Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Show me your Planet X Carbon SL's
  • Vader
    Free Member

Lets see your pics and what do you think of it?

I'm in the middle of medium and large (6 foot but short legs) – what sizes are people riding?

Don't spose anyone has one in inverness I could have a shot on?

Bazz

Love mine, haven't got a picture at the moment to post though, fast and comfy, i'm 6 foot with er.. normal sized legs (?) and a large is spot on for me, there is quite a bit of seatpost out so even if your legs are shorter should still be fine and the reach should also fit, may be a bit upright with a medium.

sc-xc

I am just under 5'10 and waiting for my medium Sram Red to roll off the line 😀

bazzer
    Free Member

Love mine, was out on it tonight.

5'11 and I am on a large and feel it fits fine.

Choosing riding it over muddy trails at the moment !!

Bazzer

Nezbo
    Free Member

I'm waiting for my XL to come through, hopefully i should here somthing this week 🙂 and I'm 6'4"

Nezbo
    Free Member

I'm waiting for my XL to come through, hopefully i should here somthing this week 🙂 and I'm 6'4"

PaulB
    Free Member

Hi,
    I would definitely go large at 6'. The frames on the SL are quite compact as Bazz has intimated. Go for a Nanolight if you can afford it, its a step up from the SL and very stable in corners at speed, thats speed up and down hill. If you just want to go steady at a Sportive then the SL may well suit.
    I have just had a week or so riding them back to back, so feel I can speak up.

Paul.

oldgit
    Free Member

5'8" on a small, I'd have gone a size up if I wasn't racing it. It's been a cracking bike, I would need to have been a seriously better racer to warrant anything dearer.
    Here with training wheels. Ultegra 10 throughout. FSA Team Carbon Pro cranks, carbon wing bars, carbon stem and carbon post, old Flite, use Diamant Pros to race on these are old Fortezza Tri-Comp handmades.

bazzer
    Free Member

I was not sure what to go for but the people at Planet X persuaded me the SL was the way to go.

I wanted it for fitness training for the MTB and some longer day rides. They said that the Nanolight was limited to 23mm tyres. I have 23mm tyres on the SL at the moment and after another puncture tonight I am wondering if I should change them. I am running 120psi and I pump them up before every ride.

Was not sure if I would like it, but I love it. I have an black SL with SRAM red including the red cranks. Seems very fast to me and pretty comfortable.

Bazzer

oldgit
    Free Member

I found cornering on this to be superbe, to the point where my racing rivals in my bunch/level would follow me through the turns and gates etc, and in return would happily tow me up the climbs. Which suited me I can tell you.

I've never measured the chainstay, but I'd prefer a tighter rear end. I like a SWB for climbing.

oldgit
    Free Member

bazzer you shouldn't be getting puntures, 120's plenty and 25's aren't going to be the answer.
    I guess the bikes fairly new so the tyres shouldn't be soft, a high TPI count is always worth going for.
    I've had zero punctures. And anyone that knows me will know I don;t pussy foot about with dainty wheelsets. If I'm busy I don't want to be constantly on the lookout for potholes etc. Nice traditional wheels and quality tyres should keep you puncture free full stop.
    If you are running top rubber, then I suggest avoiding council estate roads.

oldgit
    Free Member

bazzer you shouldn't be getting puntures, 120's plenty and 25's aren't going to be the answer.
    I guess the bikes fairly new so the tyres shouldn't be soft, a high TPI count is always worth going for.
    I've had zero punctures. And anyone that knows me will know I don;t pussy foot about with dainty wheelsets. If I'm busy I don't want to be constantly on the lookout for potholes etc. Nice traditional wheels and quality tyres should keep you puncture free full stop.
    If you are running top rubber, then I suggest avoiding council estate roads.

bazzer
    Free Member

Hi Oldgit

They are Maxis something or others. I am mainly on country roads and they do seem to have a lot debris on the road though.

Will have a look at tyres to see what the tpi of the carcass is.

Whats a good fast tyre with good puncture resistance ?

Bazzer

oldgit
    Free Member

They're all good. STWers fall into three camps.
    1) Continental
    2) Michelin
    3} Vittoria
    I like Vittorias they seem to have a Tubular like ride i.e fast but somehow tactile.

Jason
    Free Member

Here is mine:

That is a large, I am 6 foot and I think the saddle is now fractionally lower than in that picture.

I only use mine for a bit of variety from the mud and the occasional sportive ride. I have found it great.

scaredypants

'ere, bazzer, they're not maxxis re-fuse are they ?

I've found them great so far for puncture resistance, and (for that level of durability) seem quite fast to me

dickie
    Free Member

5'11" & ride a large with 100mm stem, GF is 5'7" & rides a medium with an 80mm stem.
    You will need a large as others have said.

bazzer
    Free Member

'ere, bazzer, they're not maxxis re-fuse are they ?

I've found them great so far for puncture resistance, and (for that level of durability) seem quite fast to me

Not sure will look tonight.

Funny thing is I could tell you exactly what tyres are on the mountain bikes, including the spare wheels 🙂

But loving the new found road riding 🙂

Bazzer

Buzzard
    Free Member

I'm 6ft with 35 inseam and ride a large with a 110mm stem. Fairly long seatpost extension but thats the same on all my bikes.

cxi
    Free Member

My large (I'm 6'1) is 2 years old in November (got it on the C18 offer). Changed the Lugano tyres (puncture central) for GP Four Seasons (no punctures since) and a FSA carbon seat post (it looked nice).

August 2009 by *ChrisB*, on Flickr

PaulB
    Free Member

Hi,
    For folks' info, Nanolight WILL fit 24mm Continentals and, a crud guard very nearly fits ok, just needs a bit of filing for the back one, front ok.

Paul.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Planet X Carbon SL's’ is closed to new replies.