Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Ciliaryblue.com & prescription riding specs
  • spooky_b329

Looking for a few recommendations for places to buy sunglass style frames suitable for ciliaryblue to reglaze with prescription lenses.

What frames have you got, where from and what do you think of them? Which ones are good for stopping flying mud/steaming up?

Did you get reaction lenses? Are they worth it over a normal pair and a tinted pair for sunny days?

Appreciated…thanks 🙂

P.S I know there was a thread last week although I can’t find it, however it wasn’t specifically about frames suitable for Ciliaryblue, just some comments mentioning it. There was a link to some frames that had foam around them to make them a close fit to the face…

mick_tvr
    Free Member

Here’s the link http://www.i-sunglasses.com/Choppers-Padded-Sunglasses-8CP905-Black-Clear

I have just received a pair, the next step is to send them off to Ciliaryblue

Mick

richardthird

I got some BBB ones like these for £1 when Parkers sadly closed. And Yes to reactions lenses.

spooky_b329

Thanks guys

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Got some Oakley Racing jackets with Ciliary Blue lenses.
    Took a couple of attempts to get them fitted correctly but now excellent.
    At the time bought a set of clear and a set of dark.
    Cost me 80 quid.
    A relative bargain compared to Oakley!
    Think I bought the frames of American EBay and sold the lenses in them so didn’t cost a lot.
    Thanks,
    Max

big_n_daft
    Free Member

they managed to do some lenses for my joakleys jawbones

scc999

Am sending off some Bolle Tracker safet spec to be reglazed, not opted for reaction lenses of the 1st pair.
    Did try to get some idea of what glasses they could do but they just said – “ones with separate left and right lenses”.
    I’ll update on what they say about the Trackers

Bolle Tracker

scc999

The Bolle Trackers I mentioned above have now been reglazed and are waiting at the sorting office for me to go and collect.
    Will post up when I’ve had a look at / through them!

Si

spooky_b329

Thanks, be good to hear an update 🙂

mattrgee
    Free Member

I just went to Decathlon, found some glasses that suited me, popped the lenses out, sent them off to ciliaryblue and got them back a few days later. I got the reaction lenses and they work well. I think frame + lenses cost me about £40 in the end.

hora
    Free Member

Wheres the best place for joakleys??

IHN

What mattrgee said, except replace ‘Decathlon’ with ‘dodgy Greek sunglasses vendor whilst on holiday’.

scc999

Ok, so I’ve tied the CB reglazed glasses a few times and I’m pretty sure the prescription is wrong. Things seem a bit further away than if I switch to my usual specs.
    Emailed them a couple of days back but heard nothing yet.

Si

Conan257
    Free Member

One thing to watch for, potentially, is what I think happened to mine.

The lenses weren’t curved quite enough to fit the frame, so upon fitting I have to add a litle more curve. This has a slight effect on the prescription, but it’s nothing major in my case.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Ciliaryblue.com & prescription riding specs’ is closed to new replies.