• This topic has 69 replies, 45 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by colp.
Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Show me some pictures of you doing some big drops offs..
  • yoshimi

I remember that drop in Les Gets…I ran up to it a few times but bottled it. I couldn’t get my head around the run up because as you rode up the ladder to get to it, you could see the landing etc just the other side of the valley.

Yep I had exactly the same thing happen but was a bit too late in deciding to stop…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQqhcLirLEU[/video]

stevede
    Free Member

julioflo – Member
    stevede – that drop at Gawton – on a hardtail. You idiot. Did you survive?
    (fair play if you did sir!)

Julioflo – I survived! Done it loads of times on the hardtail, happy to say that I did it a good few times before they made the run in easier too. In fact when they made the run in easier I forgot and hit it as fast as I normally would and overshot it landing halfway in the berm which was a touch harsher landing than normal! From a technical point of view it’s no big deal, confidence, speed, commitment and a bit of technique.

ononeorange

Definitely a thread to make me feel utterly inadequate.

I was bothered by the kerb at the start.

legend
    Free Member

SOAP – Member
    Fairly big

You seem to be mid-understanding what a drop-off is, or something is going horribly wrong

euanc
    Free Member

Euanc, road gap at Inners?

It is aye.

messiah
    Free Member

_tom_
    Free Member

Probably the biggest I’ve done, the big step down at Woburn. It’s actually nicer on a hardtail (as pictured) I think as the landing seems to buck you about a bit of a fs even with rebound set right.

Hope it’s still there after all the felling etc :\

D0NK

Yep I had exactly the same thing happen but was a bit too late in deciding to stop…

ah the infamous shed stack, been waiting ages to see that, ouchy!
    You Ok after Saturdays tumble?

Think that run in needs a little work messiah, looks sketchy

maxtorque

I’m totally not good enough to feature in this thread………

wysiwyg
    Free Member

stevede
    Free Member

^^^ that looks huge, fair play.

SOAP
    Free Member

Wysiwyg wins!

kimbers

thats what I was thinking Soap!

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Ooh what do I win?

This is the wide view (google pic)

I think that ones bigger than this?

Euro
    Free Member

Haven’t really done a lot of drops but was looking through this thread and thinking ‘yup’ to every drop so far until…

I’d definitely be thinking twice about that one. Then saying nah! Fair play man, that’s huge.

Done some stuntman sized jumps in my bmx days but no pics 🙁 . This is the best i’ve got. 2.47 in the vid is probably my longest jump. I was a bit too fast on my first attempt at the coffin jump at inners. Doesn’t look much on camera but the lads reckoned a good 40′ . Scared the crap outta me if i’m honest.

[video]https://vimeo.com/14415385[/video]

https://vimeo.com/14415385

bloody bah!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Is that the one on Air Voltage? I had a look at them, but it was way too big for me.

I did this one a few years ago in the bike park, wouldn’t even consider it now. In fact, I don’t even know why I did it then, it was nasty.

I remember someone had written ‘bonne chance’ on the lip of the woodwork. Silly things you remember 🙂

Gotama
    Free Member

^^ and therein lies the reason Hobnob finds the downhill skills of xc riders a bit average…. 😀

superfli
    Free Member

The only thing I managed on Air Voltage was the skinny with little drop at the end! Everything else is just mad. That road gap is huge and with a big berm after it. Saw someone do it and you could hear the tyre hit his frame on his 8″ travel bike 😮 Some people do it on HTs…..

saxabar
    Free Member

Just when you get lulled into thinking STW is populated by doddery mincers… 😯 😛

colp

wysiwyg wins!

These 2 from Leogang the other month.

JEngledow
    Free Member

You seem to be mid-understanding what a drop-off is, or something is going horribly wrong

The OP stated “or jumps….“, so SOAP posted a pic of a jump!!

GEDA
    Free Member

Great how the drops are getting bigger and bigger. I have no chance to keep up so here is a pic I randomly found on google.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Didn’t see or jump. in that case

jedi
    chiefgrooveguru

After last year’s drop-off related disaster I’ve decided to only attempt drops where I think “yep, no problem” (which basically equates to 4′ to flat max if I’m in the zone and the run in and out are friendly). It’s awesome seeing all these big drops and thinking that I don’t actually want to even think about trying them. Kudos to you braver riders!

DrP

Here’s my effort from Chatel Bike park a few years ago..

DrP

colp

Wysiwig, is that the big kicker at the bottom of the slopestyle course in Chatel? Damn, wouldn’t touch that one!
    DrP, that was a nice drop mate, it had gone last time I was there.

colp

Here’s my little fella (11) in Leogang again on a 4 inch travel Kona, he’s on a Trek Session 8 now and absolutely flying.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Yupp it is, gone now :'(

My mates did the big Scott Drop last year, but i’d cracked my frame on Air Voltage, over shot the last drop to flat 🙁 so couldnt go.

colp

yoshimi – Member
    I remember that drop in Les Gets…I ran up to it a few times but bottled it. I couldn’t get my head around the run up because as you rode up the ladder to get to it, you could see the landing etc just the other side of the valley.

Danny, come to Leogang this year, I’ve got a GoPro now so can capture your pain in 1080P. 😛

To keep the thread alive, here’s the little road gap under the Pleney.

And here’s the the nipper again.

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Show me some pictures of you doing some big drops offs..’ is closed to new replies.