singletrack Bikes has sold out despite their website. 👿

Naranjada
    Free Member

Si at 18Bikes in Hope has one and he really rates it. I’m sure he’d be glad to chat if you called him …BTW the shop’s closed on Wednesdays.

desboy3
    Free Member

Cheers for the link tomo! That’s really swinging my choice towards the ariel! But is anyone on here riding one?!

SBrock
    Free Member

WMB did a Ariel vs SC Butcher, the Butcher won though!

simonbowns
    Free Member

I have indeed got one, built with 160 lyriks, big big fan. happy to arrange demo/borrow via the shop – we’ve also got a 140/140 setup on the shop demo bike.

buying the bike makes sense, strip and sell some parts if you’re only wanting the frame – that’s what i did, although the ariel x frame only wasn’t available.

Si

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Saracen Ariel X… please!’ is closed to new replies.