Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Show me your old road singlespeeds/fixies
  • Surfr
    Free Member

Thinking of a steel singlespeed for the commute. Something like an 80s peugeot/raleigh converted. I’d rather not go fixed due to the hills around here but you can show me yours if you like . Extra marks for panniers and full guards.

flashes
    Free Member

I don’t do racks. Some have gone. All great in there own way. The cheap and cheerful blue (not) Nelson, was fab.

flashes
    Free Member

and the SS;

Stoner
    Free Member

oldgit
    Free Member

This is getting finished. 1958 531 frame. Spoke to someone today about some 114mm flip/flop wheels. Got some old white mudguards, need period brakes and saddle and finish off with red cloth tape.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

It’s a catastrophic gate, but it has bright green bits and is basically a road bike, so it’s all good.

oldgit
    Free Member

Stoner what size wheels are they, 700c in old 27 1/4″ frame?

Stoner
    Free Member

yep. bags of room.

Surfr
    Free Member

That’s just the sort of thing I’m after Flashes. Any hints on where to pick up a bargain of a frame?

slugwash
    Free Member

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

Not quite as big as TooTall freak machine but getting there 🙂

Comes with an interesting history and made out of Columbus TSX that was developed especially for the ‘larger frame’

ton

you lot are not reet…………in the head like!

adeward
    Free Member

[img][/img]

flashes
    Free Member

Surfr
    Which frame? some were really cheap, the rest OK and one expensive, but worth it.

slugwash
    Free Member

Flashes, I was going to ask if this one was an Overburys but I found out that it was when I copied the photo link to post it below. Lovely bike that, I always wanted one back in the late 80’s but had to make do with a Dave Yates Diablo instead 😉

oldgit
    Free Member

Surfr
    You can get something like this for £25. I’ve since ground off all the 70’s brazings. Plans for this are 271/4″ bolt on singlespeed wheels, mudguards, Brooks, either Weinmann centre pulls or modern dual pivots, North Road bars. The powder coater has it, and is painting it ‘John Dere’ tractor green and I have the old enamel headbadge and decals.

Terry
    Free Member

Colnago Lux Master Track

Haze

^ Very nice

oldgit
    Free Member

That’s one homesick looking Colnago there 😉

flashes
    Free Member

The Overbury will probably be for sale. Just frame and forks.

Trackends installed, brake mounts lowered by Argos. Powdercoating by Griff’s.

I must reduce numbers. I think it stands at 9 at the moment.

hexhamstu
    Free Member
    fontmoss
    Free Member

not old but road and ss (and lovely)

link (can’t sign in to put image up)

Kuco

Like the old white and blue Raleigh. I’ve only got a modern Langster frame 🙁

Surfr
    Free Member

Flashes, the white and blue Raleigh is the sort of thing I’d like to build. Keeping an eye out for an old Equipe, Banana or Team frame now 🙂

thepodge
    Free Member

My polo bike:
    Cost £30
    Target Flyte
    Age unknown
    Fixed 22:16 gear
    Front brake on chrome rims
    New bars, cranks and rear wheel

Everyone rips the crap out of it but we all love it really

Surfr
    Free Member

Any more out there guys and girls? I’ve got a lead on a Raleigh Winner which might just do the job.

ourmaninthenorth

Holdsworth Equipe. Original bike given to me by a friend. I paid for the conversion with some s/h, some new, and some NOS parts.

Fixed:

And it its current guise, as a SS cross bike (aka ProjectSSCX). Most recently saw action at HTN on Sat:

BigJohn

This is mine. A really old 27″ wheeler with Weinmann Centre Pull brakes. Mudguards & Panniers as requested. Fixed too.

It’s a bit laden down – I was at work one winter’s Friday afternoon (having done the weekend shopping at the butchers – cue bulging pannier) when my Garage called to say “pick up your frame, we’ve welded the cracked chainstay” and the postie dropped in the fork after Magura had serviced it. Odd that Magura send out repairs in Marzocchi boxes…

It took a bit of working out how I was going to pack it all and ride home, but I managed. Until I swung my leg over the back…

Coleman
    Free Member

Not old, but fixed and called Maurice

Retrodirect
    Free Member

Just checking back on all my photos, and I have a long and badly documented history of breaking fix-wheel frames. 8 frames in 6 years!

No.1 It all started with this one. Cracked and rewelded twice. Twisted seat stay. Photo from sometime in 2005

Recycled it into this monstrosity.

No.3 Snapped at the downtube butts. Old 501 frame. Painted in Glow in the dark paint.

No.4 Twisted and would not ride straight

No.6
    Magic Gear Giant OCR. T-boned a car which pulled out of a parking space bike was a write-off

No.7
    Roadrat – the flexiest frame I have ever owned. Still running

Current frame, Old ribble 631, Carbon forks snapped (running surly ones now) and it dents SO easily and have had to fill all the dents in with brass. but is still functioning (although it’s now A LOT less pretty.)

bedmaker

Coventry eagle elite. Original ‘patina’ahem… keep thinking about paintin it but I quite like it like this, even has the original bike shop sticker on it which was just up the road but no longer in existence.
    Really lovely old frame made from 531cs, had a few other 531 frames but the cs tubing is in a different league, light and comfy.
    Bike weighs 19 lbs as it is in these pics.
    Rear wheel is open pro built onto an XT front disc hub with a drilled sprocket setup, dishless, strong and easy to change sprockets.
    Front is a lovely Hope Ti with purple bits for that retro flava ting.

Hardly ever use it other than going to the shop so thinking about selling it to part finance a fatbike build.

mralexbenn
    Free Member

Here’s my first single speed. A Puch Prince I think.

Only riden it once in this form added new shimano r500 wheels with hope qr skewers but it keeps popping the wheel out when I crank hard, any ideas how I could sort this? Go for bolt up skewers?

Cheers

BigJohn

Shimano Skewers are regarded as better than Hope for ultimate grip. Or use a chain tug.

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

Here’s mine, as it arrived:

De-lugged:

Built and powder coated:

simon1975

My daily commuter “Elswick Ambler” – £14.50 from ebay

bedmaker

Not singlespeed or fixed (yet) but thought I’d post this as I hauled it off the top of a pile of scrap at my local scrappy on Friday. Frame appeared straight and undamaged, wheels ok, just very grubby.
    Mentally preparing myself to barter from a tenner down to £7, I asked the guy how much. ‘Erm, three quid okay?’ says he. How can you hammer someone down from three quid? Off I went with a new velocipede.

Gave it a clean, pumped up the tyres (one green one- fancy!) and off for a wee jaunt round a 12 mile loop from the house. Everything working nicely, even the saddle is fairly comfy.

Put the other one up there ^^^ on ebay as ths one will do for my occasional roadiness till I get a ‘crosser.

unovolo
    Free Member

Started life as a old “Ricardo”frame (some Aussie brand)

Finished up looking like this

vdubber67
    Free Member

Wow. Top thread. Some gorgeous bikes – loving that red raleigh Flashes.

Here’s my Gazelle Trim Trophy. On it’s third build in 3 years. Running 48-16 fixed.

edhornby

commuter bike, may be not long for this world if the downtube to head tube lug fails where it’s starting to crack 🙁 although it would be a good excuse to buy a pompetamine frame and a P2 fork…

ken_shields
    Free Member

My old Raleigh Equipe

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Show me your old road singlespeeds/fixies’ is closed to new replies.